Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPoster (View Post)
I am wondering about timing also, that why I think Alfonso won't be around for the first few episodes. They aren't married yet and Lucrezia isn't inlove with him at this time, they are just engaged and the Pope just got poisoned. Maybe the wedding is postponed and he went back to his home or something. I think L/A will develop in the second part of the season.
That's also what I thought...although we see Alfonso in the promo (when Cesare is watching them). Oh well...I'll just wait and see!!!!

Last edited by BL.Arinna_1982; 01-29-2013 at 01:27 PM
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

What I would like to know is the order of things.. even if I don't know the whole plot, I would like to know if the Alfonso/Lucrezia scene is before the C/L or after.. I just don't want Lucrezia to use Cesare, and my insides are telling me she isn't because that'll be completely OOC, after all he's done for her, I don't think she'll do something like that mostly because of a guy she barely knows (Alfonso) so the line of only a Borgia can love a Borgia might have a hidden message about Alfonso, but it also might have something to with Cesare.. cause we KNOW Alfonso is all into Lucrezia.. what would make him fall out of love of her? her family?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucrezia in Borgia used Cesare, but I don't think Lucrezia in The Borgias is gonna do the same. Their relationship is completely different. If they do something, that's going to be because they both want to do it. btw She's more likely to defend him than to threaten him.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

I know right? but she will be pissed at him because we see she hits him.. what could make her do that? he's like a ****ing saint to her... I'm just very confused with Lucrezia's behavior in the promos, looks very much like Isola's Lucrezia in S1.. but maybe since we don't know how this all fits, that's why I see the resemblance..
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hello again, cahe64! And again, I forgot your name. Sorry.

I think the problem is that we're trying to figure out a timeline of events between Lucrezia/Alfonso and Lucrezia/Cesare, and what exactly is the order of events leading to the kissing scene. Is the scene of Lucrezia naked with Cesare and kissing him before, or after the scene where she's helping him with his armor and kissing him? That could really help establish what's going on between them a bit more clearly.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe she's not married yet?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

He wouldn't look that shocked if they're already kissing all around the vatican, I think.. so my gut says the dreamy scene goes first.. but that means that it has to be real and not a dream.. so maybe the sex scene is a dream? the only a borgia can love a borgia and they do kiss in the want and wanting clip and later in the armor scene but that's it?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Lucrezia isn't married yet and I don't see a wedding while the Pope is ill.

I think Lucrezia hitting Cesare in the promo is a red herring and probably will have nothing to do with their intimate relationship. She may be upset with him about something else and it will be a short lived anger.

If I were writing this based on the promo, in ep 1 I would have Vanozza ask Lucrezia if anything inappropriate ever happened between her and Cesare and a shocked Lucrezia will deny it and be a bit offended. Vanozza will then apologize, say she didn't think so but that they have always been close and warn Lucrezia to be careful with regards to Alfonso. She will then tell Lucrezia that at her engagement party her and Cesare were looking at each other more like lovers than siblings and if she noted it Alfonso may have and misinterpreted things. Vanozza would also say that when Cesare gets married it probably won't be such an issue.

Later in the episode would be Lucrezia and Cesare having a conversation where she relays her conversation with their mother and this is the spark that leads to a honest discussion between the two. They acknowledge they have UST and agree to not act on the feelings because they are siblings.

Ep 2 and 3 would be them now both aware of the UST between them and eventually giving in.

I don't think Lucrezia will use Cesare in any way.

I still maintain L/C happen in the first half (1-5) of the season with L/A at the end (5-10). Remember Alfonso was also paranoid about L/C's relationship.

Last edited by NYPoster; 01-29-2013 at 06:11 PM
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
He wouldn't look that shocked if they're already kissing all around the vatican, I think.. so my gut says the dreamy scene goes first.. but that means that it has to be real and not a dream.. so maybe the sex scene is a dream? the only a borgia can love a borgia and they do kiss in the want and wanting clip and later in the armor scene but that's it?
I agree, the "dreamy scene" has to be the first more intimate scene just because of the look on this face.
He carefully walks into the room because he doesn't know what's coming.
If this scene isn't a dream, then Lucrezia seems to have planned the seduction.

Maybe none of these scenes are dreams?

Last edited by Katja82; 01-30-2013 at 01:04 AM
Old 01-30-2013, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

I'm wondering why people think it's a dream sequence. Because the scene is so bright? The first Lucrezia & Giulia scene in season 1 was also very bright, but was not a dream.

Oh well...maybe it is...but maybe it's not.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Just had another thought about the "Only a Borgia can love a Borgia" line.

Maybe Alfonso is not the loving husband he should be and tells her that he doesn't love her (because of her family, the rumours about her and Cesare, and so on). Might be one of the reasons she finally turns to the man who really loves her - Cesare.
Of course I hope rejection is not the only reason, but it might be the final straw.

Last edited by Katja82; 01-30-2013 at 06:49 AM
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Only a Borgia can love a Borgia...

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome gif set.

I'm not sure Alfonso will reject her. History wise, he's in love with her and she cares (loves?) him too. The one thing is clear though, his jealousy of Cesare. It's vise versa I have to say. I think in Los Borgias there's a scene where the badly wounded Alfonso tells Lucrezia that Cesare wants her all for himself. That speaks of jealousy. I think in The Borgias, you can see that in the scene where Cesare and Lucrezia are dancing and then you can see the look in Alfonso's eyes. I think he's pretty aware later on of what's going on between them.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

I don't want her to turn to Cesare because Alfonso doesn't want her.. he obviously wants her, they have sex in the first episodes.. so I am hoping that she says that for Cesare, maybe he says something about him and that's how she replies to it? I just hope this makes sense, and that these scenes are from eps 3-4 and something believable happens with Lucrezia to make her act like this.

Arinna, I remember that scene and the more I think about it, the more I believe The Borgias Alfonso will be similar in a certain extent to Los Borgias Alfonso.. but I think we didn't get to see Los Borgia Alfonso closer to Lucrezia, we only saw the jealousy side.. so I am sure Sebastian's Alfonso will be sweeter and tender with Lucrezia but still very suspicious and jealous.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

NewThread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread