Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Well, Elizabeth II's mother was a decendant of Henry IV. So I guess he has that going for himself.

She has quit the bar at Cisco's insistence. I know you don't like Iris but I do so I wasn't upset that she was given more responsibilities. Ultimately Cisco ran the lab, Iris was just coordinating things like HR would have done I guess. Yeah, I just can't Arrow bores me to tears and gosh that season opener of Legends of Tomorrow? It had nothing going for itself except Caity Lotz looking great. I think at this point I'm really over the whole superhero thing. I'll watch "Jessica Jones" when it airs and "Wonder Woman 2" when it hits the theatres and that's it.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-13-2017, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, and Iris having HR's job really makes no sense to me. Isn't she a reporter? But I'm not gonna go on about Iris. I don't like her, I don't think her character serves any purpose on this show other than an obligatory one, and I think the team and the show works better without her, but whatever. I'm not watching anymore.

I agree with you about Sara Lance. Right now she's owning Legends, but I still liked the premiere. I didn't have a problem with Arrow either. I was surprised that they're still doing the flashback thing even though they don't have any more backstory for Oliver, but they're instead flashing back to the aftermath of the explosion on Lian Yu. I was glad that Thea wasn't dead.

I have to admit it is fun tracing the post-Norman conquest line of the English monarchy from William I and the House of Normandy, to the House of Blois, to the House of Plantagenet(including the houses of York and Lancaster), to the House of Tudor, to the House of Stuart, to the House of Hanover, and finally the House of Windsor. But going back to the Anglo-Saxon lineage and the House of Wessex is a pain because things get really difficult.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm currently watching Arrow and it sucks so far.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I agree with you, Arinna. I couldn't make it through the premiere. All I wanted to know was whether Nyssa had made it. But apparently there was no answer to that anyway.

Legends is... I like Sarah, Mick and Professor Stein. Also their interactions to me are the most interesting ones. Everyone else is just window dressing and unfortunately I found all the villains so far really tedious.

Well, I do like watching "Vikings" and some aspects of "The Last Kingdom" are interesting though I cannot deny that the main character really bloody annoys me, especially with the way he treated his first wife.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-13-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually didn't mind the Arrow premiere. I think Katie Cassidy is having way more fun playing Black Siren Laurel than she did playing Black Canary Laurel. And I think they may have implied that Nyssa made it out, I just don't know about Talia. And also there's Gotham to consider. They're now beginning the Ra's al Ghul storyline on Gotham, so I have no idea how that's supposed to affect Arrow.

I agree, Sara, Mick, and Stein are all great on Legends. But Stein will be leaving the Legends this season because Victor Garber is leaving the show. I also like Ray Palmer to be honest. I just like Brandon Routh.

I never watched Vikings, but I heard it's really bloody. Makes Game of Thrones look tame.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

From what I read on the internet it was the other way around - fate of Nyssa is undetermined as she went to save Evelyn, whereas Talia made it out.

Are there actually going to be crossovers with Gotham and Arrow? I mean the shows are on two different networks and the timeline is weird-ish...

Gosh really? So without Victor Garber there is basically 33.3% less reason to watch this whole thing. How are they going to address the whole Firestorm thing then though? i mean they'll have to kill him and find somebody new and compatible for Jax. That's so sad.

Vikings is good. I don't think it has anything to do with GoT.

Old 10-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know about these changes, but I hope they make it good for the Legends.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Did they say that Talia survived? I didn't see anything about her in the premiere. They mentioned her, but Quentin and Dinah were unsure of whether or not she survived, and Slade didn't know what happened to Nyssa. But for some reason I think Evelyn didn't make it.

I don't think that there are gonna be any crossovers with Arrow and Gotham. Even though DC and WB own Batman, Gotham is still on Fox and I don't think they'd do that. Gotham's Ra's al Ghul storyline will be totally separate and closer to the one from the Batman comics. I wonder if young Bruce will meet Talia. "Beloved."

Yeah, Victor Garber is leaving Legends of Tomorrow this season, so I don't know what's gonna happen with Jackson and Firestorm. I'm assuming they'll do something to fix this situation. I think in the comics, Firestorm absorbed the consciousness of Martin Stein, but I have no idea what the show will do.

I know Vikings has nothing to do with GoT, Nina. I just meant in terms of the violence, it seems like Vikings outdoes GoT.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

No it doesn't. I mean there are some violent scenes there of course given the nature of the material but it's not gratuitous like I often find it on GoT.

I think adding Talia is another waste that annoys me. I do like Lexa Doig a lot but can't care about the character in this context.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 10-15-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, thanks, Arinna! I miss Cameron and Kirsten!

Oh, okay. Thanks, Nina! I wasn't sure.

Yeah, I also wish Arrow hadn't used Talia. While I also love Lexa Doig, I still see Talia as one of Bruce Wayne's great loves and allies, and the way she's represented here is just wrong.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I really didn't like how they used her as such a throw-away character. I mean okay, if they had at least played on the Talia and Nyssa sister relationship somehow but that's a problem due to the actresses' availability and then - if you're not a comic book fan and just the average 'Arrow' viewer you didn't even know that Nyssa had a sister until basically five minutes ago.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 10-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is that Walter and Paige from Scorpion, Arinna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Yeah, I really didn't like how they used her as such a throw-away character. I mean okay, if they had at least played on the Talia and Nyssa sister relationship somehow but that's a problem due to the actresses' availability and then - if you're not a comic book fan and just the average 'Arrow' viewer you didn't even know that Nyssa had a sister until basically five minutes ago.
Yeah, and if you're not a comic book fan and you're just an Arrow viewer, you have no idea of Talia's importance in DC mythology, being one of the great loves of Bruce Wayne and the mother of his child. You might think, "why did they give Nyssa a sister?" I think a lot of people who saw The Dark Knight Rises might remember Talia from there, but that was a poor adaptation. And yeah, the actresses' availability does get to be a problem. That's probably why Thea is in a coma right now, because Willa Holland isn't always available. But they really treated the mother of Oliver's son like a throwaway, didn't they?
Old 10-16-2017, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Also the "backstory" between Talia and Oliver they told in a matter of seconds... and then yeah, nobody who is just watching the show understands why on earth Nyssa now has a sister and why they are at odds with each other. They didn't even try to explain, or did they … except perhaps alluding to "father always liked you better" or something. It was so lacklustre.

And yes, Samantha was a complete throwaway and I don't really understand what for – it's not like we'll see much of Oliver being a parent, I don't think. That'll be a plot point for a few episodes until he decides "his life doesn't go well with child rearing and it's too dangerous" and then he'll send William away to live with relatives. I suppose the actress who played Samantha will be the next big bad on season 3 of "Shadowhunters" but then again, it's not like her role on "Arrow" was pivotal in the sense that she had to appear overly often.

I'm not sure if Willa isn't available as such or if she is just over it. It's not like they really give her good storylines. Otherwise it doesn't look like she has anything else lined up.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread