Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Introduction

Name: Natalie
Birthday March 3
Browsing yourtube videos C/L fan made videos caught my eye and I started watching the show to see what the fuss was about...Right now it's all I am watching and re-watching non-stop...and I have watched nearly everything what's on TV anywhere ..
My favorite character is Cesare
I, to my absolute horror, started shipping C/L!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Natalie

Horror? Well hopefully you've gotten over that now that you're among likeminded people Nothing horrific about a C/L ship here!

Happy posting!

Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 AM
New Fan

Hi, Natalie!
Welcome. It's really fun here.
Why horror? We're all proud borgiacest shippers here. You are among friends, no judgment, only love!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome Natalie

Join the club of folks absolutely obsessed with this show. And how can you be horrified? They are so lovely together.

I'm Christine and 99.9 % of the people here ship those two you are in good company.

Have fun posting here.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome Natalie! I hope you have fun posting on the board with us. Feel free to explore all the threads, we'd all love to chat with you!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Welcome Natalie and like the others said, no worries about shipping C/L. Most of us do.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

New Thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f367/cesare-.../#post69328016

Welcome, Natalie!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambinclouds (View Post)
Hi, Natalie!
Welcome. It's really fun here.
Why horror? We're all proud borgiacest shippers here. You are among friends, no judgment, only love!
Horror because it is incest and against my moral views but the problem is I cannot see them as a brother and sister...just two people in deep love! And although I judge incest generally, I cannot judge C/L and that's why I am among you - C/L shippers!

Thanks for welcoming me so warmly. Appreciate it so much!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Horror because it is incest and against my moral views
Here's the thing with ethics and incest – at least in my opinion. In everyday life I'd have an exceptionally hard time with this and it's beyond my grasp how you can view someone in a sexual manner that you grew up with. So when I see stories on "news magazines" about incest it's usually that the brother and sister only shared one parent and were separated at such a young age that they couldn't remember – I can see how you can not feel the sibling attachment then but can form another sort of relationship especially if you still don't know and that only comes out later because your family is so screwed up. So when i see this, I really feel for these people and pity their circumstances. Then in real life there is the other variety which is mostly found in parent (or other older relative)/child incest (but surely can be found in sibling incest too) which is not consensual. No matter if the child realises it at the time – children can't make decisions for themselves. So this is abuse and therefore the incest is repulsive. And I judge because the caregiver is taking advantage of someone who is too weak to go against it and probably too weak to realise when s/he is being manipulated and that is just disgusting. As is any form of abuse but here perhaps even a bit more because a child should be able to count on its parents.

Now – the Borgias: The way I see it it's (a) a fictionalisation and (b) what's most important (even if I couldn't understand the sentiment in real life) it is consensual. They are both old enough to make that decision, moral or not. So that's why I can say, fine, I can live with it in this context.

Perhaps that makes sense to you? Or maybe not...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

I completely agree Nina, that's why I can't stand parent/son or daughter incest. I just cannot, not even fictional. It seems wrong in every form and I just put it right there with rape.

But sibling-sibling incest, depends on the situation, I can obviously support and even get obsessed with

Welcome Natalie! Hope you enjoy the board, we don't judge, we ship proudly and if not, then we still respect everyone's opinions and enjoy the show as a whole
Old 05-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome Natalie!! look forward to chatting
Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hello, Natalie! I'm Alex! Welcome to The Borgias board! It's a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoy posting here! Thanks for posting your information. I'll add you to our list right now!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I completely agree Nina, that's why I can't stand parent/son or daughter incest. I just cannot, not even fictional. It seems wrong in every form and I just put it right there with rape.

But sibling-sibling incest, depends on the situation, I can obviously support and even get obsessed with
I'm okay with anything that is consensual but things where one person is significantly older than the other and the younger one is entrusted to their care – that can never be consensual. Even later when the child is an adult: It's in a child's nature to want to please the parent/authority figure, I think and in such a situation it is an exploitation of someone's weakness. That can never be consensual or okay. /rant

Old 05-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Name: Real name Trina
Birthday: 04/17/1991, if only a day later cause Lucrezia's is the 18
What made you a fan of the show? Well I watched Borgia first, then got interested in the history because of the finale and found out there was The Borgias, which I love, Borgia is second rate in my opinion and C/L hooked me
Who is your favorite character? Cesare...Lucrezia...C/L are one soul so both.
Who do you ship on the show? C/L
Anything else you would like to add
After watching first season of The Borgias I became obsessed and started a story on fanfiction and making youtube videos. I just recently found this forum.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 AM
New Fan

Hey, welcome Trina. Nice to have you here. I'm Tanya, I'm also really new. Hope you like it here. Analysing butts and stuff
Closed Thread   Post New Thread