Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

30 fans for our fave con men

Old 08-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Last night`s episode had the first crack in Neal and Mozzie`s relationship.

It wasn`t much of a surprise that Mozzie was upset about Neal`s actions, especially lying about the manifest. Moz in turn acted out by not telling him about his actions (i.e. selling one of the paintings and putting out the hit on Keller).

I`m really worried about the Cons. I hate that the guys are at odds in this crucial stage with the Suits closing in on them and Keller being on the loose. I hope that Neal can somehow mend fences with Mozzie, but i have a bad feeling on what could happen next, especially with Moz in a more ruthless state of mind.

Matt and Willie were really great in the last scene. I`m sure they had a hard time at first having to do the first scene where Neal and Mozzie are angry at each other. W

While i`m on the subject of the Cons, last night`s episode showed the differences in their personalities more than ever with Neal being cautious and calculating, while Mozzie is more ruthless and irrational.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really worried about the guys friendship right now after last night I don't really want to think of what is going to come.
You're right though the differences in the two guys character, Mozzie being unstable and Neal being careful, was very much apparent.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I felt so bad for Mozzie when he found out Neal lied to him about the manifest.

Everything got so messy. Everybody made mistakes along the way and it blew up in their faces.

And imo both Neal and Mozzie don't act rational atm.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the main problem with Neal and Mozzie this season is the fact that the con they are currently pulling was not planned at all. This is very different from their usual work. Mozzie and Neal went over every tiny little detail in their long con on Adler and so they were prepared for practically anything. Even their little 'everyday cons' are carefully planned and executed.
But this particular heist was so completely rushed in a 'heat of the moment' sort of way that they're not even sure how to proceed. I think this explains them being uncharacteristically 'sloppy' this season, as some people have been pointing out.

I mean first there was Mozzie quickly replacing the art with Neal's, not knowing for sure that Neal will in no way be implicated - Mistake
There was Mozzie not considering how Neal would feel about the whole thing and that perhaps Neal has given up on their idea of the big score - Mistake
I also think the fact that they knew nothing about the treasure initially and the lack of planning lead to them finding out a little too late that there was a manifest - Mistake

And now they are still struggling with constantly surfacing issues with the whole thing. Neal finds a quick, short term solution, and they still have no solid plan for the long term. The fact that this particular treasure is so high profile is obviously not helping at all. Keller found out about it and I'm sure other criminals are bound to sooner or later. What's Mozzie going to do? Have them all killed?
So I think I'm upset with Mozzie for being so impulsive when stealing the treasure in the first place, and I'm upset with Neal for not making up his mind. I get that it's a hard decision for him, that's the point of the show, but considering the situation, he needs a plan asap.

That being said, I did feel a little bad for Mozzie when he found out Neal lied. I may be upset with him for stealing the treasure and dumping it on Neal the way he did but I have yet to see him lie to Neal like that. Neal should just put his foot down and decide.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

You make some excellent points, especially with Neal and Mozzie being sloppy with their handling of the treasure.

I really hope that they can find a way to solve this situation with the treasure and get back on good terms.

Lastly here is a nice Neal/Mozzie gif from happier times.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the gif Rod I miss the guys and their friendship the way it was. I think this thread needs a reminder of how great the bond is between these two. I loved the hospital scenes in Burke's Seven.
I hope that they do find a way back to how they were, their friendship always been so wonderful.

IA with you Maria, the whole way Neal and Mozzie have handled the treasure situation is sloppy. They've always been so much more careful.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Guh it was heartbreaking to see Mozzie's face when he found out that Neal lied to him about the manifest. It's tough b/c in a way I can see where both of them are coming from and how they're both doing their best to look out for each other with Neal keeping a copy of the manifest and checking to see what they have that's on the list and Moz putting a price on Keller's head.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 08-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

I just realized I'm not on the list. May I please be added?

I've been a little frustrated/concerned with some of the things Mozzie has done this season but I would be devastated to see there friendship go south.

Icon by Fiona
Old 08-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added you Jamie.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome here Jamie

Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome Jamie.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 08-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this pic

Old 08-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the pic too. And their outfits couldn't be any more different.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love their very different styles and yet with their differences they are the best of buds