Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Total Fan

I CAN'T TELL HOW MUCH I LOVE THESE TWO

Okay, okay, I've just watched the second episode LOVELY scenes! Count me as another one who is happy that they kept the dialogue from the book

Well, I love the 2nd book most due to Arya/Gendry scenes and I was looking forward to seeing them on screen. And I'm far from being disappointed. I'm loving everything we got Please, let them be Queen and King one day, that's all I ask

"That's was unladylike"

Aga

Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

they are awesome!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

I loved their scenes this episode so much !

+
Old 04-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Total Fan

Wonderful arts

Aga

Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

heimweh, you've been added

Oh-oh, Joe just tweeted this. Oh god, what has he read?

Gendry was also trending during last night's airing so it seems that scene was one of the most talked about
Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Please add me. Love them.

WolfgangღKala
Old 04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

It was a pretty awesome set.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

He knows about us! And Gendry is getting more love from the fans, which is awesome.

I wonder how he feels though about being shipped with Arya, considering the age gap between him and Maisie.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for bringing over Joe's news He deserves all the love he gets

Aga

Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Extreme Fan

You're on the list pixiestyx

Karma, he says he's enjoying the feedback and is even joking around with "shipping" so i don't think he has a problem with it which is nice

Cant get enough of his laugh here
Old 04-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmabelle (View Post)
I watched half of the episode and I don't want to spoil anything, I'll just wait until Sunday to talk about it.

Anyway, after watching the first episode and the killing of the bastards, I've been wondering, why was Gendry the only one who got away? Someone obviously knew all of Robert's bastards where in danger, and made sure Gendry would be safe and far from King's Landing when something happened (I always thought it was Varys), but why not help Barra and the rest of the bastards, what makes Gendry special? Also, we know Robert has bastards spread all over the Seven Kingdoms, yet the Lannisters didn't search for them, but they still went after Gendry when he wasn't in King's Landing anymore. I don't know, just something I've been thinking.

But maybe I'm just looking too much into it.
I read a really good fan theory about why they think it was Varys who sent Gendry away. I'll try to find it.

There's another theory that Gendry is Cersei's black haired kid that she claims died... so maybe that could have something to do with why Varys sent him away. He would have the best claim to the throne. It would be useful for Varys to have a potential Baratheon heir to the throne in his arsenal.

I've been thinking after seeing the episode though that Ned might have sent Gendry to the wall. He was packing his entire family away so that they would be safe away from King's Landing when everything went down with Cersei. So I could see Ned shipping Gendry off too.

About all the lovely Arya/Gendry scenes OH they did not disappoint. I loved everything you guys have already highlighted and chatted about. I think my favorite things were Gendry's comments about her size (how can such a small person be such a large pain in my ass/you shouldn't insult people who are bigger than you). LOL! I also loved how vulnerable she looked when she admitted the truth to him. <3

I love how Gendry noticed how people questioning him died soon after, and that he trusted Arya enough to be open with her about it. The soft way she said "Lord Stark" was so heartbreaking. And Gendry's eyes when he realized that Lord Stark was her father.

I am Tyrion's Wench
Old 04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndLoveYelledNO (View Post)
You're on the list pixiestyx

Karma, he says he's enjoying the feedback and is even joking around with "shipping" so i don't think he has a problem with it which is nice

Cant get enough of his laugh here
Sorry I may sound stupid but what does "shipping" mean pertaining to Gendry/Arya? Can anybody help? Thanks!
Oh & it's sooo cool that Joe knows about us Gendry/his fans! Hurray!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I can't really remember if it's confirmed in the books that Varys had Gendry sent to The Wall but it's really the only thing that makes sense. Who else?

Quote:
There's another theory that Gendry is Cersei's black haired kid that she claims died... so maybe that could have something to do with why Varys sent him away. He would have the best claim to the throne. It would be useful for Varys to have a potential Baratheon heir to the throne in his arsenal.
On the show it could work, if you ignore Gendry's age, but very slim chance of it happening in the books where Cersei aborted the child she had with Robert.

Quote:
Sorry I may sound stupid but what does "shipping" mean pertaining to Gendry/Arya? Can anybody help? Thanks!
Hmm, well for me it means that I love their relationship as it is now and I hope that in the future, when they are both grown, it becomes romantic.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)
About all the lovely Arya/Gendry scenes OH they did not disappoint. I loved everything you guys have already highlighted and chatted about. I think my favorite things were Gendry's comments about her size (how can such a small person be such a large pain in my ass/you shouldn't insult people who are bigger than you). LOL! I also loved how vulnerable she looked when she admitted the truth to him. <3

I love how Gendry noticed how people questioning him died soon after, and that he trusted Arya enough to be open with her about it. The soft way she said "Lord Stark" was so heartbreaking. And Gendry's eyes when he realized that Lord Stark was her father.
I love it that they both trust each other now It's lovely to watch them becoming friends

Aga

Old 04-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

About that Gendry theory about him being Cersei's son, at first I wanted to believe it, but after reading the books, I realise it doesn't make sense, like AndLoveYelledNo says, Cersei actually had an abortion, and the child wasn't even born, there's also the fact that in the books it was Cersei who gave the order of killing the bastards, and Cersei would never kill one of her children, she loves them too much.
And of course there's (spoiler for AFFC)
Spoiler:

Of course, none of these things are in the show, so if the writers want to go for a big twist, they still could deviate from the books and make Gendry Cersei and Robert's son.