Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In my eyes that haircolour looks pretty similar to her haircolour throughout season 4.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

i dont think seh would go fully blonde and i agree that wouldnt really be her but yes her hair got lighter from season to season. oh well in season one she had short brown red her so i definitely prefer this look

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think she'd go fully blonde either. I mean I know she has been blonde in the past but I can't see that working for Beckett's character.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Uh, I saw people on tumblr are hating on For Lovers Only. Was I the only one who enjoyed that movie? I think it was so beautiful.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora (View Post)
Uh, I saw people on tumblr are hating on For Lovers Only. Was I the only one who enjoyed that movie? I think it was so beautiful.
Yeah, I saw those posts too... and I can assure you that you're not the only one who enjoys and loves the movie
BTW, it makes me scratch my head reading posts about how "unmoral" is the movie, 'cause so called "christian morality" is just a joke and hypocrisy...

To click => Tumblr Twitter Youtube Instagram
Old 07-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora (View Post)
You're not the only one Susi ,it's my favorite movie ever .i can watch it everyday and one day i was watching it with my friend and she love it ,too.I don't know how people can't love it ;(
Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

i havent seen it yet but i would love to see it

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen it either but I would love to.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kalliope and Diana.. thanks, glad you agree with me!

I could never hate something Stana was so passionate about.

Suz and Ash, you really need to watch that movie!!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I haven't read these tumblr posts, but I do have to say that people are entitled to express their feelings and/or opinions on films and it's okay to not like a film of hers and still be a fan. I don't particularly care for the Librarian or Stiletto or the Pit Fighter and don't care to be ridiculed because of it. (Susi, I know that wasn't what you were doing, I'm just speaking generally ) However, I do have to address the religious thing. I'm a Christian myself and consider myself a fairly moral person but I had NO problem with this film. Actually, I rather loved it for its honesty. Yes, they're doing something wrong & immoral and they both know it and grapple with it throughout the movie, but that does NOT make it a poor film! If anything, it makes it more genuine, challenging and engrossing. People are by nature, weak, and give into temptation. A clandestine affair is seductive and romantic and I feel the point of the film is to sweep you up w/ their emotions and be seduced along with them into the romance of it all. Obviously, they both made choices in their lives which probably weren't the wisest, but they'll muddle through as all of us do. I don't take issue with it and don't let my own personal morality get in the way of enjoying a film, even one with an immoral premise (heck I think those films are the most interesting & honest ). Perhaps because I understand we're all human and make mistakes, so who am I to judge? Anyway, enough said about that.
I don't really bother myself with things like an actress's hair color, they're free to dye it whatever color they want, however I CAN remark on my preference and that's definitely her S3 cut & look! She still looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see what kinds of transformations she goes through in S5!

Last edited by Talula78; 07-26-2012 at 03:28 PM
Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

i loved For Lovers Only. i think it's honest and true to how humans are. and honestly, the way the film is made doesn't made you think about the fact that they're having an affair until the end i don't think. if anything it makes you see two people who share a timeless love but never got the timing right. and the cinematography is just awesome. so is the soundtrack. i think people who stand on moral high ground when it comes to art are needlessly making things more difficult than they have to be. if you can't appreciate an artistic piece for what it is because you have such overwhelming beliefs, fine, but don't disparage others for enjoying it.

and that is my rant about tumblr's negative posts. lol
Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^gray (sorry, I forgot your name ).. yes, thank you!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Jen, I know her earlier movies aren't the best.. but her parts in them weren't THAT big. But I know she's still passionate about FLO.. (she tweeted about it a couple of times). And yeah, of course people can have different opinions.. but going on tumblr, saying to people who haven't seen the movie 'don't bother because it sucks' .. that's not cool, imo. Let them find out on their own if they like it or not.

Damn it, lucky dude!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

^ lol my name is Kate. in this thread that might be easier to remember lol.

hopefully that pic you just posted will calm ppl's **** about her hair being "blonde" because it's so clearly not!

i think people all need to remember that when an actor is just starting out they take basically any role they can get because they need to get enough credits for their SAG cards and they NEED the work to build their resume. even if a movie is crappy, if they do well in it then it still reflects well on them because people in the industry also recognize the struggle that actors who are just starting out go through. even struggling actors like to eat!

i would say FLO is the project that makes Stana the most proud, apart from Castle. it was a big role for her and it really is a work of art.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

i haven't watched that either..
but i wont force my opinions on others..because everyone is different and that's what makes life interesting
But i agree with what Jen said totally..
Old 07-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayk04 (View Post)
^ lol my name is Kate. in this thread that might be easier to remember lol.
YES, I will remember that now!

And I agree. Most actors have 'horrible' first movies.. of which they're embarrassed about if they get asked about them. But that's how it is. Everyone has to start out somewhere.