Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattinson's Pitbull (View Post)
awww thats annoying I'm sorry
When I first started late last year to finally read the Nikki books they were collecting dust. The last time it was checked out was 2011. But I noticed every time I checked out one another one would be checked. Thankfully there are two copies of each. But Raging Heat only has one and that one copy is being held hostage. I am itching to read it.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Murphy's Law and all that
Old 02-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattinson's Pitbull (View Post)
Murphy's Law and all that
Apparently.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Smh
Old 02-06-2015, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah the curse of libraries. That is one of the reasons I stopped using them.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Ah the curse of libraries. That is one of the reasons I stopped using them.
Since I don't have a full time job. I have no choice. I can't afford the hard copy price. So I have to settle for free. Who knew those books were that popular still.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah totally understandable.

Well I guess that's an upside right- unless the people who check them out only do so but don't ever read them so they take forever to return it
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah totally understandable.

Well I guess that's an upside right- unless the people who check them out only do so but don't ever read them so they take forever to return it
The library gives you three weeks to read it. Unless another person got it before me then they are really late.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh why can't I just go live in a book or turn myself into a character in a tv show or something? Anything is better than this job hunting crap. Applied at a local store (Best Buy) and that one didn't go through.

I know, I know, keep at it but it can be difficult when it raises your frustration.

My problem is that I have no job experience. I never worked while I was in school because I was stupid to think that I couldn't handle school and work at the same time (as it was I barely got out with a 2.4 GPA) but maybe had I done things differently I would have at least had job experience and maybe a lack in education.

Sorry I just needed to vent all that right now since my Best Buy application got rejected.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-07-2015, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ugh why can't I just go live in a book or turn myself into a character in a tv show or something? Anything is better than this job hunting crap. Applied at a local store (Best Buy) and that one didn't go through.

I know, I know, keep at it but it can be difficult when it raises your frustration.

My problem is that I have no job experience. I never worked while I was in school because I was stupid to think that I couldn't handle school and work at the same time (as it was I barely got out with a 2.4 GPA) but maybe had I done things differently I would have at least had job experience and maybe a lack in education.

Sorry I just needed to vent all that right now since my Best Buy application got rejected.
I was in the same situation as you. I focused on school and no job experience. But what I did was volunteer at my local public tv station and from that I got temp work from them. After that I just joined temp agencies and through that I was able to work. Try volunteering and see if you can get your foot in the door. At least it will give you something to do and it will also allow you to build contacts.

I am still looking after 9 months. I just got turned down again but I have no choice. I have to keep going.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^- Thank you.

How do you do it- how do you not let the frustration get to you?
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^- Thank you.

How do you do it- how do you not let the frustration get to you?
Believe me I get frustrated all the dang time. LOL! I just don't let it consume me and just keep it moving. I have to otherwise I would be depressed. It is constant battle to keep up and positive. But I know I have no choice. It is okay to yell and scream and cry but you can't spend too much time on that. Otherwise you will go crazy.

I just remembered I did have work study but unlike Alexis I got no pay check. It was part of tuition package. So I did work but it was like part of my school schedule but I made sure to put that on my resume and as well as my time as a volunteer. I did that for about a year and temped afterwards with them for a month before I moved where my sister lived. Once I got up here I temp and used my work study and volunteering on my resume until I finally got a full time job via temping.

Don't give up on temping. That is what got me my first full time job. That is the way to go if you don't have any work experience.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stupid RL keeps taking over last few days stuff with the Roomate and living situation sorry wasn't on
Old 02-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Hope

Caitlin, you never have to apologize. We know that things are crazy with your living situation ATM so we completely understand

~*~*~

Totally had a nerd moment with my parents a short while ago. We were watching Castle S6 'Limelight' and we saw the ending scene where Beckett talks about he newspaper article.

After the episode ended I smiled happily and said that Stana used her Lois Lane voice I then went on to explain that in Superman: Unbound Stana plays Lois and she has a distinct tone specifically used with Lois. I then went on to quote Beckett's "And I have to come to terms with that" since they were curious what line it was.

They just laughed and smiled both at me knowing the quote by memory and the fact that I can tell the certain pitch. And I don't just do that with Beckett but I have an act of being able to with others
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

No worries Caitlin real life is more important than the board. take care of yourself and come back when you can.

Ron what? I didn't even think of Lois Lane during that line. You learn something every day.