Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
How about this one?

Peeta is tugging at her heart & has become more to Katniss than ever before.

That way it doesn't count Gale out, I know some people are sensitive about the whole who she should be with thing.

I think Jennifer is correct about Peeta going through the Games with her. And doing the Capitol and dealing with the pressures. Only Peeta understands, well Haymitch understands too. But differently.

But I think Peeta is more to her because she can let her guard down with him. She can let go of all her walls and be safe in his embrace. Being around Peeta helps to keep the monsters at bay. She doesn't have to be the tough, strong, fierce head of her family with Peeta. She can just be Katniss, a teenage girl whose just trying to live her life and keep the people she loves alive.

Gale is her hunting partner and they respect each other. They trust each other to have their backs. And they even have fun together. But I don't think they ever really had moments when they let their guard down like she does with Peeta. With Peeta there are moments of calm, safety, and vulnerability.

Nothing against Gale, but I think Peeta gives Katniss the whole package. While Gale only gives her a part.
Very well said.