Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope they do!! If anyone, Suzanne knows how important it is.

I still want this quote to have meaning both in the novels and the movie:

To this day, I can never shake the connection between this boy, Peeta Mellark, and the bread that gave me hope, and the dandelion that reminded me that I was not doomed.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly! That quote explains it perfectly! Their connection is all about him giving her that bread. It's the starting point of their relationship. If they don't have that scene then Peeta is just another boy in the reaping, there's nothing special about their relationship.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 05-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree. The fact that they have never spoken, but Katniss never forgot about him because of that one single act, is just so important. It also explains her apprehension of having Peeta next to her in the Games.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the thread, Pam, love fades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)
Re-reading the quotes just takes you back to that moment doesn't it? They were written so well, so naturally and your heart just went out to them.
It really does. I honestly just go back to re-read the PK scenes in each book every once in a while and they get me every time. PK have it all, unconditional love, sacrifice, angst. They went through so much together.

I think I'll do a re-read of the whole series (if I have time anyway ) just before the first movie is out.

Spoiler:

soljae ♥
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Spoiler:
Old 05-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 05-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Old 05-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler:
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 05-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Old 05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Spoiler:
Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:

Okay, one peeve I've had for a while ... during that scene on the beach in CF, Katniss says that she realised there and then that only she would be damaged beyond repair if Peeta died. Which is one of my favourite moments ever, because she essentially realises finally how much Peeta means to her. So, when she says seemingly otherwise in Mockingjay ... when she's talking about the parellels between the Crazy Cat game and being temporarily distraught if Peeta did die but then being able to move on, that irked me. Because she was basically saying she would be devastated and mourn Peeta but would eventually move on.

Is my interpretation right?

soljae ♥
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Total Fan

Please can I be added to the shippers list
Old 06-01-2011, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-Skins (View Post)
Please can I be added to the shippers list
I've added you
Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
Okay, one peeve I've had for a while ... during that scene on the beach in CF, Katniss says that she realised there and then that only she would be damaged beyond repair if Peeta died. Which is one of my favourite moments ever, because she essentially realises finally how much Peeta means to her. So, when she says seemingly otherwise in Mockingjay ... when she's talking about the parellels between the Crazy Cat game and being temporarily distraught if Peeta did die but then being able to move on, that irked me. Because she was basically saying she would be devastated and mourn Peeta but would eventually move on.

Is my interpretation right?
Katniss's interpretation of her feelings are awful When she's given a chance to analyze them she usually over-analyzes it. See I found the beach moment one of the most pure and honest moments in their relationship - without the guilt, and the confusion, and the cameras stuck in their faces and life and death situations - that touched Katniss beyond measure and she spoke her mind in that moment without all those complications, it was genuine and true. I think it says everything that his kidnapping alone nearly broke her at the end of CF, that was not a girl who would recover, all throughout MJ when Peeta wasn't there ... she was not okay. Just the fact that he was alive would give her new energy and a will. She would go through the motions and she would be there for Prim but if Peeta was gone ... it wouldn't be something she could forget, it's something she would WANT to forget, but at that point he was so much a part of her life and her heart, she would never be able to let go.
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 06-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I need to re-read Mockingjay. I might see things differently but when I was reading it I was not thrilled with how Peeta and Katniss were handled for most of the book. I wanted more moments between them without Peeta having delusions and didn't she just let Gale kiss her in the woods? I really need to re-read the book. Also I would of liked her to pick Peeta on her own. I know she later says she would of picked him anyway because thats who she needed but I didn't like that she didn't actually choose Peeta over Gale and Gale was no longer an option because of his involvment with the bomb not because Katniss told his she picked Peeta. And Gale went away and Peeta was the one who stayed and wouldn't leave. I was happy with the ending but I would of liked it to be more Katniss choice instead of the outcomes of events having a major role in deciding.