Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Total Fan

I can imagine them making the movie as PG13 as they can get. Hopefully we get at least more than one kiss scene. I would be so upset if we dont get more than one.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree with haydengirl. I think the only kissing they'll keep in CF is the beach scene. The rest of the kisses in the book were insignificant, for lack of a better word. It was just Katniss and Peeta playing the game, which we already saw in THG.

I do wonder how big a part they'll allow the "romance" to play in movies overall. They really downplayed things in THG in favor of focusing on the bigger picture - The Rebellion. I will be disappointed but not at all surprised if most of CF and MJ focus is on the uprising and war with very little focus on Katniss and Peeta's budding relationship.

Experience the Legacy
Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

I wouldn't be surprised either

Their budding relationship really does play an important part in Mockingjay though. Katniss' struggles with the rebellion and not being able to cope and continue while the Capitol hold Peeta captive is very important. In particular with what Snow is doing - trying to break Katniss.

So I'm hoping they don't try and cut too much of their development out you know? I get they have to cut things as the movies can't include everything but lets hope they don't feel the need to exclude the important parts.

I guess having Mockingjay split into two movies will help. I'm more worried about CF. I feel there is a huge development in the PK relationship in that book and if they don't really show their growing relationship I'm afraid Mockingjay won't really make sense

Sorry about the rant peeps haha

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
i guess having mockingjay split into two movies will help. I'm more worried about cf. I feel there is a huge development in the pk relationship in that book and if they don't really show their growing relationship i'm afraid mockingjay won't really make sense
this ^^^^^^

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 01-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I was more hoping they split up CF since there seems to more going on through that book than MJ.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah me too

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah I'm the same way. CF is such a dense book and has about a million things going on, it would have made more sense to split that one. And as you guys already mentioned, a lot of PK is important in that one so there would have been less worry about them cutting significant scenes.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Master Fan

Glad you guys agree

I'm not one of those people who get really annoyed when movies differ from the book (I'm actually more of a movie person myself - depends hehe) but I do worry that they will chop a fair bit of CF up (which is understandable) but they can't afford to cut too many PK moments as it is important for MJ!

They may surprise us. I guess we will have to wait and see

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Good points about CF being two parts. In the book we got a lot of insight into why the the Rebellion was immenient. The growth of K/P's relationship and the Quarter Quell. It was quite a lot where as MJ mostly consisted of them hiding out in D13 with K/G venturing out a couple of times before the final anticlimactic battle and then Coin's assassination. There is a lot more going on in CF.

So question for the thread, if CF was shot in two parts, how would you split it up?

I think I'd end Part 1 right as the Quarter Quell is announced and P/K learn they're going back in the arena.

Experience the Legacy
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Oh that's a hard one. I like the idea of ending Part 1 when the QQ is announced. Good lead up to Part 2 being all actioned packed.

I wonder if ending it there would leave Part 1 to be less eventful though?

It would be so hard trying to decide where to split CF up. Wow what a good question you ask!! It would make the most sense to split it there though

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Old 01-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I can see them spliting it when the QQ is announced to built up suspense and I guess if they do that they could it up so people would be wondering about it.

x
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

So so pretty!!!

They are just so... ahhhh!

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just hope they keep enough scenes to show PK development and getting closer, specially Katniss showing she really love Peeta.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Master Fan

^^ that's all I want!

You can't just jam it all into MJ. They need to start showing the development and Katniss' feelings in CF. They need to make MJ believable. It would be just too confusing for people who haven't read the books.

♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

That's true or else people would think they are playing for the cameras again if they don't explain it.