Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

It is
Old 10-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Elizabeth Banks of PSH:

Quote:
I just met Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and that was like, “Wow, we’ve got some really amazing actors joining us! That’s crazy!” It’s great. I’m super excited. I love Effie so much.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

That's a sweet quote from Elizabeth.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

PSH on the series:

Quote:
Currently shooting Anton Corbijn’s political thriller A Most Wanted Man, he already has musician tale A Late Quartet in the can and there’s talk he will direct again – a supernatural drama called Ezekiel Moss. But, most intriguingly, he’s about to star in Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games. Based on the hit books by Suzanne Collins, in which teenagers in a totalitarian society are forced to fight to the death for mass entertainment, Hoffman will play Plutarch Heavensbee, the politically astute head gamemaker, who organises the tournament.

“I wasn’t aware of the books until the film came out and people made me aware of them,” he says. “I’m in the middle of reading the last one now; they’re very special.

“She’s written these books for teenagers about fascism and they overthrow fascism, and then what overthrows fascism is as bad as the fascist government. It’s so smart.” Does he think teens get the political subtext? “I can’t see how they couldn’t. She’s very clear.” So does this mean he’s about to become a teen idol? “I don’t think that will happen!” And he smiles – a rare ray of sunshine across a cloudy face.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...y-8227235.html
Old 10-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

PSH on the series:

Quote:
Currently shooting Anton Corbijn’s political thriller A Most Wanted Man, he already has musician tale A Late Quartet in the can and there’s talk he will direct again – a supernatural drama called Ezekiel Moss. But, most intriguingly, he’s about to star in Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games. Based on the hit books by Suzanne Collins, in which teenagers in a totalitarian society are forced to fight to the death for mass entertainment, Hoffman will play Plutarch Heavensbee, the politically astute head gamemaker, who organises the tournament.

“I wasn’t aware of the books until the film came out and people made me aware of them,” he says. “I’m in the middle of reading the last one now; they’re very special.

“She’s written these books for teenagers about fascism and they overthrow fascism, and then what overthrows fascism is as bad as the fascist government. It’s so smart.” Does he think teens get the political subtext? “I can’t see how they couldn’t. She’s very clear.” So does this mean he’s about to become a teen idol? “I don’t think that will happen!” And he smiles – a rare ray of sunshine across a cloudy face.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

PSH on the series:

Quote:

Old 10-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Extreme Fan

He is awesome!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I agree