Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Absolute Fan

Agreed, she looks fierce and powerful in that poster. But honestly, that wasn't Katniss' attitude in the second half of MJ at all, which is why I think it's not resonating with me. She was determined to kill Snow, yes, but she fully expected (and sort of wanted) to die afterwards as a result. And don't even get me started on the hollow shell she was when the time actually came for her to execute him...I guess that's why I'm not connecting with it. She would never think of or even want to sit on his throne.

But all that said, I get why they did this from a promotional standpoint. They don't want to show some broken version of the main character.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I think it's sad that we may never truly see Katniss truly broken because that doesn't a Hollywood heroine make. People who have never read the books have no idea or interest in the real Katniss, the girl who just wanted to save her sister and was literally pushed and manipulated by Snow, D13 and Panem to be their saviour.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Loyal Fan

True, I doubt they will ever show how much broken she is once the war will be over.
That poster is just for the sake of promotion (and I like it for what it is), they needed to portray a kickass heroine ignoring all her inner stories and emotions, because if they followed that path, they should have showed us a broken girl hiding in a tunnel or something.
So what you're saying it's true. She was not like that. Especially not during MJ1 when she was nothing but empty and lost. MJ2 will be better, she will be willing to fight and she will have more strength, and I think that this is what they wanted to communicate with that image: A stronger Katniss ready to defeat her enemies.
They wanted to share some fighting vibes even if the mood is not correct.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Extreme Fan

It's a very beautiful poster and very striking when you look at it side by side with the MJ1 Snow poster, where he's sitting on the chair and the later poster where his statue lies half broken on the floor. I totally get the message, even if the red suit made me o_O a bit when I first heard about it.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, the red suit kind of came from nowhere. We probably won't ever even see her wearing it in the movie, unless she's shown filming a propo in it. I think the poster would've looked more powerful with her black suit, but what do I know?
Old 07-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought about it too. Maybe she will wear the red suit in one of D13 propo, and the all "katniss defeating Snow sitting in his chair" thing would make even more sense.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah maybe...like I said, I get it from a promotional angle. She looks awesome. But as a book reader, it doesn't translate. So while I'm not in love with it, I'm not hating it either. It's an easy one to let go. In my opinion, the character posters from yesterday are far superior.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I see it like one of those "message from the capitol" from last year promos, so it's like a poster D13 would release to promote their actions rather than an actual movie poster. To me that photo is a message from D13, as like we were citizen of Panem (just like they did last year with Snow's videos).
Old 07-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo752 (View Post)
True, I doubt they will ever show how much broken she is once the war will be over.
That poster is just for the sake of promotion (and I like it for what it is), they needed to portray a kickass heroine ignoring all her inner stories and emotions, because if they followed that path, they should have showed us a broken girl hiding in a tunnel or something.
So what you're saying it's true. She was not like that. Especially not during MJ1 when she was nothing but empty and lost. MJ2 will be better, she will be willing to fight and she will have more strength, and I think that this is what they wanted to communicate with that image: A stronger Katniss ready to defeat her enemies.
They wanted to share some fighting vibes even if the mood is not correct.
Which I'm so disappointing w/ the movie bec I doubt that they will show since I will tag in spoiler tags..

Spoiler:

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-09-2015, 01:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by Echo752; 07-09-2015 at 06:25 AM
Old 07-09-2015, 02:18 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree.
Spoiler:
It's a happy ending that is much more reality based than typical Hollywood and it makes MJ one of my favourite books to have read in a while because I'm more invested in it than if it had been sugarcoated and made fluffy just so they could have a traditional "happy ever after".
Old 07-09-2015, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the poster only because they are using the same throne from previous posters, a throne previously occupied by Snow...so I guess the sole purpose is to show us that there is a power-struggle now. Even though we know it's not really like that. Also, I like the red suit but hope it's not in the movie. Not sure why it's red, but I think it looks cool

Spoiler:

Old 07-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Total Fan

Hey!

I really like the new poster...I think it´s cool....

And I agree on the book...I did loved the end of it....how it was done!

BYE
LOVE
Old 07-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes I think the red suit is made only for the sake ofD13 propos, I don't think we will ever see her wearing it, like we didn't see Johanna wearing her white dresses in MJ1 (the one from the messages from The Capitol).
A lot of people dislikes this red version of her uniform, but I think it's pretty cool (considering it just as promotional of course).

Spoiler:
Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Not sure if anyones already posted this or not but...

Steph | tumblr