Communications Team

The ads look great!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
On on-set pranks:

“One day,” he says, “I was totally sweaty and exhausted after a day of fighting, and I walked into my trailer. I’d already taken off my costume, so I was just in my briefs, and I couldn’t find my clothes anywhere! Amandla [Stenberg], who plays Rue, and Jackie [Emerson], who plays Foxface, had hidden them in the fridge.”

On playing Cato (after originally auditioning for Peeta):

But when the film’s director, Gary Ross, asked him to consider playing the heavy, he agreed without hesitation. “I’ve never been a bad guy before,” he explains, “so I loved the idea.” Then he says one thing that his brutish character might agree with: “It’s been an honor just to be a part of this.”
Alexander Ludwig Talks On-Set Pranks & Playing Cato in Teen Vogue | The Hob

Quote:
Lenny Kravitz will be performing three songs for the Daytona 500 Pre-Race Show on February 26. Below is the press release from NASCAR.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Recording artist Lenny Kravitz, who has sold more than 35 million albums and is the only musician in history to win the Grammy for best male vocals in rock music four times consecutively, will perform the Daytona 500 Pre-Race Show, which begins at noon ET on Feb. 26.

All race fans that purchase a Pre-Race/Sprint FanZone access pass for the Daytona 500 will be able to view Kravitz’s concert, which will include three songs, as well as driver introductions, from the grass tri-oval area.

“Lenny Kravitz is an iconic performer and multi-talented musician — he will deliver a rousing performance prior to the start of the 54th Daytona 500,” Daytona International Speedway president Joie Chitwood III said. “Race fans will experience a first-class, heart-pounding pre-race show that will serve as the perfect prelude to what will be an historic and thrilling afternoon of NASCAR racing on the high banks of Daytona.”

Kravitz’s ninth album, Black and White America, was released in 2011 and features a mixture of funk and hard rock hits like Stand, Rock Star City Life and his anthemic new single, Push. Fresh off a massive European tour, Kravitz recently kicked off his first American outing in five years in January. The 20-city tour will wrap up in Miami on Feb. 25. In addition to his live shows, Kravitz also is set to appear as “Cinna” in the highly anticipated motion picture The Hunger Games, which will hit theaters March 23.
Lenny Kravitz to Perform Daytona 500 Pre-Race Show | The Hob

Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a good prank.

Some set pictures:

source

Last edited by water lilies; 02-09-2012 at 03:34 PM
Old 02-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for posting those.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gary on set:

Dandelion In The Spring
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im guessing that is Foxface/Jackie on the right and Clove/Isabelle on the left.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, there's a 2 and 5 on their shirts.
Quote:
Feb 9 2012 6:53 AM EST 2,071
'Hunger Games' Won't Be Narrated By Katniss
Director Gary Ross tells MTV News the first-person perspective will be shown 'cinematically,' not through voice-over.

By Kara Warner (@karawarner)

For our fellow "Hunger Games" fans who are following each and every detail released about the upcoming big-screen adaptation, one of the key questions is how the filmmakers will address the fact that a large amount of the story is told via Katniss' inner monologue. Will we be hearing Jennifer Lawrence narrate throughout the film via voice-over or will we see the action from multiple characters' perspectives?

Today is our lucky day, because we have an answer straight from director Gary Ross himself, who told MTV News recently that after much careful consideration he is not using any voice-over.

"I'm not using voice-over for her. This thing is all from Katniss' perspective," he said of the story. "It is a first-person point of view. How do we put the viewer immediately and urgently in that experience they had when they read the book and they're in Katniss Everdeen's shoes? A lot of that is done cinematically. I spent a lot of time wondering and thinking about at the beginning of this process, 'What does it really mean to be in the character's point of view cinematically?' I looked at a lot of really interesting references for that, but it comes down to: You don't know more than the character knows."

Ross said we will be experiencing everything from Katniss' perspective; we just won't be hearing her talk us through it.

"You wonder about what she's wondering about, you worry about what she's worrying about," he explained. "You don't know things she doesn't know, and as such, you wander and experience things through her eyes, so that's the first job: How do we make people feel they're walking in Katniss' shoes and encountering the same obstacles and challenges she is?" he said. "A lot is done cinematically and a lot is having someone as good as Jen Lawrence."

The "Pleasantville" and "Seabiscuit" helmer was cagey when asked about the specific look and style of the film but did promise they did everything they could to make things as realistic and believable as possible.

"I don't want to start giving specific scenes away, I know you understand that. I will say movies can do a lot in imagery where you can assimilate at lot of the world there pretty quickly," he said when asked how much backstory he felt he needed to include or whether he'll just jump right into the story at the start of the film. "The trick there is to make the world as real and as specific as it was when you read the book, be very precise about the production design and what this world looks like, and I think we've created a pretty vivid world."
Videos:

Part 1
Old 02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow there is 5 parts. i only thought there was 2.

Anyway, I'm assuming the tall thin black girl is the personal trainer, but I cant remember if there was one in the book.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. Atala, is her name, I think.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

the name doesnt sound familiar.

But it kind of sounded like there was multiple trainers in CF, because I think Katniss mentioning something along the lines one of the trainers remembered her

Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well each section had their own trainer, but Atala was in charge and overseeing the whole training center.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

that makes sense.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for all the news
Old 02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This character smokes a lot. Your next character, Haymitch in “The Hunger Games” drinks a lot.

The drinker, that’s a horrible way to put it. I guess he does like a little bit of drink though.

But they are both addicted to substances. What was it like to enter the dystopian world of “The Hunger Games?”

It was really cool man. Gary Ross, that guy is a freaking genius and I think that he created this world, the world that my character Haymitch was in was in the capital, I wasn’t out there in the games. But that world was just staggering in its depth of its imagination. It’s incredible man. Everything was so different from the world we know, so its really a completely fantasized world.
Woody Harrelson: Gary Ross is a ‘Freaking Genius’ | The Hob