Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond! Update: Board Closure

We have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

When I thought about closing this board back in June when our post counts were low I felt quite terrible because of those who campaigned for it and kept the board going for years but it's been really difficult posting the passed few months because I work and study at the same time. I've been popping in whenever I can but I've only been able to bump up the games threads recently to keep the board active and I think the board deserves better than that. I've also considered stepping down and getting new moderators but there wasn't any interest the last time a moderator position opened up which is why closure seems like the best idea. However if there is anybody else who would like to step up as a moderator to keep the board open that would be great.

Thanks.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 09-14-2015 at 12:31 AM
Old 09-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Moderator Manager

Ohh I'm so sorry to hear about this. But it's understandable... it's hard to keep a board active when there isn't enough regular posters.
I love Candice! And used to post here frequently, but since I've stopped watching TVD, there hasn't been much for me talk about her.

I hope that with this thread, poster show interest and come up to keep this board open
Old 09-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw. Even though I had a feeling that this question could come up one day soon, it still hurts my heart to see that it's being considered now, that it's now a real possiblity. I've kind of been in the same boat as Si, except I plan to catch up on TVD after I've caught up on season two of TO. It's just been terrible timing that has kept me away from this board and from the show for pretty much a whole year. I've tried posting here as much as I could for the last month or so, but it's been mostly in the games thread, because I really don't know what happened to Caroline in season six. I would happily post about Caroline once I've caught up, but I have a feeling it's going to be too little too late.

I know how tough it is to keep a board active when there aren't too many regular posters. I've been wracking my brain, trying to come up with something that could attact a few more regulars to the board, but I haven't come up with anything yet. This board is one of the few boards that I still post at. I don't want to lose it, but I guess that's not up to me. I hope some ideas can be brought up to keep this board going.

Last edited by rocky845; 09-08-2015 at 03:52 PM
Old 09-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

This is a very tough decision and I feel terrible that things came down to this, but our post counts haven't been the same and I don't have time/energy to post here as much as I used to. And I too have thought about simply stepping down and letting someone else take the position, but as Tee said, last time we had an opening no one but her showed any interest and I didn't want to leave her modding alone (which I did end up doing many times anyway, I'm so sorry, Tee, you've been a great mod ). I've been posting in this board since I first joined FanForum and it's responsible for great times and great friends, I still love this place and I love Candice, but I don't watch TVD anymore and she hasn't been in any other projects lately, so it's hard for us to do any real discussions and we feel like the things said here could easily be said in just one thread at the TVD board. I wish things could have been different and if anyone is willing to commit to this board as to not let it die, please do it, it's a great place and it will have a place in my heart. But sadly, this is the end of the road for me and I just wanted to thank everyone who posted in here with me and apologize to all the people who campaigned for this board for not being able to keep it alive. I feel like I failed somehow and it sucks, but sometimes you just have to accept failure.

Anyway, I loved my time in here very much, both as a moderator and a poster. And I'll truly miss it.

Thank you and I'm sorry.

» Bella
Old 09-09-2015, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Bella No need to apologize I might have been posting more in recent weeks but like I said it's mainly the games threads. You've been a great co-mod I don't think I've kept the board completely updated with Candice's latest pics etc but since the board has been pretty dead I don't think anyone minded Unless there are guests popping in. There's a great twitter account @CandiceUpdate that has everything Candice related and it's so easy because everything is in one place. Just scroll. No need to enter threads I was thinking of trying to convince twitter Candice/Caroline fans to come over here but I think most people prefer twitter. Twitter is more active and I think forums are starting to die down. I remember when I first joined the boards were so active that I couldn't keep up Now in the past few weeks I've had 3 of the boards I like close but I really think it's for the best.

Rocky If you do catch up on TVD we still have the TVD board and tons of shipping threads for Caroline around so we can still appreciate her. I've actually joined a Whatsapp Steroline group a while back so I don't even have to go online to catch up with spoilers etc. It makes my life so much easier I just ask for a quick update.

Si The same thing happened with me and TO since I stopped watching. I haven't posted in any TO related threads because I don't know what's going on with the show/characters.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry to hear this! But I understand where you guys are coming from, and I'm sure you did everything you could!
Bella, don't blame yourself, TVD turned into a complete crap, so I get why you would lose enthusiasm about the board, especially since there aren't any regular posters besides you and your co-mod. There is only so much you can do after a while
And those people that campaigned for the board should've stuck around and post
Old 09-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Moderator Manager

You girls did an amazing work! It's really tough to keep a board going when there aren't many regular posters anymore.
To be fair, this isn't a new board, so most of the people that campaigned must be feeling exactly like us towards the show that Candice is in, we all liked TVD/Caroline in a time, but the show went in a direction. The compromise of campaigns should be towards new boards, who sometimes don't even last the trial period. This board exists about 4 years if I'm not mistaken, and the fact that Candice is not involved in many projects apart from TVD makes it hard to attract more regulars.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Thank you everyone for the support and understanding.

Tee, I'll check out that Twitter whenever I need news on Candice and I agree about interest on Forums dying down, people these days prefer going to Twitter and Tumblr to talk about shows/celebrities.

Diana, thank you and I'm sorry about Skins.

Si, thank you too, and yeah, they probably are. I just can't help it.

» Bella
Old 09-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a curse of so many boards And I hate that forums decline in their popularity. I love them! They are so much better than Twitter or tumblr. It shouldn't be like this!
Old 09-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry to hear about this, but completely understand. I think it's really hard to keep an actor's board open when they're only really focusing on one thing and that one thing is complete crap . You guys have done an amazing job modding this board and if there are any interested people out there I hope they come forward to apply. Maybe posting about the possible closure on TVD board/TVD spoiler thread might garner some interest? Either way you guys are rock stars for doing all that you do and no need to feel bad for wanting to go out on a high note instead of a forced shut down.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG just when I was about to come over because I haven't been her in ages and decidided to come over more regularly again becasue I miss Candice I see this

I'd love if there was a way to keep the board open, because I've only felt it was a nice place to post, but I can also understand how hard it sometimes can be to keep the post count up

Do you think the post count could be better once the show is back up on the screens? Maybe try for two more months or something like that?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 09-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacrown (View Post)
It's a curse of so many boards And I hate that forums decline in their popularity. I love them! They are so much better than Twitter or tumblr. It shouldn't be like this!
I like the formats of forums and chatrooms. It's like having a face to face convo. Tumblr is like talking to somebody in another room because it's harder to navigate I mainly just reblog pretty stuff. And twitter irritates me because of the character limit so you can't express yourself properly. And the lack of an edit option so you can't fix your typos It's so annoying but I'm starting to get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
OMG just when I was about to come over because I haven't been her in ages and decidided to come over more regularly again becasue I miss Candice I see this I'd love if there was a way to keep the board open, because I've only felt it was a nice place to post, but I can also understand how hard it sometimes can be to keep the post count up Do you think the post count could be better once the show is back up on the screens? Maybe try for two more months or something like that?
The show returning won't make a difference because like the other posters in this thread have stated the interest in TVD has died down. I still watch and when I want to discuss the show I post on the TVD and Couples boards.

I've seen a lot of boards in recent months put up closure notices and then try stay active for a while longer and all of them eventually had to close. And we've had two bad months where we almost got a low post warning which I'd like to avoid. So I feel it would be prolonging the inevitable if we tried to keep going for a while longer. The lack of traffic is not a recent issue. The reason I started posting on this board last year was because of that. And the worst thing would be a forced closure.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 09-10-2015 at 09:45 AM
Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Kara, thanks.

I prefer forums over tumblr/twitter too, mostly because I have no idea how to talk to people in either of those. But as I'm short on time lately, tumblr is a lot easier to use as I mainly reblog stuff and now that I have most of my online friends on whatsapp I don't even need a computer to talk to them.

And no, I don't think waiting for the show to come back will help the counts as the board was already lacking traffic back then, the counts were just higher because me and Tee had more time to come here. I've thought about the possibility of waiting for the show, but I really don't think it would make a difference, people just aren't interested in TVD anymore.

» Bella
Old 09-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow I know its been awhile for me from posting, but that is mainly because the show went into another direction that even Candice couldnt keep me from watching it.

I think do whatever you feel is the right choices for you all.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm.. I've always thought that people are still in love with TVD.. I prefer posting on not that active boards.. but it seems like you've already made your descision anyway

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©