Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
New Fan

Yes it woulb be cool if Sally can't touch them (especially Josh )
Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I'm still not clear on why she could touch at the end of season 1, but can't anymore...maybe they'll explain it more in S3.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
I'm still not clear on why she could touch at the end of season 1, but can't anymore...maybe they'll explain it more in S3.
Yea. wasnt she able to touch when she met Ray?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Addicted Fan

idk. i always thought that she could touch like household items just not actual people. maybe it will change in s3
Old 07-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

^ She touched aidan in the season 1 finale
Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh Ya. Well hopefully she'll be able to in season 3
Old 07-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, they never really explained that. Maybe it had something to do with her emotional state at that time.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootsprincess02 (View Post)
Yea. wasnt she able to touch when she met Ray?
BARELY. Earlier in the same episode she accidentally knocked a wine glass off the counter at Danny's place without realizing that she was going to do it. After she explained this to Ray he probably told her that it was a thing she could learn. Much like how the bum on the train taught Patrick Swayze in 'Ghost'.

Her ability to touch objects though does not get stronger until the end of the season when she passes up her door. Remember Aidan says this caused her to become more "tethered to the earth".

Earlier Tony taught her how to touch people but it's very tricky because the other person needs to be open to it/to want it. Very very hard when the person can't even see you which is most of the time in Sally's case.

So touching objects becomes easier for her in season two, but touching people remains to be very tricky.

I really don't see much between Sally and Josh personally. He always seems to criticize her and point out the negative aspects of her being a ghost. When the guys first met her he was already rude as hell trying to get her to leave.
Lol Aidan's line "I wish I could say it's a blood sugar thing but Josh is always rude". You can say that again Aidan. He criticizes both of them really, he hardly ever gives Aidan any credit nor the benefit of the doubt. Yet when he screws up he throws himself a pity party.

I believe it's Aidan she has more of a connection with. He's like her big brother that she looks to when she's in trouble and/or needs advice. And he is always looking out for her and wants what is best for her. Josh never does that. I was sad to see that go in season 2, I hope season 3 brings back that connection between Sally and Aidan. And I really hope Josh can learn to lighten up but I doubt it. He's one of those never changes people.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the clarification.

Not that your post was disrespectful it's just that this is the josh and Sally appreciation thread so we need to stick to them as a topic
Old 08-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Um I beg your pardon, yes Sally touching has nothing to do with her and Josh(although I assumed someone had wished Sally would touch Josh or something of the kind) but I did not start that discussion, I count at least three posts regarding it above me? I was only trying to answer the discussion.

Then I proceeded to explain that I personally feel nothing between Sally and Josh and why.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 08-01-2012 at 12:14 PM
Old 08-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Dp

Last edited by juju_b; 08-01-2012 at 06:19 PM
Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireDoomsday (View Post)
Then I proceeded to explain that I personally feel nothing between Sally and Josh and why.
and that's the part I meant needed to stay on topic. You can ship whom ever but you have to respect their said thread. And the poster who post here. And like I said you weren't exactly disrespectful but to say josh is mean and a whiner and will never change can be upsetting to some people. It's the appreciation thread we can talk about all three of them in their thread or just about Aidan and Sally in their thread.

And sorry if this comes off as me being a biatch not trying to be but I just had to say it
Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Ok well I was expression my opinion in what I consider a very civil and non personal manner. I never said or implied sally/Josh shipping to be idiotic or something like that which directly bashes one's thoughts. I am sorry if I am wrong, I am kid of socially unskilled particularly online and have been in situations where what sounds very polite to me is in fact seen as quite rude.

I am sorry if you misunderstood something(and believe me this is no surprise, it happens often with me) but I did not call Josh a whiner. I only said he criticizes the other two characters(mostly Sally since that is the topic) a lot and can be rude which is pretty clearly not untrue. Then I was comparing his relationship with Sally to Aidan's but was sure to keep the Aidan/Sally part to a minimum since I am not in the proper topic for it. So I was talking about Sally and Josh even though it was negative. Again I apologize though, I did not realize that apparently negative opinions are frowned upon here.

I was actually only trying to support the board because everyone else was absent the past couple of days. Apparently a few of us were blocked from the site because it was flagged as malicious. I was trying to honor what I said and make a post even if the topics I am active in have no new posts.

Not to disrespect your concern, I understand and won't go any further with my negative Josh comments but what we are talking about here is a fictional character. So I don't see how that can hurt anyone. To take an insult of a fictional character so personally as to be offended by it I am sorry to say I feel is over sensitive and unnecessary. I happen to have a friend who does this and my best friend and I have told her this same thing. It's just fiction.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 08-01-2012 at 07:18 PM
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm not upset over what you said. I'm not invested in these characters like there real people but being the appreciation thread we have to keep it to josh and Sally cannon and non cannon. And by upset I don't mean like cry in the corner but it's rude to disrespect ones ship in their own thread.

I'm glad you're posting in more threads because we need more help. We can't let the board be taken down.