Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know at first i was wondering about it and now i'm like crying because this is so much
Old 11-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep within me (View Post)
Yep. That day when I first found out, I immediately thought of going there but you guys held me back so I am grateful for that. That's sad for her that she got it even worst.
Same

Yeah I remember seeing that tattoo and thinking it was for him, especially cuz there was an article about her getting a tattoo in honour of him.

It should put all those thoughts that Lea didn't care about Cory or isn't grieving to rest. I mean she got something permanent on her body to remember him by. I know Lea's actions are a bit weird since his death, I mean going back to work so quickly and back to promoting herself and projects and some would say she's milking his death (I'm not innocent in this, I've had these thoughts too), which is contradictory now I realize. Because when people or I suggest that because she's not talking about him enough, she's moved on, and then when she does, she gets bashed for milking his death. The way I see it is that she had to talk about the tracks on her album at some point and what they're about. Every artist does that. Is it going to make people more interested in buying her album to hear those songs about Cory? Yes. There's no denying that interest in Lea has grown so much after Cory's death, her 2.5 million + followers she gained after his death are proof of that. But atleast she's talking about this now and not like a couple days before the release of her album. She has to talk about it anyways. I believe it'd be worse if she was talking about private stuff about him like his addiction issues. That would be milking his death for publicity. But this is general sweet things about him, everyone expects.

I think sometimes people, me included, don't even understand how hard it is to be in her shoes. Because if she talks about him, she's seen as milking his death, if she doesn't, she's seen as moving on or a cold bitch. She's tried to handle both sides of views pretty well. Sometimes to us it looks weird to see her so focussed on her work, tweeting about Glee, or her magazines. I know I've had moments where I've kinda been disgusted by that, I'll honestly admit that. But I think after this interview, I get it. Lea has always had a strong work ethic and is extremely passionate about her work and loves the Hollywood lifestyle. She loves to live it and to promote. She's always been that person. Nothing wrong with it. I don't prefer it, which is why I liked Cory more as a person because he hated that lifestyle and promotion. I ultimately think thats why he couldn't handle the lifestyle and it got even worse for him with their relationship and public interest growing, and that could have had a factor in his relapse. But either way, that's the person Lea is and always has been. Jon Groff's quote about her perfectly describes how she's dealing with this. She handles hard situations and experiences it. That's honorable and it may come off weird to a bystander like me who spent a lot of these last 3 months crying every night over his death. But then I realized, did I actually spend the last 3 months crying every night? And I realized not exactly. I did. But most of the time I was so focussed on other things because Cory's death inspired me to be focussed on those things. Like working out, eating healthy, working, studying, going out with friends, catching up with people, etc. I went to a couple parties of my own and I haven't gone to parties since like high school. So when I think of it that way to the public eye and to all my friends, I've moved on and I'm doing great and lovely. But little do they know that I cry over this still every night. But I do that privately because it's private and I don't share that with real life people other than my boyfriend and you guys.

So I'm sure for Lea it's the same. Her public image and the way she's publicly dealing with his death is probably completely different from how she's dealing with it privately, and neither of them are wrong.

Anyways, sorry for this long post. Just some thoughts I was having.

#TL;DR. I think I finally get it.

Last edited by ღfaithfully; 11-02-2013 at 06:16 PM
Old 11-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now i realize with that interview that this hit her even harder than i thought. And last time i thought that was when she got on stage

I'm so thankful for her though
Old 11-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I'm sure it was really hard. How do you talk about your passed boyfriend and your public relationship to the public without coming off seeming like you're milking his death? I've always expected her to talk about it. The only way she could have gotten away with not talking about it or him is if she dropped out of Hollywood completely and was never heard of again. Which would have never happened and that's not Lea. We don't hear from Ann or Shaun because they're not public figures. It's kinda impossible for Lea to avoid though. And again we were getting people, myself included for some time, thinking she's moved on because she doesn't talk about him but posts selfies and promotion tweets instead. It's a very hard situation to be in, and I think I finally get that her public actions don't mean anything about how much Cory meant to her and there's a lot we'll never know on how she's dealing with this and grieving but I think it should be private.

I think seeing the mixed reactions to her interview helped me see that. She can't talk about it because she'll be seen as milking his death, but then again she can't not not talk about it because she'll be seen as moving on or a cold bitch or whatever.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this must be terrible for her
Old 11-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know. I can't imagine. Atleast the times I talk about his death and him as a person, no one bitches at me for milking his death or not bringing attention to his addiction issues. She has it way worse because she can't talk about it or honour him without it looking like she's milking his death. Everyone said that about the Cory necklace and Glee tribute, now this interview. She can't project him as the person he was and not focus on his addiction, without it looking like to some people that addiction isn't important to her and she's not giving it enough attention to be a spokesperson. She also can't do the opposite and not talk about him or honour him because that'll look like she never cared about him, they were PR, or she's a cold bitch who is moving on. And she can't talk about his addiction issues because if she did that she'd get the same reaction Ryan Murphy got with his interview, from me included, and people being disgusted she'd share such private things about him and only focus on that aspect of him and such. Either way no matter what she does, people won't be happy with it or some people will and others won't.

I think now I get that I can't judge her for anything she does publicly because she's in this position and it's a terrible position to be in, and I think she's handling things well to the best she can. I wasn't thrilled she went back to promotion and going to parties and stuff so soon, but now I realize how she's dealing with it publicly is completely different from how she's dealing with it privately like it is for me and I can't expect her nor do I want for her to not be herself and live her life to the fullest in the ways she enjoys. It might not be what I prefer or the lifestyle Cory preferred, but that's always been Lea. And just as I've found strength working and getting together with old friends and going out with them, it's good that she's done the same. Just because she was his girlfriend it doesn't mean she's not allowed to live her life and do things she's always loved to do, like promotion for Glee, magazine shoots, and going to events and fashion shows and things.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, al of your posts are so spot on.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the interview was perfect. She said just enough without revealing anything too personal. Lea is a strong woman and she is grieving in a way that works for her. I'm proud of Lea and I hope she continues to heal and live her life to the fullest. I

“Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to
remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena.”
Old 11-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep within me (View Post)
Wow, al of your posts are so spot on.

I agree I think it was a great interview, and I expected before his death a lot of songs to be about Cory so just because a lot of them are about him now and she's made that public doesn't mean she's milking his death. Hell, if I wrote an album or a book, a lot of it would be about my boyfriend too. That's normal. She had these plans before he passed.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's true that it's expected to be when she talks about him because she has been planning to have him in those songs before his death so yeah.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah sadly with the new songs, people see it as milking. But if she didn't have anything, other people would be disappointed and see her as a cold bitch who didn't really care about him. She's in a hard spot, and I think the fact that she's honouring him with songs not just for him and herself but for us too who loved him, is sweet. Sure it helps give her album more buzz and attention, but even without those 2 songs, there was songs on the album about Cory before his death so it's no different. IDK I just can't imagine how hard it's to be in her shoes and make decisions because if I was in her shoes I'd completely want to honour him and dedicate songs to him because he meant so much to me, but at the same time I'd probably be worried about people thinking I'm milking his death. That's probably why she said no at first and was hesitant also because it's probably so hard to go into the studio and do that. But then she said she felt like she'd regret it if she didn't. Which is exactly how I would have felt, I'd have been like but I want to honour him and show everyone how much he meant to me, so **** what the naysayers think, it's my album and I'll do what I want with it.

Lea's always been very public about showing her love for Cory, before and after his death. So dedicating her album or writing songs about him is no different, and not milking any situation. I just see it as her doing the same thing she's always done, showing everyone how much he means to her. That's just the kinda person Lea is, which is why she had a necklace with his name on it before his death for months. Some people find that weird or promoting or whatever, but I feel like that's Lea in every aspect of her life not just with her relationship, she constantly shows love for things she loves and people, friends and celebrities even that she loves. Like Jon said, when you're in with her, she will intensely love you. She does that and she shares it with the world and it's been like that from the beginning. So her writing songs about him is no different and I feel like people who say she's milking his death or whatever, don't know Lea at all then. But I guess it makes sense cuz the majority of people I've seen saying this are people who hated Monchele so they don't understand Lea's love for him and why she'd do this other than for PR reasons.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Again, another spot on post. Now this reminds me that Lea did a song dedicated to her late grandfather and he wasn't here so there's that. Is she milking him for that too? No. She's dedicating it to him to show how much he meant to her so Cory is no different than that. Let's not forget that Cory wasn't only her boyfriend but also her best friend for the longest time. So he meant the whole world to her that much.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Leyla's posts is spot on. In relationship, you mostly keep it to yourself without the whole world knowing it would be special. Lea did a great interview. It is expected that Lea would talk about Cory eventually as she moves on but she's honoring him and did the best that she could in answering questions people may of have since his death because she is in the spotlight. As for songs, there are many artists that wrote a songfor that person and it doesn't mean Lea is using Cory in any way.

Lea's album would wreck me. There's actually three songs. "You're mine", "canonball, and "if you say so." The first one is before he died. It's expected that artist uses their feelings to express themselves.
↳Adie | Tumblr | icon
Old 11-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just read her interview and I cried like a baby what she says, how she says it, I just can't imagine...She's so strong and as much as it will hurt to listen to "if you say so" or "you're mine", it's song for the man she loves (one before his death and one after )
Old 11-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still thinking about that interview and i think it´s gonna take a bit of time to completely proceed everything cause this hurts like a bitch