Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

and why didn't they show his audition if he wasn't good or else, they should have shown it, so it could be realistic...
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

i want to see how his audition is. The one that he's proud of.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it would have been nice to see and i would have liked to see more of what James Lipton had to say about it.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

maybe in s4, we'll get more insightful about why he got rejected? i really hope so! it better be shown or maybe he'd mention one or two why he got rejected.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a daydream (View Post)
it would have been nice to see and i would have liked to see more of what James Lipton had to say about it.
Same. It was so pointless to bring him on the show for such a small scene and also give him an interview... that's why I think there could be more to it.

I really just hope this army crap goes away
Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i totally agree with you on that but tbh with you, i kinda find this really effin' annoying. i mean to want to clear up his dad's name so that he would have felt a lot better to focus on his dreams? okaaaaaay. if his dad was here, he'd be so disappointed because he'd hate that his son is putting his entire future on hold just for him to be cleared up. urgh. this whole dad talk thing is just so ridiculous and getting on my nerves, ngl.
Yeah, it's rather depressing to think of Finn doing something he thinks is his duty instead of something that makes him happy.But I'm willing to admit that Finn actually going through with it would be pretty epic drama and romance. And I stay confident that he will eventually be able to do what he loves.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Same. It was so pointless to bring him on the show for such a small scene and also give him an interview... that's why I think there could be more to it.

me too. plus it would be so predictable.. because they obv wont have finn stay in the army so he'd OBVIOUSLY Have to get hurt and no one wants to watch that!

plus i dont want them to cut his hair
Old 05-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gourcuff (View Post)
Yeah, it's rather depressing to think of Finn doing something he thinks is his duty instead of something that makes him happy.But I'm willing to admit that Finn actually going through with it would be pretty epic drama and romance. And I stay confident that he will eventually be able to do what he loves.
true! he has to do something he cares about the MOST before he does something for others. so i think for now he needs to figure out for himself. i hope it's a lot sooner and faster for him to know the answers and get it over with before going to nyc to be with girl he loves.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

The priority in the narrative, now, seems to be Finn finding his confidence and getting back on the path he wants to be and Rachel surviving that while singing amazing pining, bleeding heart B-way ballads--of which there are a ton.

Quote:
They like to throw the army SL out there to freak people out. They did the same thing with promo after the X-mas episode. And that left people freaking out until the show came back about Finn joining the army, meanwhile it was squashed the next episode But who can really know with RIB
Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yoann, boy am I glad that you are here to reassure us! You know exactly what to say right things. Exactly. This is glee after all so of course they tend to freak us out then in the end, it'd be no big deal. Look at Quinn's horrible accident by the cliffhanger and now look how that turned out? Nobody acts like it's a big deal tho. So yeah, that's how it is with this show with whole army thing.

I am more than convinced that Finn is NOT going to join army but only thing on his mind by going to army is to get his dad's dishonorable charges dropped, that's his main goal, his propriety no matter what.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

To be completely honest with you, I think it'd be a great storyline for Finn in another show or a movie, but it would be a logistical nightmare for Glee.

Finn wants to clear his fathers name and get an honorable discharge for him. Joining the Army himself does not gain anything towards his goal. I mean if Finn wants to clear his father's name, he already has the best thing going for him. His stepfather is a US Congressman, right? Further, having an extra location to keep track of is just a complication that Glee doesn't need. Also, Finn joining the army would keep him totally apart from the rest of the cast and would require MORE characters. However, in a recent interview RM said (I quote):

Spoiler:

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time he lied to us but I really think RIB have a plan this time. Call me optimistic

Glee tends to be a spectacle and I want him to feel accomplished in performing, somehow, because performing is what he said he wants to do. He said he wants to be an actor, so that's what I'm rooting for him to become or something similar. Remember in Glee-ver, when he said he wants that feeling when a crowd goes wild in the stadium? He wants an audience
Old 06-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Yoann I completely agree with you. Maybe then we will get more Finn/Burt episodes too

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep, I agree with you which is why I am already convinced that army thing is NOT gonna happen because like you said, they will need new people, new set, etc and they don't need that for one person and that'd be waste of money tho. So I can see Finn struggling to get his dad's dishonorable charges dropped, so only way to get it fixed instantly would be Burt, now you just said that he's a senator, so he has more power to do that in five seconds flat out. All we have to do is hope that would happen with his help. Burt better help him so that Finn can finally start focus on his dreams which happens to be in NYC, with the girl of his dream. It better be happening sooner rather than later.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Supreme Fan

I agree completely, Rads!!!

Icon on LJMargaret♥
Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, glad you would agree with that, Margy.

I can see Finn struggling, maybe, JUST MAYBE, he would go to army off-screen that we never got to see that but only mentions from him when he's back in Lima. I am not saying him going to join it, I am saying that he goes there to request his dad's dishonorable charges dropped, so I can see him "mention" about showing up at army and asking for that. But we'd never see that actually happen on our screen, saving a lot of money on set and extras and whatnot...