Old 12-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cool. I haven't read them all anyway
Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I WILL TRY TO FIX YOU
CREDIT: Author

Part 2

“I’m so sorry,” he whispered, thumb tracing over her face. There were times when Stefan sat in the back of the library with old scrapbooks and tried to remember what she was like, tried to remember her voice… there were times when he couldn’t remember either. “I’m so sorry.” He repeated, clearing his throat.

The conversation with Avery had brought back memories that he had long since buried and never wanted to bring up again. He’d spent the last sixteen years raising their daughter, watching her grow into a woman she was today… the same woman her mother had been.

Sometimes, he thinks, without Avery he would have surrendered to the sun long ago. Would have joined Elena in wherever she was.

“I should have protected you…” he said, tracing over the picture with his thumb one last time before he clenched it in his fist, holding it to his heart, a single tear running down his cheek.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

Old 12-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Poor Stefan Don't cry!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

poor Stefan!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't have any Stefan/UC arts
Old 12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I WILL TRY TO FIX YOU

Part 3

Damon walks into the young Salvatore’s room after receiving a text from her and she looks up as he does, moving to sit up on her bed. “Hey, Uncle D.” She says, a bit nervously, and he takes notice of it, narrowing his eyes at her.

“What’s up?” He asks, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned against the framing of her bed.

She pauses. “Can I ask you a question?” Avery asks, nibbling on the inside of her cheek. Her father had given her more information than what she had previously had about her mother, but there was a newfound drive in her soul to find out more about her, about the type of person she was, and she thought that her Uncle would know at least a little bit - he had to have met her at least once.

“Shoot.” Damon says, still wondering where she was going with this. It wasn’t that he was annoyed by his niece’s curiosity, on the contrary, most of the time he admired it, and sought comfort in the fact that at least one piece of Elena remained.

“Did you know my Mom?” She asks and he notices how suddenly quiet she became, as if she almost didn’t want to know.

“Yeah, I did. Elena Gilbert.” Her name rolls of his tongue unpleasantly. “Well, Elena Salvatore. She died a Salvatore.” He says and looks at her daughter, the girl who had grown up from being the small child he’d have to cuddle and read stories to the beautiful teenager.

Avery nodded, but hesitated. Of course her Uncle would have known her mother, from what she’d been told her parents were together years before her mother was killed. Her Aunts told her every year when they would take her to Elena’s grave and help her lay flowers. “What was she like?”

It was Damon’s turn to be hesitant when he heard her question and he swallows uncomfortably, wondering just how much of her mother she wanted to know. “Elena was.. indescribable. Beautiful, stubborn, nine chances out of ten, a total pain in the ass but she was my friend. In fact, she was one of my only friends.”

She waited as Damon stopped talking, looking to the side, his features changing. She knew there was more, but she felt like he needed the reassurance that he could go on, the reassurance that she was prepared to hear whatever he was about to say. “Go on..”

“When you were born, I was at a point of my life that I thought I had genuine feelings for your mother.. she was with me when I was bitten by a werewolf; she kissed me, tried to give me the best death that a person could have. She was always considerate like that.” Damon looks at her, wishing he didn’t see Elena in her features every time he looked at her. “And for a while, I thought she liked me too, but it was always your Dad.” There’s a pain his chest as he speaks but he ignores it and looks upon his niece, her face changing from curious to somewhat hurt and he wonders if he should have shared that information with her. “I didn’t meet you until you were five, and the first words you said to me were ‘Why do you have such poofy hair? Is it soft like a poodle’s?’”

Avery laughs quietly, though she’s stunned by her Uncle’s confession. She had always seen her mother as a role model type of person and to know she had sort of cheated on her father with her uncle gave her a new perspective. “Thanks, Uncle Damon.” She says and stands up, hugging him, which he reciprocates after a moment, realizing she wasn’t going to let go of him until he did.

As she pulled away, he smiled slightly at her. “You remind me a lot of her, you know.” He says softly. “Except, by now, she would have hit me or at least tried to.”

Avery rolled her eyes and punched him in the shoulder, walking over and laying back down on the bed, not bothering to watch him leave.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

Such a sad story.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 12-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

but where's Stefan?

i love you. ♡
Old 12-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

In the library, crying over Elena
Old 12-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling.For.You (View Post)
In the library, crying over Elena
He can't remember everything about her!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I WILL TRY TO FIX YOU

Part 4

“Hey Aunt Bonnie, Aunt Caroline. Thanks for meeting me.” Avery was a little rushed as she came in, her aunts looking at her curiously. She sat in the chair next to the bench where they sat, smiling softly. After getting settled, she folds her hands on her lap and sighs softly. “Dad told me about Mom,” she says finally, the look on both of her Aunt’s faces making her giggle lightly.

Bonnie was the first to speak; as she usually was. “He told you all about Elena?” She said, a little skeptical.

“He told me that she was my mother and how she died.” She nodded slowly, chewing on the inside of her cheek.

Bonnie again speaks before Caroline can, and Avery is almost thankful of this, not really wanting to know what her other Aunt was thinking. “Did he say anything else?”

“Well, he didn’t tell me much more than that. But before I went to bed I found him in the library and he was holding this picture.” She stops and takes the picture of the pregnant woman, holding it out to her Aunt’s. “I’m guessing that’s her. He left it on his desk when he went to bed.”

They both investigate it for a moment before Caroline nods. “That’s her,” she says. “I thought your Mom was joking when she told us she was pregnant,” Caroline said, ever honest about her feelings.

“Caroline.” Bonnie warned and Caroline rolled her eyes, glancing at the witch.

Avery looked confused at her Aunt Caroline’s comment. “What do you mean by that?” She asked, narrowing her eyes at Bonnie, who looked away from her.

Caroline looked at her and grinned slightly. “Vampires can’t procreate, silly. And when she told us she was pregnant, I was convinced that she had gone off and cheated on Stefan, but when you came out and did that little forehead brood thing I knew you were his.”

Avery had tuned out of the conversation after she had heard ‘vampires can’t procreate.’ But she was here - wasn’t she? She was even more confused now than she had been when she had came there, stands up, smiling at them both. “Thanks Aunt Bonnie, thanks Aunt Caroline. I’ll see you guys later.” She says, quickly walking away from the park.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

that little forehead brood thing
Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I WILL TRY TO FIX YOU

Part 5

The ring of the doorbell along with the knock on the door wasn’t strange to Stefan. As far as they were from Mystic Falls, there were always people in the old boarding house, the house he had called his home for such a long time. He puts down the book he was reading and gets up, walking over and opening the door just as another ring of the doorbell rang through the house, his mouth running dry.

The woman on the other side of the door smiled tentatively, but it dropped once she saw how tense he had suddenly become. “Hello, Stefan.” Elena said quietly, folding her hands and licking her lips.

Stefan choked for air and his eyes widened. Elena was dead.. he’d seen her die, he’d held her body close to his and sobbed; he’d tried to revive her with his blood. There was no way…

“It’s me,” she said after a while of him staring at her. “Invite me in, Stefan. I’ll explain to you everything that happened.”

He bites his lip and knows even though his name was on the papers alongside his daughter’s, that it would be next to impossible to allow her in. But he tries anyway. “Come in,” he says and steps to the side, mystified when she walks in. His mouth is still dry and he can barely talk but she’s there and he wants to hold her but there’s something holding him back.

“Klaus’ witch put a spell on me.. I would appear to bed, I’d look dead, but I wasn’t actually. After the funeral, he dug my body up and that’s all I can remember.” She sighs and looks up at him, walking down into the living room. He follows after her, almost as if pulled by a magnetic force. “I’ve been under his reins for the last sixteen years… it was only recently that his witch betrayed him and brought back to life his brother, Elijah, and Elijah killed him permanently.”

Stefan looks at her, still incredulous that she was there, that she was alive. “But I killed him.. I know I did.. he was dead, he was…”

Elena smiled sympathetically at him and sighed softly, dipping her head. “He told me that you thought he was dead.. it was a perfect pl-” Elena started to say, only to be cut off by the voice of Avery.

“What the hell is going on?”
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

ELENA'S ALIVE!
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread