Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah he does.

That art is both very cool and a bit creepy. I'm not the biggest fan of the face blend.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Total Fan

i love SK. Add me please (even if i like SE a more, most of time )?

I am frustrated by how rare good SK fics are, especially post 3.09- the only ones i found are obviously OOOC stuff written by DE fans who twist the relationship between Katherine and Stefan and the character themselves in something more or less distant from the original version, eh.

Such a shame.

This is a very interesting pairing and it should not be that hard to explore it realistically, even dealing with Stefan's current love for Elena.

Example- the vast majority of SK fics out of there, in order to give SK a future, has Stefan constantly admitting to himself that he secretly always loved Katherine.

Never once that I can find a fic that deals with all real reasons Stefan was angry with Katherine outside her sleeping with Damon.

Revisionist history is annoying.

There's no reason SK might not have a romantic development outside fantasy/DElusional land- if this was a different sort of show, Stefan might simply be disappointed in Elena for her wishy-washing and fall out of love with her. Or grow closer to Katherine and eventually choose her over Elena because Kathrine is the one who refused to let him go, the one who proved herself stronger in staying to his side.

Sorry for the tirade.

I just had to get it off my chest after one extremely disappointing fic-reading session.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 11-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome! I'll add you.

Yeah I'm surprised how little there is of them in fanfiction which is frustrating and sad. Yeah most of them do seem ooc. I've seen a lot of them having Stefan cheat. Yeah that so wouldn't happen.

I can't find a really well written fanfiction about them and their past either.

I agree they're can be a realistic romantic development between them, but I have a feeling the show writers won't go there. There is just so MUCH they can do with these two! Yeah I love how she never gave up on him even when he rejected (though he had the right too) him and seen him at his darkest. I can't say the same for some other people. I really want the writers to forge a bond between them. That Stefan is someone Katherine is willing to open up to and trust and I hope that Stefan would do the same with her. That last scene has given me hope even though I try not to go there. She done so much to prove things to him and I really want them to be real moments. I want them to take Kahterine in that direction while keeping her who she is. I hate being teased and they need to stop going there unless they really are going to develop it. I hope they do.

It's good to get things off once chest.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 11-15-2011 at 04:56 PM
Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea what's up with this gif

Credit
Old 11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg what.
most random thing

i love you. ♡
Old 11-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Welcome! I'll add you.

Yeah I'm surprised how little there is of them in fanfiction which is frustrating and sad. Yeah most of them do seem ooc. I've seen a lot of them having Stefan cheat. Yeah that so wouldn't happen.

I can't find a really well written fanfiction about them and their past either.

I agree they're can be a realistic romantic development between them, but I have a feeling the show writers won't go there. There is just so MUCH they can do with these two! Yeah I love how she never gave up on him even when he rejected (though he had the right too) him and seen him at his darkest. I can't say the same for some other people. I really want the writers to forge a bond between them. That Stefan is someone Katherine is willing to open up to and trust and I hope that Stefan would do the same with her. That last scene has given me hope even though I try not to go there. She done so much to prove things to him and I really want them to be real moments. I want them to take Kahterine in that direction while keeping her who she is. I hate being teased and they need to stop going there unless they really are going to develop it. I hope they do.

It's good to get things off once chest.
thanks!
honestly? I would love this show more if it SK had a real shot but... i have a feeling the structure of show wouldn't really allow that.
It's tailored so that Stefan and Elena are each other' 'missing half'- even if right now for me Elena is the lesser half- so it seems that their journey in the show will be always entwined and parallel.

What I like about SK is the fact they see right through each other facade - they know exactly who the other is and they don't waver in that belief. Katherine is selfish, but she makes no secret that Stefan is the one she will always come back to, the one she is willing to put aside her selfishness or pride, even only for a moment. And she sees that Stefan cared for her for a very long time after she abandoned him, because he kept her photograph with him, all those years.

Stefan in turn understands the kind of woman Katherine really is, he doesn't put her on a pedestal but... has a difficulty to reconcile that with the fact her love can be real even while it's selfish and destructive. Because Stefan is an idealist and you can see that he believes that loving someone is giving them the respect and space to make choices.

As for backstory fics- i only EVER found TWO that are realistic and IC... how unfair is that?

But on the bright side, they are both amazing. I can share the rec i did on them for hetreccers :

Quote:

Fic Title: You Desired my attention
Author: lit_chick08
Link:The Truth Inside The Lie - Fic: You Desired My Attention (But Denied My Affection)
Rating/Warning(s): PG13
Genre: romance
WIP?: no

Why This Must Be Read: I have a soft spot for backstory fics and this one is just magical. There's a doomed feeling you get reading the blossoming of the doomed love-story between corrupted, vicious vampire Katherine and pure, innocent Stefan, specially since this story does not sugarcoat anything. Katherine is as petty, frivolous and selfish as her TVversion is, and Stefan so unexperienced and naive than he falls easily for her depections, never daring to even doubt that his vixen is not an untouched maiden. Really, you should read this even only to journey a little inside HumanStefan mind, because here's an admirable accuracy to how a young man of his time would approach women and sexuality.

Fic Title: The Vow
Author: ladygawain
Link:ladygawain: The Vow (Katherine-centric, Stefan/Katherine)
Rating/Warning(s): PG, spoilers for Memory Lane
Genre: romance, drama
WIP?:No
Why This Must Be Read:the night Katherine is captured, and later escapes with George Lockwood's aid, she promises she will have Stefan again someday. This is brilliant Katherine's POV on those events and a wonderful exploration of the twisted sort of feelings she feels for Stefan. Extremely intelligent, well-vcrafted, honest story.

"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 11-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They are trying to make Katherine as Elena's conscience. Like a parrot: "It's okay to love them"

I just hope Katherine stays for the Stefan vs Klaus battle.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope that Katherine gets another chance to be with Stefan

i love you. ♡
Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Credit
Old 11-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that maquerade picture. They look so hot together
Old 11-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Credit
Old 11-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the maquerade art!

SkySamuelle I pretty much agree with your post. Thank you for the fan fiction links!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Love that art. They looked so pretty in that episode.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 11-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so pretty!

*off to reblog*
Old 11-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Closed Thread   Post New Thread