Fan Forum Star

"Xerxes" (1x06) - Episode Discussion Thread

UNDERCOVERS

1x06: Xerxes
Writers: ?
Director: ?

Wednesday, Oct. 27 @ 8 p.m. Eastern on NBC

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
Samantha and Steven are sent to Tuscany to retrieve a weapons dealer and the formula to a lethal biological weapon; Samantha must assume a former cover that involves partnering with Steven's rival.

PROMOS!

Undercovers - A Look at "Xerxes" - Video - NBC.com

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship,
try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one
you like and be positive, please. Let's remember to show
our fellow posters some respect, thanks. :]
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode
but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something,
don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it.
Any posts with that topic will be deleted.
4. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Old 10-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thanks for the thread. This should be fun.

But SVU and LOLA are repeats..so Undercovers are on its own. This is a test for the show. I hope we can at least remain constant and not drop.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Loved it. But I'm feeling the Leo withdrawal. Bring him back.

I'm glad Clive wasn't bad, but too bad about Tessa. I wanted to ship her and Hoyt. I'm glad Hoyt got her down!

S&S are SO HOT! OMG, the chemistry between them during the "printing" scene. WOW. Love it.

I'm glad we got a little history. That is so cute! *giggles* I love it. ♥

Also, HOYT! I love how he remembers numbers and knows how to use all the technology. I love him.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. Also felt the Leo withdrawal... and that other agent that I guess was "Leo" like... didn' really cut it.

I think this week's episode was definitely better than last week, I mostly loved it for the whole Hoyt-in-love subplot. Poor boy. He finally falls in love with someone not named Mr. Bloom and she turns out to be the baddie.

Don't worry Hoyt, you just hope Uncle Leo finds you a nice girl, ok?

As for Samantha and Steve... they were sweet at the end, but the way their characters are written is so plain. I feel they don't have something that makes me really remember them as something unique.... At least they have nice sexual chemistry.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinslet (View Post)
Agreed. Also felt the Leo withdrawal... and that other agent that I guess was "Leo" like... didn' really cut it.
That other agent was a lame attempt at replacing Leo. The whole history with Sam and Steven, and the whole Steven gets angry thing like they had with Leo. The only difference that with Leo, the chemistry is playful, even when Steven is angry, you know he trusts Leo and that he's only exasperated like an older brother dealing with an annoying little brother. This just feels forced, like they are trying to re-create Leo/Sam/Steven! And I DO NOT like it one bit!

I want Leo back! This show is at its best when our beloved Trio is working together and kicking butt!!!!

Quote:
Don't worry Hoyt, you just hope Uncle Leo finds you a nice girl, ok?
Yup, Uncle Leo will find you a pretty girl indeed! If he doesn't sleep with her first!

Quote:
As for Samantha and Steve... they were sweet at the end, but the way their characters are written is so plain. I feel they don't have something that makes me really remember them as something unique.... At least they have nice sexual chemistry.
That's my view too! Sam and Steven are adorable and they have great chemistry, but I can only take so much of them doing and saying the same things every episode. At least when Leo's around, they actually start acting like human beings and there's a real spark.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 10-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't watched it yet, but no Leo again? Boooo . I really like Steven and Samantha, but yeah, the same old every week is getting boring. They need a shakeup, why are they taking so long to reveal the true reasons they left CIA and why the agency wanted them back so badly?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The way they setup the "true reasons" thing doesn't even seem that appealing, personally. I do't know. It just doesn't feel like a huge SHOCKER that "WHOA they had other reasons to leave CIA< and not just for each other"...

Anyway. It's been 6 episodes, and there's still no setup for the 'longer' story arc that will take us thorugh the season. I think that's Undercover's problem right now.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

ITA with you . I hope it's more exciting than it sounds, and we need a look at the big picture ASAP. They might be playing with fire, the ratings are bad, and I think six episodes barely no mentions to the main plot is a hale of a tease.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I do hope more hints about why they left come around. I can't imagine it just was they wanting to be together.

Is it bad that I'm starting to ship Hoyt/Lizzy? I don't have a real reason. They seem same age and both need someone.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've been thinking about Hoyt and Lizzy for a while now, I would enjoy for sure .
Old 11-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode is not so bad! I love how Steven and Sam would tease each other about their pretending to be someone else to do their job. Poor Steven dealing with this. But their scenes were pretty damn hot when they were making out in his hotel room and being all sexy and hot, hee. Poor Hoyt crushin' on wrong girl who turned out to be a killer. Don't worry, Hoyt will find someone who's better off with him, perfect girl with great mind and all he could ever ask for. That girl was such a bitch and I am glad that she got caught and was kicked by kickass Sam and Steven. Hoyt was so beyond genius in cracking the code to see if the portrait has something in it and found one, amazing! Anyways this episode was so intriguing and amazing!