Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

1x13 "No Ordinary Detention" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Detention
January 11th 2011
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

While Internal Affairs officer Rachel Jacobs (Joanne Kelly, "Warehouse 13") investigates reports of a rogue cop, Jim risks revealing himself as the prime suspect when the police station is overrun by a group of thugs, and he is the only hope of survival. Meanwhile, while trying to nurse an ailing Joshua back to health at the lab, Katie and Stephanie run into Human Resources VP Victoria Morrow (Rebecca Mader, "Lost") and begin to suspect that she isn't who she says she is

Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Watcher & Katie I love them so much! He knew right away it wasn't her.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

This episode way better than last week
Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree and I hope I'm not just being bias. Lol cause of my extreme love for The Watcher and Katie.

The whole episode though was great and amazing totally re-watching it before I go to work.

Also I'm very disappointed that ABC decided not to show a preview for next week's episode I mean "WTH" better promotion.

Last edited by eternalfate; 01-18-2011 at 08:28 PM
Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah the episode overall was just better

after the watcher and katie scenes, I liked the kids scenes the most.

IKR bad move ABC!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Watcher and Katie scenes were totally my favorite and I'm re-watching the episode cause I don't think I was paying attention much to the episode as a whole. I just was waiting for their scenes to keep coming. I think I'll agree that after The Watcher/Katie that the kids scenes were best. I'll watch it again though and tell you more about what I think.

Yeah it's a really bad move, I was so disappointed to not see any preview.:
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

There is no promo because apparently the show is not coming back until the 8th of February!!!! ....what will I do!?!?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh what a torture of a wait this will be.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

I really liked this episode, and not just because of the number of Watcher/Katie scenes (although their stuff was awesome!). I liked pretty much all of the stories tonight.

- The hostage stuff was probably my least favorite part of the episode, but I did like it. It was nice to see Jim using some strategy in his crimefighting, imitating Die Hard and using the air ducts and taking out the criminals one by one. The twist with him wearing the kevlar vest was good too.

- I loved the Jim/George moments in this episode. "Let me be your black guy."

- The detention stuff was all good too. I'm always a sucker for a good Breakfast Club episode. And I think this episode got me on board for Daphne/Chris too. He was fine in the last episode, but I really liked them a lot in this one.

- The stuff in the lab was definitely my favorite part of the episode. The two Katies were great, especially Stephanie quizzing them both. And of course, I loved the Watcher/Katie stuff. He was so worried for her! I'm interested to see where things go with them now that Katie knows about his powers.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Really great episode!

My fav storyline definitely is the one about Katie and The Watcher! The both of them are simply amazing! He right away knew that it wasn't Katie who was standing before him and talking to him.
And then, just because to be able to save Katie he again decided for the injection... What now keeps me wondering if there will never be a way for him to at all get out of this. He seemed to almost die.

I wonder why the Watcher doesn't want Stephanie to know about his powers... Any ideas? Maybe I just missed something.

And the enemy now knows about Stephanie's powers... I'm sure Steph's boss will know soon and what then?

The kids as well were great... When JJ let it snow, that was so fantastic and somehow magical.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know why he doesn't want Stephanie to know....I was thinking that as well. Probably he thinks the whole truth about him will come out if Stephanie finds out? and probably Stephanie would want to run a lot of test on him? I don't know.

Oh and judging by the reviews from here and many of the sites, the writers better keep The Watcher and Katie stuff in the story as much as possible.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

But he at least decided for the right side and he shouldn't be afraid of Stephanie knowing about all this. It's a pity.

Maybe he fears the consequences for Stephanie and her family. I'm sure Steph's boss wouldn't be happy about them knowing what's going on in the company. But that's a really ridiculous explanation as well.

Oh yeah, they definitely should keep the Katie/Watcher stuff going. It's my fav couple in the show and I love that she was able to change his life so much. He's become another man through her love and his love for her.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah hopefully the next episode is more explanation for why he doesn't want to tell Stephanie.

Katie/Watcher is totally my favorite right now as well, totally the power pair and I love how she brought light into his life and how he was able to find something other then powers to live for. she made him finally feel human.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
Yeah hopefully the next episode is more explanation for why he doesn't want to tell Stephanie.

Katie/Watcher is totally my favorite right now as well, totally the power pair and I love how she brought light into his life and how he was able to find something other then powers to live for. she made him finally feel human.
I think the reason why he doesn't want Stephanie to know, is because she is will start snooping around. She eventually figure out DR.KING's secret, which will also expose Josh's past...all the things he is ashamed of & doesn't want Katie to know..
Old 01-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaSiva (View Post)
I think the reason why he doesn't want Stephanie to know, is because she is will start snooping around. She eventually figure out DR.KING's secret, which will also expose Josh's past...all the things he is ashamed of & doesn't want Katie to know..
yeah. but not telling her anything would still make her suspicious as well.