Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

1x12 "No Ordinary Brother" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Brother
January 11th 2011
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

Jim's brother learns of the family's powers and tries to use it to his advantage; Katie is promoted; Daphne becomes a part of the school's peer disciplinary committee.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I enjoyed this episode. Wasn't feeling the brother Mike at first but then I start to warm up to him.

I loved the Stephanie and Daphne scenes so much, their friendship is just amazing, I love that she did not go to Miami. and I loved when Steph saved Katie's life. I love how attached The Watcher has become to Katie It just makes me happy everytime they have a scene. I'm like always scared for his life in every episode though. and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite!

WOW doesn't the Watcher has a comeback to every lie he gets caught in? just wow.

I want more drama cause the little drama we did get in this episode was great! we didn't get much George but I did enjoy the little we did get of him, especially his last scene in the episode with Jim.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Didn't really like this episode kinda boring.

The watcher/Katie didn't like how easy she believed that it wasn't stephane journal after she said she knew her hand writing when she saw it all this lying will come back to haunt the Watcher in the end.

Mike didn't really see the need for him guess to resolve some child hood issues they had I guess, checking JJ out of school to got gamble was funny though JJ was hooked fast

Katie/Stephanie glad that her getting offered the job didn't turn into some big fight it all worked itself out in the end

Jim/George the upgrade Lair is badass!!!

Daphne/Chris they seem like they could be a nice couple.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah it'll come back to haunt him, she thought she was seeing things cause she doesn't thing he have in superhuman powers.

I agreed with Mike. I think he made the episode bad. I think the episode would have been pretty greater without him in it but I did enjoy him towards the end....

I can't get behind Daphne or anyone at the moment.

I enjoyed the episode but it's one of my least favorites of the season in a weird way....
Old 01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

But with the Powell's powers she should always assume someone else has them

Yeah Daphne likes every boy she comes in contact with
Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's just too hard to suspect that with mysterious cheesy lines. and she was looking at him, she couldn't have thought he changed something right there. but I do think she should have pressed more, but the proof wasn't their no more so yeah. At least The Watcher is in love. lol One day she'll find out and it'll be all good. Once she founds out I want so huggggeeeeeeeee angst and angry!Katie.

Yeah she is liking everyone. well I'll say just enjoy high school life.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah we better get angry Katie
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Re-watched it and I'm back to my first opinion, the episode was enjoyable. BUT I think the problems with the episode is that we need more action or something, something to make the fans jump out of their seats.

The NOF writers need to not be afraid to take risk...also cliffhangers being NO use on this show. Like Daphne losing her memory was just for a cliffhanger that seems pointless now cause the storyline didn't really go anywhere so it was a bit of a waste of time....was it to let us see that The Watcher would do anything? or probably for in episodes later Daphne will remember what The Watcher did cause if that doesn't happen then it means the storyline served no purpose. Now Kate finding the journal..... like five minutes into the episode the whole thing means nothing.

So I think the cliffhangers should really serve something.

Last edited by eternalfate; 01-12-2011 at 01:13 AM
Old 01-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

I agree the cliffhangers aren't really leading to anything big yet, their all about over with in the first 5 min of the new episode

But next week seems like a lot of action!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I see a lot of complaints about that, the cliffhangers shouldn't even be in the episodes if it's not leading anywhere. I think it's just for the shock value at the time.

Yeah I can't wait. They should definitely know who clone!Katie is.

Last edited by eternalfate; 01-12-2011 at 04:19 PM
Old 01-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Yeah they better
Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey do you guys have twitter? There is this guy there who will be interviewing 2 of the writers REALLY SOON. All your suggestions for improvement would be useful

If it means these change to their writing will get more viewers then its worth a shot right?

BrathanSupporter - according to one of the writers, Daphne's memory loss will be readdressed soon and there will be a big pay-off with that. Also, altho I am annoyed at how they dismissed the journal, I have a feeling they will have a pay off for that too..

Although that means A LOT of heat on mysterious! LOL

Last edited by JavaSiva; 01-12-2011 at 10:13 PM
Old 01-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

No I don't have one
Old 01-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Right now the show needs to add more Katie/Mysterious scenes since by judging from most of the reviews, it's the most interesting liked storyline going on. oh and the make mysteriously completely good.

Adding more action on the show, more angst and stuff like that will help as well.

I do not have a twitter as well.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

I think I enjoyed the episode overall.

- I didn't particularly like Mike, but feel like I got more insight into Jim after seeing his relationship with him. It was nice to see Chiklis get to do some more dramatic stuff than he usually does on this show.

- Liked the stuff with Daphne for the most part, and Daphne/Chris seems like it could be an interesting pairing if they keep him around.

- The Katie/Watcher stuff was good after they got past the diary thing, which was resolved a bit too quickly for me. I agree about the cliffhangers on this show seeming pretty pointless most of the time. Chiles finding the serum? He was killed off without being able to tell anyone what he knew by the end of the next episode. Daphne losing her memory? Hasn't been spoken of since five minutes into the first episode back. Katie finding Steph's journal in the Watcher's jacket? He's able to change the words and immediately convince her that she was seeing things without her getting suspicious. I'm hoping we get pay off for some of these down the road, because I'm liking the cliffhangers, but not the lack of fallout from them.

- Other than that, though, I was happy to see more of Katie in this episode. Liked Steph being upset about the possibility of losing Katie.

- I liked Rebecca Mader's character as Dr. King's new right hand person.
that a broken heart is blind