Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

1x11 "No Ordinary Friends" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Friends
January 4th 2011
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

After Jim saves Dave Cotten's (Ricky Schroder) life, he and Stephanie become fast friends with Dave, his wife, Michelle (Annie Wersching, "24") and their kids. But Jim begins to suspect that the Cottens may be leading their own secret lives. Meanwhile, Daphne throws her hat into the high school ring for student council president, and Katie reveals a secret to Stephanie about her relationship with Joshua - aka The Watcher.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yay, can't wait!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
MST Manager

Good that new episodes are back tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

On set two of the guest stars

Annie Wersching and ricky schroder
Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Great episode tonight!! Great guest stars.

One of my favorite parts was when Jim was "telling" Daphne to take the other kids around the school.

I felt so bad for Katie and then he came back and then she found the book!! I am looking forward to her reaction.

Last edited by NOLA504; 01-04-2011 at 10:47 PM
Old 01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Glad the show is finally back, ok episode tonight

The Cotten family was pretty cool similar to the Powell family.

Michell being the art thief was pretty predictable..

Stephanie getting drunk was funny

Troy getting JJ to punch him so Natalie could notice him as a bad boy was cool on he's part being that they just started to hang out together, but hey it worked!

Glad there wasn't some kind of long journey in getting Daphne to understand her powers again. Smart thinking on Jim's part. I'm sure she'll win class president too.

The Watcher/Katie why am I not surprised she's a virgin didn't expect the watcher to give up every thing for katie. Then they have sex( I think she's gonna be pregnant) later she finds Stephanie book, can't wait to see her reaction next week.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The irony is Michelle getting shot./actress Annie Wersching last april on 24 got shot and killed, So for 24 fan it was funny to see her get shot.

Katie finally gets to make love and finds out after her bliss this guy has stephanie's diary .

Funny I am a Criminal minds fan, he had a supporting role as husband of on of the regulars but she got taken off the show thus he is no longer on the show, he had accent on CM .

Didn't like the boy that was JJ temp friend ,loved that Daphne is using her powers to win a school election from a snooty high school girl .

I find this show interesting at first time from Ep 1 to know it has changed . I thought it was going to be kinda funny with some small serious stuff ,now it has become more of a serious show ,with small humor added in .

I am enjoying it cause it is a different type of Tv show ,stands out don't make Jim and Stephanie so super that they can out do everyone. I thought when the guy was shooting michelle Stephanie was going to speed up and move her out of the way or grab the gun.

Last edited by Logan; 01-04-2011 at 10:47 PM
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisz (View Post)
Great episode tonight!! Great guest stars.

One of my favorite parts was when Jim was "telling" Daphne to take the other kids around the school.

I felt so bad for Katie and then he came back and then she found the book!! I am looking forward to her reaction.
yeah that moment was so funny

Quote:
I am enjoying it cause it is a different type of Tv show ,stands out don't make Jim and Stephanie so super that they can out do everyone. I thought when the guy was shooting michelle Stephanie was going to speed up and move her out of the way or grab the gun.
I was expecting her to do that as well, guess she was in shock and froze up.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

This show keeps getting better and better. It is one of my favorites this TV season. Favorite part was definitely JJ punching the kid to get his girlfriend to notice him more. I am also looking forward to Katie's reaction to finding the journal after sleeping with the Watcher.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
This show keeps getting better and better. It is one of my favorites this TV season. Favorite part was definitely JJ punching the kid to get his girlfriend to notice him more. I am also looking forward to Katie's reaction to finding the journal after sleeping with the Watcher.
JJ punching Troy was pretty funny

I think she'll go to Stephanie first before confronting him about it.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
MST Manager

Good comments so far.

I didn't know Ricky Schroeder was going to be a guest star! Wow! I used to crush on him HARD back in the day!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

I liked tonight's episode all right. I saw the twist that Michelle would be the thief when Dave told Jim that his wife got the expensive watch for him, but I thought Annie Wersching and Ricky Shroeder were fun as guest stars nonetheless.

- Drunk!Stephanie was pretty great, but add me to the list of those that thought Stephanie was going to use her powers after Michelle got shot.

- I liked seeing Daphne and JJ make friends with the Cotton kids, and I hope we see them continuing to be friends with the Cottons. Except for JJ's football player friend and a few friends of Daphne's that have only been in single episodes, we haven't seen JJ and Daphne developing many close friendships, and I'd love to see at least one of them get a George/Katie type sidekick of their own.

- Speaking of Katie, I liked her story with the Watcher. I especially loved that she was drinking a juice box alone in front of the TV before he came to apologize to her. I was also happy to see some evidence that the Watcher (can they just tell us his real name, please?) has actually fallen for Katie. I did find it kind of weird that he kept Stephanie's diary with him when he went to Katie's, especially if he was anticipating that they were going to have sex, but I'm curious to see what happens with them now that Katie's found the diary.
that a broken heart is blind