Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

1x08 "No Ordinary Accident" Episode Discussion

No Ordinary Accident
November 16th 2010
ABC Tuesdays 8/7c

Stephanie tries to uncover the reason behind Jim's sudden loss of powers, which could put an end to his crime fighting days; JJ may be facing criminal charges after he's caught hacking into the school computer system by his teacher; Daphne uses her abilities to impress a boy; and Katie begins falling for her mysterious new beau.

Last edited by NOLA504; 11-23-2010 at 11:17 PM
Old 11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for the episode discussion thread.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Your welcome Nikki

Really looking forward to the episode.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Can't wait!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

This was a pretty good episode

Jim losing his powers, was kinda predictable but it was needed I guess. Glad it was only temporary though.

Liked the JJ/Stephanie scenes when they were working to save he's teacher's life. It wasn't the ideal way for them to bond but it was still cool that they were able to do.

Bret/Daphne I like them the back and forth thing that Bret is doing might get kinda annoying but was glad that Daphne finally admitted she doesn't like the same things as him, that sushi date they had was pretty funny though

Will aka The Watcher/Katie not sure if i'm suppose to like them but I do during their date the stuff he was telling her I don't think he was making it up. I know he is using her and all but I can easily see him starting to actually have feeling for Katie down the road. It was nice to see Katie having a good time and her Edward/wolverine comparison about Will was funniest line of the night

George/Amanda were great as well, just wish we would have gotten more of them in the episode

Last edited by NOLA504; 11-24-2010 at 07:14 AM
Old 11-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

I really enjoyed it.

I'm glad Jim losing his powers was only temporary and they figured out what happened.

I loved JJ and Stephanie saving the teacher's life; it was a very meaningful way to use their powers and it was a great thing they did.

I'm actually glad JJ didn't help Daphne with Bret this time and she was right to tell Brad the truth; but I agree the sushi date was funny.

Will and Katie are interesting so far, and I'm definitely curious to see what happens next with them.

I agree, George and Amanda are great so far and hopefully they'll be together more in future episodes.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 AM
MST Manager

Nice episode comments so far.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Thanks to Hulu, I'm finally caught up with this show again. I've been wavering on it a bit, but I've liked the past couple of episodes better than the first few, and I'm glad that they've started to move more into ongoing storylines a little more, like developing love interests for George and Katie and doing more of the shady conspiracy stuff with Shady Guy/Will and Stephen Collins' characters.

In this episode, my favorite parts were the Katie/Will scenes and the stuff with JJ and Stephanie operating on the teacher. I couldn't tell if at the end, the teacher suspected/knew more than he was letting on, but it seemed like he might, and I'm curious whether their relationship will change at all now.

And Shady Guy/Will has been getting really interesting these last couple of episodes; I assumed he was a clear bad guy at first, but it looks like he might turn out to be sympathetic down the road (especially if what he told Katie about his childhood was true, and it sounded like it was). And I, for one, would really enjoy that, because he and Katie were surprisingly cute together, and I'd like to see where things go with them.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Just finished watching this episode, and it is just getting better all the time in my opinion. I really enjoyed the whole episode. The date between Katie and "Will" was awesome! Who would have guessed that JJ's imaginary man actually gets a face? I can't wait till JJ hears about it! He will be so surprised.

I agree with people here that the scene where Stephanie and JJ saved the teachers life was amazing and really meaningful. When Steph said that "done" the first time, I was a bit surprised that it was so easy, but then came the complications. Which made it feel more "real". Also Jim outside the room trying to keep the doctor out. I was laughing so much seeing him in the clothes at the hospital

Daphne's face, when she acidentally ordered running prawn, or whatever it was, hilarious anyway! I'm really glad that she admitted everything in the end, but I felt kinda disappointed that she felt like she needed to lie in the first place. But high school drama, isn't it?
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember the episode, this is the epsode where my Will...well Watcher love grew...I was like " evil has never been this awesome" well I wasn't saying that but something along those lines. I always liked him even though he have his evil ways.

Poor JJ I really loved what he did though, he wanted to show Katie that it is some great guys out there and his little crush is adorable. love how Daphne found out and I really loved Stephanie, how she started typing for Katie.

Oh and we both agree...the lying was just plain stupid from Daphne to me. I'm mean you are going to have some differences in relationships I understand lying about a little bit of things here and there but lying about every single thing was just a bit ridiculous to me.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Haha, well he is quite awesome character to be fair! I haven't seen any further episodes yet, but I hope that Katie doesn't get hurt when she's "fooling around" with him. But it's very likely since he is just trying to get close to the Powells. I still actually hope that there is something more in them. Forbidden love kind of thing.

I agree. So cute with his crush. And Daphne reading his thoughts! I feel like Stephanie is taking a bit of a big sister role with Katie, trying to get her out more and help her love life. I really love how the grow closer together in every episode.

I kinda understand that she wanted to be different from that blonde chick, whose name I don't remember, and I could still understand the art thing, but lying about a language skill? She must have known that even if JJ had promised to help her she would get caught in some point!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Forbidden love usually are the best kinds for television so yeah I would love that.

Poor JJ, he didn't want anyone to find out his crush feelings but it was still nice that JJ tried to find a way for Katie not to feel so sad and down about none of her relationships working out. I agree Stephanie is definitely like Katie big sister even though they are friends. It's really nice to see though.

I agree the language thing was just craziness. but I thought the food was as well...she could have said she enjoyed it but she didn't need to say it was her favorite food cause it's his.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

I just wonder how Katie will react when she finds out about him. She will probably be destroyed to realize that she was used to get closer to the powell's But I think that there is something more than just that, I think the Watcher really likes Katie.

It's funny how Katie and Steph barely even talked before the accident happened, and now they are best friends. I find Katie's obsession to superheros really cute. I don't remember in which episode it was, but when Katie was talking about wolverine and Stephanie didn't have any idea

I can kinda understand that. Although, she should have even liked sushi before saying that! It's so stupid from her not to realize that she will actually have to eat it then, if she wants to keep the guy
Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really would love to reply to that Watcher/Katie prediction but I'm ahead in the episodes so yeah....

Katie is just a understanding friend and Stephanie knows that. I love how close their friendship is getting ever since Steph told Katie about her ability.

I just think she was overboard with the similarity thing about everything. I understand some things just not every single thing.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Haha! I am currently watching "no ordinary brother" episode, and I could not be more happy for Katie Even though everything is just because Dr. King want s to keep the watcher :/

And I love the fact how Katie is all excited because of her past obsession with the superhero stuff. Now she knows a real one!

I agree with you there. I think the relationship might have even worked if she just didn't lie about everything. Silly girl.