Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Ok guys in my post will be a lot of blh blh blah between suggestions but there are to much thoughts and ideas in my head right now, so i am trying to share them with u and also explain why this ideas is worth to try.
Ready or not here i come:
I think that Malex fans (we) should (must/need/able to) do smth if we want our Malex, and i mean not only having LJ,tumblr(or how that thing should be named) but smth much more serious. We all know hoe system works, managers of the show look through web and do shippers monitoring and that shows tendency of viewers reaction, after that they decide should they take shippers ideas and preferences or ignore them. BUT there is one expression which fits here perfectly: "in researches and monitorings we face 3 main things lies. huge lies and statistics."
So what am i trying to say, we are almost equal in amount with Alex Thom and Nikita Michael shippers. But we are different. Alex-Thom shippers are mostly discussing the couple as the second best after the leading one. Nikita and Michaels shippers are strong one but they mostly discuss oh how good the ACTORS not characters look together.
That is why my suggestion is to make the scriptwriters see that we see Alex and Micheal characters as a strong and interesting story line. Here is some ideas which work in PR and TV business.
1. Each month during last week each one here writes a list with 10 reasons why Malex are perfect for each other and is interesting story line (5 reasons for Alex and 5 for Michael) and post them here (it would be very good if below each reason would be and explanation), the one who opened the thread will collect them and then will made one big list in OP (but with out reasons,just facts), the LJ, tumblr and other mods will put that list on their sites with explanations, and the most important here we'll send this list to CW each month. (i'll help with the firs one so u'll can see how this letters to TV chanels and show editors should look).
2. We shouldn't change the gif/pic/art of the moment, we should just add new ones so the managers who are making the monitoring would see that we have plenty of material for our couple and all the ideas are based on what we saw in the show and not only what we would want to happened.
3. I know that inspiration is unpredictable thing ( i have unfinished fanfic about doc Barnette myself) but if some of us write funfiction we should collect it not only on fanfiction web site, but also in LJ and...yes we should send them to CW too.
4. After each ep where we see smth very special between/abouy Malex we should write during discussion our own ideas to what this or that can lead and then post them in LJ and also send to CW in the end of the month.
This way we will be more constructive and can have some results and even changes in the show. Not as soon as we wished to, cause a lot of eps are already shoot but in future for sure we can get what we want.

So what do u think about it?
(and i do remeber about adding in op i'll do it today)
Old 10-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

wow, you are a way better and more practical malex shipper than i am lol

i agree with all the above. personally, i think michael/alex will gain more fans after next weeks episode (thats what i'm hoping for anyway). but yeah - i was thinking of setting up a weekly discussion at the LJ about malex (like a question of the week)

the only annoying this is that we don't really know enough about michael yet. i bet in about a month we will have some really great malex interaction but right now i can understand why people are wavering between ships because tbh there hasnt really been enough "romantic scenes" between any of the characters to fully support one ship if you know what i mean. thats what i've been getting from a lot of people on the internet anyway - they support more than one ship (e.g. thom/alex & thom/jaden)
Old 10-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

i love your idea and i will start working on the 10 reasons list right away
Old 10-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Extreme Fan

That is exactly the reason why we should not only discuss their moments but also write why we see it that way.
So the guests in the thread may be catch up our POV and ideas.
There was not so much "romantic" moment for other couple too and not a lot information about the characters. It is all about the tension, potential and how we see it. Remember in the interviews they said that scriptwriters for now are messing with all the characters and all the couples. It means that they wait for reaction. Before shooting the show producers usually have three or four different scripts and plan B as a back up for each of them if smth goes wrong, also the ways how to switch the events in the show from one script to the other and not to ruin the main line. That is why so many web and promotional sites for the show, they waiting for reactions. For now they got only squims and shipper goggles from everyone, so it is possible they will go for the line who have louder shippers. But there is a way to change it and to have a little influence on it. That is why we need some practical ideas too.
The question of the week is great idea,my friend. We can discuss what we saw and how we feel. If we will write about the things as - we notice each look, each secret glance, we see the tension and then kinda demand for more, we can changed situation. But we need to talk about the characters not the actors, that will make as different from Mikitas shippers and give as a stronger position, cause everything will be based not only on emotions but also on facts.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

who saw the new preview thats called team up it look like we r going to have malex more than we expected.
it's a must see preview.
it has malex
Old 10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Such amazing art, Pinkaliciuous!

What's the link to the preview?

Last edited by MadisonNorthFan; 10-16-2010 at 08:25 AM
Old 10-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Extreme Fan

oh yeah that preview give us hope!

u can watch preview in our livejournal

Last edited by Shaherezada; 10-16-2010 at 08:40 AM
Old 10-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Awww! a new Malex vid

Youtube - Michael & Alex | In My Veins
Old 10-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missou (View Post)
i love them!!! as u said a lot of "eye sex"
Old 10-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a lovely vid!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Made a Facebook fanpage:
Michael & Alex | Facebook
Old 10-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Great video! There eye contact sizzles.

The new promo is amazing, looks like the best episode so far!
Jess
Old 10-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It totally does look like the best eppy so far! and we had to wait 2 wks to get to it!! come on THURSDAY!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomikathryn. (View Post)
Made a Facebook fanpage:
Michael & Alex | Facebook
excellent!!!! thank u!!! now we can post there too..all the lists,pole results and ideas
Old 10-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensensGurl07 (View Post)
It totally does look like the best eppy so far! and we had to wait 2 wks to get to it!! come on THURSDAY!!!!
Im really looking forward to Malex scenes after reading the synopsis and watching the new promo, I think it's going to help us realize what Michaels feelings towards Alex are. Is she just another recruit or does he feel a deeper connection?
Jess