Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

SpyWare Scans

I think my computer is majorly affect with spy ware. Is there a scan somewhere online that I can see how much I have and get rid of it?

I have a free edition of pop-up stopper, and I've heard it has it. And is it bad for my computer?

I used to have Kazaa, but now I have KazaaLite which is supposed to be Spyware free.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 03-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Total Fan

Try this thread!
Old 03-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

I don't know what popup stopper you have but it's possible that it has spyware. Try the Google toolbar. It blocks more popups than the popup stopper I used to have and you can do a search without having to go to Google's site.

Old 03-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Total Fan

For the next Windows service pack, Microsoft will be including a version of Internet Explorer with automatic pop-up/pop-under prevention.

Good or bad, depending on your level of tech savvy and what you normally do while browsing...
Old 04-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I have a great spyware program that you can get for free, its called "Spybot-Search and Destroy" my dad works with computers for a living and he uses that on mine, its great, it detects over 5000 spyware things. The first time I ran it, I had over 300 lol
Old 04-04-2004, 06:40 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

u should also get Ad-aware (google is ur friend), that detects more than Spy Bot Search & Destroy.

as for blocking pop-ups. get MyIE2. it is much better than the google toolbar as it is built into the browser.

Quote:
Originally posted by jennarose:
<STRONG>I don't know what popup stopper you have but it's possible that it has spyware. Try the Google toolbar. It blocks more popups than the popup stopper I used to have and you can do a search without having to go to Google's site.</STRONG>
but when u go to d/l it, it will redirect u to the google site.

[ 04-04-2004: Message edited M姧åç}{è® ]