Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Nero Burning Rom Help

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I have a Q about my Nero Program: I can burn CD-R's just fine, but whenever I try to burn in a CD-RW it tells me that there's some kind of error and that I can't burn in the CD I put inside. Why is that?

A friend of mine told me that Nero had an Option where you choose between burning into CD-R's and CD-RW's. I've looked and looked but haven't been able to find it.

Yet, another friend told me that she has burned CD-RW's without changing any of its options.

Can someone help me?
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 04-04-2004, 04:45 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

what speed is ur burner and what speed is the disc ur trying to burn?

to find out the speed of ur burner look on the front of the drive. there should be 3 numbers. eg. 32X10X40X

the 1st number is the writing speed (CD-R), the 2nd number is the re-writing speed (CD-RW) and the 3rd number is the read speed (the speed at which ur CD-ROMs/music CDs r read at)

if the disc u r trying to burn has a higher number than ur CD-RW speed then u can't burn it.

to find out what speed the CD-RW disc can be burnt at look on the front or back cover. it will tell u at what speed it can re-write at.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Total Fan

Also, try it with a different brand of CD-RW: some burners are picky about what media they will accept.
Old 04-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M姧åç}{è®:
<STRONG>what speed is ur burner and what speed is the disc ur trying to burn?</STRONG>
52x24x53
Quote:
<STRONG>the 1st number is the writing speed (CD-R), the 2nd number is the re-writing speed (CD-RW) and the 3rd number is the read speed (the speed at which ur CD-ROMs/music CDs r read at)</STRONG>
thanks so much for that bit of info. i had no idea what those numbers meant! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Quote:
<STRONG>if the disc u r trying to burn has a higher number than ur CD-RW speed then u can't burn it.</STRONG>
the discs i have say 1x-4x speed. those numbers are lower than de CD-RW speed of my hardware. it doesn't burn! I'm so confused! [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

thanks for the reply [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
Old 04-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Total Fan

When you record a CD, you can set the speed at which it will be burnt; the numbers in (for example) a 24x10x40 do not mean you must use those speeds; all lower speeds can be chosen as well.

Try doing it at something like 4x speed, and see what happens.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

thanks for that tip. i'm gonna try that now, and brb to tell you whatever happened [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
Old 04-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ¤}{îÖ¤:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I have a Q about my Nero Program: I can burn CD-R's just fine, but whenever I try to burn in a CD-RW it tells me that there's some kind of error and that I can't burn in the CD I put inside. Why is that?

A friend of mine told me that Nero had an Option where you choose between burning into CD-R's and CD-RW's. I've looked and looked but haven't been able to find it.

Yet, another friend told me that she has burned CD-RW's without changing any of its options.

Can someone help me?</STRONG>
lol awe mine did that aswell.