Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-14-2007, 10:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Internet problems!!

The wired internet on my computer is broken, and no one can figure out how to fix it. The wireless works, if that helps. So, if I plug in an ethernet cord to the back of my Dell laptop (Latitude D620), the internet will not work. At first I thought it was the back of the computer, but Dell replaced the entire thing twice and still no internet. It's not the internet cord or the internet jack either, because my roommate's laptop works just fine on both. I'm wondering if I have some kind of weird setting on. Please help, it's really annoying because I don't have wireless in my apartment!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

go to your start menu then the control panel. once there look for networking connections (if you see network & internet connections choose that, then chose networking connections on the next screen). do you see a local area connection? if so double click on it. it will either say connected or something like that or a local area connection properties screen will come up with a white box in teh middle. let me know which you get.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Local Internet Connection said "disabled, firewalled." I double-clicked on it and it said, "enabling..." and then it said "connection failed!"
Old 11-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

What are you connecting to? Your home network?

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm connecting to my college network in my on-campus apartment. All of my roommates' computers can connect into my internet jack with my ethernet cord, so I know those are not defective.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

sounds like it maybe an issue with your networking card.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Is that something that can be fixed, or would I need to buy a new one?
Old 11-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Passionate Fan

If it's the card itself that is broken, it can't be repaired. You'll have to buy a new one.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers first. you might want to contact the laptop manufacturer for a walk through.