Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

Internet Explorer closing down

Sometimes, Internet Explorer needs to close down abruptly. It mentions some iexplorer problem.

This is very annoying. The computer freezes, until all Internet Explorer Windows are closed down.

Some other annoyance is that when you tell taskmaster to close one internet explorer window (that is not working properly) it closes all windows. (not just the one you selected).

Btw, I ran several anti-virus programs (including Trend Micro Online Virus Scan) that told me my computer is clean.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

ahh, the trials of internet explorer. here are your options.

1) go to microsoft.com and download patches. very handy since ie 6 is buggy as all get out.

2) download a program like firefox or myie2, both which can be found at download.com firefox is a mozilla / netscape based program, but surfs pretty well. myie2 is intergrated with ie but has worked out most of the bugs and doesn't crash even nearly as often.

3) make sure you frequently delete temporary internet files / offline content. having too many files to access can make the program run glitchy and slow.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

I have a question about IE, too. Within the last week for some reason, IE opens and like 57 windows pop up and my computer freezes and I can't do anything but reboot it. It's a pain in the butt and I'm getting tired of it. I tried deleting the program off my computer, hoping that would solve it, but it didn't. I've also cleaned out my Temp Internet Files and I thought that that had done the trick, but this afternoon, 57 windows opened up again. Help!
Old 04-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

n e r b l e thanks! I'll try the last two. I already downloaded all patches.

Lonely Smile I used to have that problem. It's darn annoying. At that time I had a virus. Never knew for certain though, if that was the cause of the windoes popping up. Just in case though, check your computer. Try Stinger by Mc.Affee. http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ Good luck! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

sounds like spyware. very similar to a virus but just different enough that most virus programs won't kill it. try getting spybot or adaware from download.com and that should fix it.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

I usually just log off the desktop, and if that doesn't work, I reboot my comp.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)