Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

I'm pretty sure that's all you have to do. You can try that to make sure.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

it's the same as any file type. you just use a program like winzip to create and unzip them and upload is just like a jpg or html file.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

I got bored today and decided to turn my sub-domain (which my friend gave me) into a website.

So this is my first go at coding and I haven't got too far yet. But my problem is that the header doesn't seem to be showing up anymore.

I made an image map out of it on 'imageready' and when I put the codes into the header php file it worked fine, then suddenly didn't work.

This is my site and these are the header/background codes. Ooh... and this is the header itself (without the image map).

Does anyone know where I went wrong or if there are any mistakes?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but as I am new to web design, I really am pretty clueless!

Figured it out.

Last edited by Mandasmal; 08-05-2006 at 12:00 PM
Old 08-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm having a few issues, and I'm not sure what has caused them or how to fix them. I made a layout for my new website Room To Breathe and it looks fine in IE but the problem is when you try to view it in firefox. When you open the site in firefox the tag board has been moved to the right side of the screen, instead of the left and the header has been moved down about 20 pixels or so. Anyone know how to fix this?

Bailee
Old 08-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

I'm working on a website and I've got a problem.

For each page, I've got an image (top left corner) and a half dozen buttons underneath it.

How to I get my text to display to the side of these images? There's plenty of room for both, as the images aren't too big and the text is centered. Still, I'm running into trouble however I try to code it.

Is frames the best way to go?

Thanks!

Edited to remove second question, which I found the answer to.

Last edited by AlexEvans; 08-12-2006 at 07:34 PM
Old 08-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

i can't picture what you're talking about. can you post the code you've got?
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

You want to put text in blank buttons in an image? ...Maybe a DIV layer on top of the image? I'd try that.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
Old 08-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Thanks both of you for the offer of help. I failed to respond earlier because I lost my internet connection for a week, and meanwhile hit on a solution.

I'm putting the buttons into a left-aligned table, with <br>'s under the buttons. This gives me a small pic and then button links in the top left corner of the page, with my text on the right. The pic and button links will be repeated on each page, I just have to copy and paste the table.

This will leave each page linkable (frames makes that problematic, unless I use a separate frameset for each page) and means I don't have to learn how to use CSS before getting the site completed. DIV layers are CSS, right? I may try to learn that later.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

DIV layers aren't CSS, they're just a positionable layer for a page. Have you ever used Photoshop? It's kind of the same thing. You add a layr and the code goes in there, kind of like a frame but not really.

...Unless if I am totally getting this wrong. But I used to live by DIV layers. A failsafe concept for a page layout.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Ahh. I never heard of that, but it sounds quite useful. The photoshop comparison helps.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Glad I could help. Maybe googling it would shed some more light.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

I have a couple of questions, I'm hoping none of them are to hard to solve.

1. When I put in all my links for my website, I didn't take into account the html file extension. So is there anyway I can change the url's not to include the file extension? I figure there must be, since most sites I know don't have it.

2. I don't suppose anyone has experience installing CuteNews?

3. For some reason my site displays strangely in IE, like the text streches accross the screen. But it displays perfectly for me in Firefox.
AbolishPuppyFactories

Last edited by Playing The Angel; 08-27-2006 at 04:58 AM
Old 08-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playing The Angel (View Post)
I have a couple of questions, I'm hoping none of them are to hard to solve.

1. When I put in all my links for my website, I didn't take into account the html file extension. So is there anyway I can change the url's not to include the file extension? I figure there must be, since most sites I know don't have it.
What do you mean? All files I know have a file extension.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykayelle (View Post)
What do you mean? All files I know have a file extension.
Just they don't always appear in the URL. Oh well, I fixed that, and my display issue problems.
AbolishPuppyFactories
Old 08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playing The Angel (View Post)
Just they don't always appear in the URL. Oh well, I fixed that, and my display issue problems.
Oh, well, OK.