Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Computer Problems

I hope I can post this here!
Friday my cousin downloaded all this crap onto my comptuer that put about 20 viruses and dozens of spyware programs on it. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Well, I got rid of the viruses finally and most of the spyware through Spybot and Adaware, but I still have the IE Search plugin thing that won't go away. I've even gone to the site to uninstall it, which is supposed to work according to others. Plus, there is something is making my browser just exit out for no reason. And I use Yahoo toolbar to block pop-ups, but everytime I re-login, it's not there. (Never had that problem before). I tried Google, and it's the same thing.

I run Windows XP. Does anyone know what I can do? I've tried everything I know (and that used to be a lot until this).
Old 04-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. Yahoo and that crap doesn't work, go to downloads.com and look up blok ups and down load something they have things for free and some that have trails. Try one and see if it works then more your cousin on your computer. Hope that helps! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Total Fan

Do a full antiviral scan of your entire system, after updating to the latest viral definition files. Enable heuristic scanning, make sure to check everything (instead of only program files).
Old 04-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

also, you may want to run a spyware scanner like spybot or adware. sometimes those cause toolbars and popups like that.