Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Addicted Fan

The Apple iPod

Here's the deal...I received an iPod for my birthday. I have a PC and I hooked up the software and everything.

On my computer I have a huge load of music saved. I have WindowsMediaPlayer and everytime I buy a CD, I pop it in the drive and copy the songs onto my media library. Then I put the CD away.

I also have a folder of songs I got off the net(these are from a long time again before it was officially illegal) that are also part of my media library.

Now when I tried to import music into the iTunes thing so I can transfer it to my iPod, for some reason it only brought up the songs that I got off the net. So then I went to "add folder to library" and tried to click on a folder of music, such as, Aaliyah, but it wouldn't bring anyway up. It wouldn't tell me why.

Now I was able to put in my Pink CD in the drive and put songs from there to the iPod.

My question is, am I doing something wrong? Do I need to change some kind of setting? Or am I gonna have to go and get my hundreds of CDs and put them in one by one to put the songs I want on my iPod?

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited eruvue ]
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
Old 01-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Total Fan

I myself use the program Apple provides called Musicmatch. It's not very hard to get used to the setting. Besides, once you plug in your iPod, it automatically goes to the place where you transfer your songs.