Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2004, 05:44 PM
New Fan

**PLEASE HELP**

I am in desperate need of a livejournal / deadjournal code. I am aware that livejournals are free now, but they're so limited. I need a code so I can use my HTML to make my own style. All other journal sites suck, and I really really need want a livejournal or deadjournal but I'm broke. =(.

If anyone cares...
1) I will make a layout for you if you want, OR...
2) I will make free avatars / AIM buddy icons / logos for you. OR...
3) I will put a link to your website on my journal, and tell people about it to increase the amount of traffic.

On top of that, I will return the code back to you when I get it.

If that's not good enough, tell me what you want. If you're a good person, and you have a code to spare, comment on my entry and send an email to mailto:onpaperxwings@hotmail.comonpaperxwings@hotmail.com</A>

thank you.

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited severthesky ]
Old 04-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by severthesky:
<STRONG>I am in desperate need of a livejournal / deadjournal code. I am aware that livejournals are free now, but they're so limited. I need a code so I can use my HTML to make my own style. All other journal sites suck, and I really really need want a livejournal or deadjournal but I'm broke. =(.</STRONG>

Hmm I don't get it... "I am aware that livejournals are free now, but they're so limited. I need a code so I can use my HTML to make my own style." So you, in other words, want a PAID account? Cause there are no "codes" now unless you *had* a paid account and had extra codes generated but unused, which you could turn in for some paid time. But I don't know the details of that - though I think most people already traded the codes in.

There's just two options; free or paid. There's no option of "those who signed up with a code". So if you want the not "so limited" one, you gotta pay.

And when you say you're broke, other people COULD buy you paid time - however, you gotta have a journal first to upgrade. And well, most people don't usually buy random people paid time =/ (Unfortunately... cause no one's bought me paid time either heh)

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited btvsrocks ]
Old 04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
New Fan

Ohhh...all right, thanks. I misunderstood the whole concept. I thought that when one person signed up, they were given a code, and they could give the code away. I think DeadJournal might do that, but I'm not completely sure.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I think DJ still goes by the code system but LJ doesn't. As btvsrocks said, it's either paid or free. And if the style is that important, shelling out $5 isn't gonna be that hard. That's like...a cafe mocha and a half from Starbucks or two happy meals from McDonalds.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:05 PM
New Fan

Yeah, $5 isn't too much money. The problem is, my computer is constantly having problems, so I'm afraid of losing my account and stuff. Otherwise I would definately pay it.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Total Fan

You won't lose your account - they had this whole announcement, the details allude me right now, about how they only delete accounts that are there for trolling purposes only (and would have a lot of complaints sent to lj abuse about it). I believe they said they don't delete accounts for inactivity. For example, I have an LJ from 2 years ago that's been dead for over a year, and it's still up and running.

Though the $5 is for a couple of months (?) so it's not really a longterm commitment or anything.
Old 04-13-2004, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

I think 5 dollars is for two months. So you could set it up and then have a layout made and then have it go back to the free account and I believe you get to keep that layout.
-Yellowcard-