Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

SEASON PREMIERE ~ 4.01 ~ “Aloha ke kahi I ke kahi” ~ September 27 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

4.01 “Aloha ke kahi I ke kahi”

“We Need Each Other”

Chi McBride Guest Stars as SWAT Captain Lou Grover, a Character That First Appeared in an Episode of the Original "Hawaii Five-0" Series, and Henry Ian Cusick Guest Stars as a Member of a Terrorist Organization

“Aloha ke kahi I ke kahi*” – After McGarrett and Wo Fat narrowly escape from maximum security, gunmen storm Five-0 headquarters, compromising Kono and Adam's secret location in Hong Kong and forcing McGarrett to break the law and turn on his own in order to find a kidnapped Catherine, on the fourth season premiere of HAWAII FIVE-0, on a new night, Friday, Sept. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Chi McBride guest stars as SWAT Captain Lou Grover, a character that first appeared in an episode of the original “Hawaii Five-0” series. Henry Ian Cusick guest stars as a member of a terrorist organization.

(*Aloha ke kahi I ke kahi is Hawaiian for “We Need Each Other”)

CHEAT TWEET: Sad that your summer vacay is over? Don’t B! #H50 is BACK! Get your ALOHA on #Five0Fridays! 9/27 9PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | AFTER GUNMEN STORM FIVE-0 HEADQUARTERS, McGARRETT MUST BREAK THE LAW TO FIND A KIDNAPPED CATHERINE, ON THE FOURTH SEASON PREMIERE OF “HAWAII FIVE-0,” ON A NEW NIGHT, FRIDAY, SEPT. 27

SERIES REGULARS:

Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)

Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)

Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)

Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)

Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)

Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)

Mark Dacascos (Wo Fat)

Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)

Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)

GUEST CAST:

Luis Carazo (Ricardo Cosi)

Henry Ian Cusick (Ernesto)

Luis R. Espinoza (Juan)

Eddie Fernandez (O’ahu Water and Power Worker #4)

Vancamp Popese (Tomas)

Martha Higareda (Flora)

Chi McBride (Captain Lou Grover)

Charlie Compuesto (Alejandro)

Shawn Thomsen (HPD Recruit Pua Kai)

El Condor (Nestor Serrano)

Brian Kasai (Security Guard)

Commanding Officer (Doug Thurston)

WRITTEN BY: Peter M. Lenkov and Ken Solarz

DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer
Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

OH MY GOD BEST PREMIERE EVER
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
OH MY GOD BEST PREMIERE EVER
WOW, that was so much better than last season premiere. Simple story, full of action and surprising appearance from Nestor Serrano. I already like Chi Mcbride's character. I hope to see more of him. My only complaint would be not enough of Kono and killing off Henry Ian Cusick. He would make a nice recurring villain. Keep up the good work guys
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Excellent episode! Great start for a new season Ohhhh did I had missed ninja McGarret.

There was amazing action and the story line was great!

The opening with Kono and Adam was cute I wonder how long Kono can live without her Ohana family.

After 4 months of waiting we know now how Steve helped WoFat how he took one guy down and used him as a shield was badass.

Chin’s badassery when he find out what happend downstairs in the Palace was awesome to watch thank God Chin was just in time to warn Steve and Danny.

Love! Love! Danny this episode with his chit cheat all the time

We got some great McDanno moments especially in the basement The way Danny opens up to Steve about Gabby while Steve was doing CPR great timing btw Danny was hilarious!! Danny told Steve about Gabby and the fact that he was going to say "I love you" with Gabby, and Steve said "Maybe you should be sure abt that before saying smt like this to a woman. Once you say it, you can't unsay it. Its a serious thing" made Danny thinking.

The look on Steve´s face when the phone called and he found out that Cath had been kidnapped will remind him on the day his dad died and hearing Cath saying almost the same as his dad did shocked him up the fear in his eyes of losing Cath was unbearable for him he even broke the law again to get his girl back.

The moment Steve finds her and see his girl is okay he almost broke in tears all he could do was hug her and kiss her if he never want to let her go no doubt in my mind these two are ment to be they are in love I so love to see this side of Steve.

The fact that Grover got in Steve's face and called him out for his actions already earned him some serious points with me. I like the addition of Grover so far He's creative, competent, and has lots of personality. I hope he's an interesting counter to the 5-0 team.

Max and Kamekona appearing and being all worried about their ohana was a truly nice touch, But WHAT happen to Fong last time we heard from him was Max saying to Steve he was in bad shape.

RIP DC (Danno's Camaro) and a special computer table

Toast being back will forever please me, especially the continuity of him being Danny’s resource

So is Steve going to do a DNA test. About time, he has he finally caught onto the rest of us. But for sure he is NOT WoFat brother that is to obvious Peter will come up with something else

I really miss Kono being part of the team we all know the reason so I can live with that but they better give her a awesome SL when she is back round mid season.

I really enjoyed this episode and can't wait till next week.

Last edited by Immunity; 09-28-2013 at 09:36 AM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Extreme Fan

An overall great season premiere. Pretty good storyline, top notch acting by the whole cast, full of great moments, chases, explosions!!

Random Thoughts:

Although Wo Fat, as a villain may be a little diminished with his association with the whole Shelbourne mess, IMO his interactions with Steve are still some of the best the series has to offer. You know, Wo Fat is evasive, Steve gets pissed etc. I thought we saw more raw emotion out of Wo Fat in this eppie than in any other encounter with Steve. Kudos to Mark Dacascos' acting!!

Plenty of Sgt. Duke!!!

Ahhh shirtless and "action hero" Steve. I missed you!!

I loved the concern and relief Kamekono and Max showed for their Ohana and Kamekono's exchange with the young cop was a cute moment.

I like Toast and the continuity bringing him back.

I enjoyed Chin's scenes the most. IMO Chin is the most complete character on the show and possibly the backbone of 5-0. He showed his badass and his compassionate side it this eppie. Can anyone explain to me WHY this character is ever shoved into the background?!!

Although I enjoyed Adam and Kono's scenes, she will be missed solving cases with 5-0 and I hope she returns soon.

Danny, what would we do without your Sarcasm-With-A-Purpose? He remains the voice of Steve's conscience (although does he ever seem to get through?). It has been enjoyable to see his partnership and friendship with Steve grow. His conversation with Steve in the basement about Gabby is kind of a "blind leading the blind" conversation. Hopefully (but I am not hopeful) that Danny and Gabby stay together.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lou Grover!!! Chi McBride pulls off the tough guy cop quite well and I have always loved him. I will reserve judgment over the unorthodox methods until I see more of him but I thought what he did in this eppie wasn't over the top. But do you know why I like Grover the best? He is going to challenge Steve, butt heads with Steve and call Steve on his actions. With the most respect, because of his "semi-immunity", Steve seems to think that he can run amoke and Grove, if written right, could challenge it. Grover was right to confront Steve with his actions concerning the prisoners. I realise it was to save Catherine but Steve was still wrong. I am REALLY looking forward to more of their interactions.

At the risk of upsetting offending or getting Catherine or McRollins fans mad at me (I apologize in advance) I enjoyed her part the least and thought it was the weakest part of this eppie. Because of my frustrations with the way the series has gone in the last couple of seasons, I have no interest in Catherine or McRollins anymore which is too bad because I did like her at one point. But why do the writers continue to put her in situations that push the limits of credibilty? She isn't HPD or 5-0, so what was she doing with a gun in the climactic scene? This is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. IMO McRollins anymore adds drama to a show (especially if spoilers remain) that has too much drama already (think Doris). Maybe I am just sick of Steve drama, but I would like to see much of the personal drama pushed into the background and just get back to what most of this eppie represented. It kind of reminds me of the old saying "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" With 5-0 anymore it seems as if I was watching a soap opera and a precedural show broke out. Admittedly though this eppie was better than most lately.

A much better season premiere from last year. Looking forward to Tim Daly and hopefully more Chi McBride next week.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really a good episode I agree with everybody.

Best premiere ever as it is only going to get better. As Chi McBride hopefully will continue to challenge Steve and the Five 0 team. More of Steve as Chi really called him out on his actions and all of that.

Understand that Steve had to save his girlfriend. But to the expense of the state and the nation. Due to the fact, he had to release the prisoners. That is a threat to national security.

But really though Chi was going to punch out Steve and Steve get up and understanding that Chi had a right to call him out and get mad at him. Steve should had let Chi in our his plan or Chi would had not gotten mad at him.

Steve as much as I love him. Still Steve is really getting away with way too much leeway and the power has really gone through to his head. His arrogance needed to be called out into question.

Surprised that Danny did not get upset at Steve and blasted him for his beloved Camaro getting blow to pieces. But he handled it with class as his comic relief thing is really a great thing to Steve's straight man act.

Miss Kono and now she is in danger. Her and Adam as the ending was something else.

Chin Ho really is becoming a character in his own right. And really had to struggle for awhile on on his own.

RIP Danny's Camaro!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:22 PM
New Fan

Should be renamed Hawaii Crap-O.

Superman Mcgarrett saves Wo Fat by taking out several terrorists unarmed - c'mon. Would have been more realistic if Spiderman had jumped out from behind the corridor.

Mcgarrett overpowers an entire SWAT team armed with a handgun ? WWE wrestling is more believable than this.
charlieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Moderator Manager

The realism of the show is non-existent since the beginning, so it's not something that bothers me so much anymore.... but I agree, somethings can be way out of touch
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:17 AM
Extreme Fan

I watched the episode last night and I am not sure what I think about it.I liked the dynamic and I enjoyed watching it because of the so many things that were happening but on the other hand I felt like they were putting so many bits at one time and it wasnt necessary.I was sure even before I watched it that this was something I wouldnt like.It is like they are shooting their best bullets all at once.

One thing that I didnt like for sure was the moment when Danny told Steve about Gabby.It was like out of nowhere.Also the way Steve jumped on the helicopter was way too unrealistic and then they went to grab a beer and no one thought of going to the hospital.

But as Si said the show is unrealistic from the start and I take what it gives.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehowsundown (View Post)
I watched the episode last night and I am not sure what I think about it.I liked the dynamic and I enjoyed watching it because of the so many things that were happening but on the other hand I felt like they were putting so many bits at one time and it wasnt necessary.I was sure even before I watched it that this was something I wouldnt like.It is like they are shooting their best bullets all at once.

One thing that I didnt like for sure was the moment when Danny told Steve about Gabby.It was like out of nowhere.Also the way Steve jumped on the helicopter was way too unrealistic and then they went to grab a beer and no one thought of going to the hospital.

But as Si said the show is unrealistic from the start and I take what it gives.

I liked it a lot it remembers me on the pilot when Steve got the same phone and his father got killed this time he took no risk he broke to law to safe Cath.

I agree Danny's timing was bad that is something to talk about over a beer not when your friend does CPR on a suspect...............Alex did really jump on the helicopter I found it awesome!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I wonder how the bad guys captured Cath.She is furious but it is a movie after all.They didint show it.

I noticed that after saving her Steve told Cath that the bad guys only think they got away.And in truth Steve sent only Chin after them.I know Chin is very skillful but really...only him...

I dont know I am probably critising much but I started watching the show that way.I am enjoying it as always and those things dont bother me much but they exist.Just wanted to share some thoughts.

I am going to miss the camaro... I know Danny will probably get another one but the carguments wont me the same...

Old 09-30-2013, 01:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by somehowsundown (View Post)
I wonder how the bad guys captured Cath.She is furious but it is a movie after all.They didint show it.

I noticed that after saving her Steve told Cath that the bad guys only think they got away.And in truth Steve sent only Chin after them.I know Chin is very skillful but really...only him...

I dont know I am probably critising much but I started watching the show that way.I am enjoying it as always and those things dont bother me much but they exist.Just wanted to share some thoughts.

I am going to miss the camaro... I know Danny will probably get another one but the carguments wont me the same...
The abductors probably took her by force. The guy that stop by her car asking if she needed help was working for that "El Condro" guy, so he probably pretended to go look under her car with her a struck her.

And don't worry about critising. It just means you care, and critics make "you" , in this case, them, improve
Cath4Sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree Danny's timing was bad that is something to talk about over a beer not when your friend does CPR on a suspect
Even though it wasn't the world's best time, I got the feeling he brought it up to take his mind off of their situation. Hopefully, it will be discussed later.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cath4Sas (View Post)
The abductors probably took her by force. The guy that stop by her car asking if she needed help was working for that "El Condro" guy, so he probably pretended to go look under her car with her a struck her.

And don't worry about critising. It just means you care, and critics make "you" , in this case, them, improve
Yeah,I guess it took her byt force but I always find it interesting how they show invincible normally but for the purpose of the show even Cath can become a lady in distress. But this is normal.

Thank you...because these days I feel like I am critising the show too much and it makes me feel bad but I just like perfection. and also...dont know if I have told this before but my father is a cop(an ex cop actually) and he finds the wrong things in those kind of show like all the time and probably he taught me this.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Don't beat yourself up about over analyzing the show. I do that ALL the time. Being critics about the show doesn't make us any less fans than people who only praise it.
I think critics are always good, means that we care enough about the show to actually see the flaws in the writing.
Also, this is why we have the board, so we can praise just as much as criticize things without feeling guilty about it.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread