Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Yeah but not all the time. And Danny should get over it already He's such a baby... but that's why I love him
Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Moderator Manager

I love the carguments.... but I do have to admit that some of them seem too forced and kind of annoying.
It was cool when it just happened, but latelly it feels like their pushing it just to have at least one cargument every episode, and that's why some people are starting to dislike Danny a little, because it seems like he's always whinning about something.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

My point exactly, Si! Danny's becoming the nagger of the two and it's not good to watch. I found myself rolling my eyes in that last cargument. Ugh.

Also, I want to see Danny's dog again! He should have it or at least get another one.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa (View Post)
Ahh, I see, but I kinda liked it because it showed that Danny is still angry at Steve for just taking off and not even letting them know what's up. I thought it was the more "natural" one?

I think people make a huge deal about carguments though, and maybe that's why TPTB feels they need to put them in?
But what did Danny expect Steve to put in the letter. He was going to find Shelburne, what else could he have said. And when he's on a mission he can't be phoning home every day just to keep Danny happy. Danny is turning into a mother hen and treating Steve as if he was a child who needs to check in with him all the time. Hasn't he known Steve long enough now to know how he operates and what kind of person he is.
Comparing Steves mission to Dannys phone call just made me roll my eyes and the line about no "my own" in friendship was like something my teenage daughers would say.

The carguments are becoming so predictable and lame that I now dread them.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was just so abrupt that he left and.. I don't think danny wants Steve to call him everyday. I think for him it's more like, after a couple days at least call to say that "hey, I'm still alive, looking for Shelburne, how's it going over tehre?" kinda thing and not just leave on very short notice + not even call to say you're alive until weeks after.

Plus, Steve has a job right now as the leader of Five-0. It was a bit unprofessional for him to just drop everything and leave all the work to the rest of his team. It's not like he has been planning to leave to search for Shelburne in advanced and has given notice that he is going on vacation...
Old 05-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was just so abrupt that he left and.. I don't think danny wants Steve to call him everyday. I think for him it's more like, after a couple days at least call to say that "hey, I'm still alive, looking for Shelburne, how's it going over tehre?" kinda thing and not just leave on very short notice + not even call to say you're alive until weeks after.

Plus, Steve has a job right now as the leader of Five-0. It was a bit unprofessional for him to just drop everything and leave all the work to the rest of his team. It's not like he has been planning to leave to search for Shelburne in advanced and has given notice that he is going on vacation...
Old 05-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
How would Danny cope then if Steve was deployed. Steve is military and used to being in dangerous situations and Danny needs to treat him like a grown up and not a child. Chin understood Steves position and as Steve said he didnt want anyone to know where he was. But like the classifed issue, Danny always has to make a big thing about everything. Classifed means "classified". It's information that cannot be shared with anyone who hasn't got clearance, that means close friends and even family but again Danny has to take umbrance with that as well.

Quote:
Steve is allowed personal time off. How would the team cope if he had to leave suddenly for a death in the family or if Steve was injured. It doesn't matter why he left, they should be able to carry on without him. But Danny has no skills imo and that's why he didnt step up to the task when Steve was away.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I get this. I agree.

You just said my point. He's the leader and he should act like one. A leader doesn't abandon you, even if it's for personal reasons. And Steve did abandon the team that first time he left. At least he had the decency this second time to call Danny first to let him know.

A leader is supposed to endorse his work to his subordinates or second-in-command if he's leaving so that in his absence, the SIC/team would know what to do or say if asked by the top boss (Governor). I'm actually surprised that Steve hasn't informed the Governor about this - at least on screen. Remember the time he was always talking to the Governor about stuff? Yeah, neither do I, it's so long ago.

Quote:
But Danny has no skills imo and that's why he didnt step up to the task when Steve was away.
I disagree. Danny wouldn't have been put in Five-0 if he didn't have special skills. I don't know if the writers are planning on doing an episode about that, but I'm sure he's got something to contribute. It's easy to brush him off because he's always yakking and being the "funny one" but that's how he was written and Scott can only do so much with that he's given.

I'm biased I love Scott.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How would Danny cope then if Steve was deployed. Steve is military and used to being in dangerous situations and Danny needs to treat him like a grown up and not a child. Chin understood Steves position and as Steve said he didnt want anyone to know where he was. But like the classifed issue, Danny always has to make a big thing about everything. Classifed means "classified". It's information that cannot be shared with anyone who hasn't got clearance, that means close friends and even family but again Danny has to take umbrance with that as well.
But that's a different scenario. If he is deployed and he leaves Danny a letter or voicemail, text whatever saying he has been deployed then at least Danny and Five-0 knows he isn't going into a totally unknown situation in dropping off grid to look for Wo Fat.

At least with being called back to the Navy he knows where Steve is. With looking for Shelburne, it's an unknown variable. Wiht the Navy at least Steve has some people looking after him, but he's alone in looking for Shelburne. No one has his back. if he dies, they won't even know the first palce where they can look for him.

If he goes missing, same thing.

Quote:
Steve is allowed personal time off. How would the team cope if he had to leave suddenly for a death in the family or if Steve was injured. It doesn't matter why he left, they should be able to carry on without him. But Danny has no skills imo and that's why he didnt step up to the task when Steve was away.
But those are different scenarios.

I don't think I can tell my boss at work right now to say "Sorry, I have to look for this suspicious guy who's possibly connected with my family's murder. I'm going to be away from work for Id on't even know how long."

If it's a death in the family, sickness, then yes, those are expected causes for emergencies that my manager would have accounted for as possible scenarios, but if I take time off to investigate something that may not even be true, they'd ask me to go to the normal procedure of taking vacation requests.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can I be added to the list pls?
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 08-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course, welcome!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome here Josie
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what's coming up for them this season, Seems like both have a lot on their plate.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wonder what's coming up for them this season, Seems like both have a lot on their plate.
Yeah but no matter what they get thrown at them they are friends forever they will be there for each other for sure!!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. I can't wait to see how Danny will react towards knowing Steve's mom is actually alive.