Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Collins (View Post)
10 amazing mcdanno years, and I am so glad to have made friends with you all.
Same here Sid the love for these two man brought us together
Old 04-03-2020, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Same here Sid the love for these two man brought us together
yeah. They have a wonderful friendship.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 04-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

I was so disappointed by how their scenes ended, it was a big let down to see Steve just say goodbye to Danny like that.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
I was so disappointed by how their scenes ended, it was a big let down to see Steve just say goodbye to Danny like that.
I think they had a great ending. I kinda assumed that he would leave Hawaii, but in their conversations in the finale, it seemed to be that he wouldn't leave Hawaii forever, so I think he will be back. Sometimes you aren't going to live in the same place as a best friend, but you stay in touch. I don't think it was a forever goodbye.

Old 04-04-2020, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

I truly hope that Steve does come back to see Danny, and it's not years before they see each other again.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I had a big problem with that too. For Steve to say he only stayed to solve his dads case and now it’s over. So I’m leaving. It was like he was saying nothing else mattered to him.

I assume the writers didn’t mean it that way but that’s how I took it. I think it would have been better if they weren’t trying to bring the show back without Steve. I just hate they sent him off like that. IMO he would never leave his ohana and Eddie like that.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangirl49 (View Post)
I had a big problem with that too. For Steve to say he only stayed to solve his dads case and now it’s over. So I’m leaving. It was like he was saying nothing else mattered to him.

I assume the writers didn’t mean it that way but that’s how I took it. I think it would have been better if they weren’t trying to bring the show back without Steve. I just hate they sent him off like that. IMO he would never leave his ohana and Eddie like that.
I just didn't see it as Steve was leaving forever. Because even when he was telling Lincoln to "hold the fort down" I feel like he wouldn't have said that if he didn't intend on coming back. I think that he intended on taking a short break from everything and I can understand doing that having a change of scenery.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
I think they had a great ending. I kinda assumed that he would leave Hawaii, but in their conversations in the finale, it seemed to be that he wouldn't leave Hawaii forever, so I think he will be back. Sometimes you aren't going to live in the same place as a best friend, but you stay in touch. I don't think it was a forever goodbye.
I think you are right, maybe because I think the same.

I would be disappointed with the good bye and leaving the island if steve has left for good, but he is coming back so it was "just" a good bye for some time (a few month I guess).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangirl49
It was like he was saying nothing else mattered to him.

IMO he would never leave his ohana and Eddie like that.
I think he showed several times (including the last episode) that there was more on the island than that and I am sure he didn't mean it that way.

no, he wouldn't leave them that way it is for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23
I think that he intended on taking a short break from everything
think that too and I also think that it was about time to do that.
his life was never easy, but the last two years with losing joe and his mother and now almost danny I think he desperately needed the break. and I also think that catherine is the one person to help him with that - but that is a post for a different thread.

Last edited by nuwanda; 04-04-2020 at 11:30 AM
Old 04-04-2020, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwanda (View Post)
I think you are right, maybe because I think the same.

I would be disappointed with the good bye and leaving the island if steve has left for good, but he is coming back so it was "just" a good bye for some time (a few month I guess).
Yeah. Especially since Danny was mentioning a sabbatical. I think that is all it is, and he is just taking a sabbatical to find happiness in his life in other areas of his life (meaning not his work) because I think that is the part of his life that was missing the happiness so ending the series with him leaving with Cath made even more sense. Because when he was with Cath while working with 5-0 it balanced his life out, but when he wasn't with her anymore it didn't get balanced. So I. see him coming back to Hawaii with his life re-balanced and he can sit on the beach and watch the sunset with Danny like they planned, but this time he has happiness outside of work. I do see Steve going back to 5-0, but when he does he won't go back to it in full force like he did for so long.

Quote:
I think that too and I also think that it was about time to do that.
his life was never easy, but the last too years with losing joe and his mother and now almost danny I think he desperately needed the break. and I also think that catherine is the one person to help him with that - but that is a post for a different thread.
Yeah, I think after everything he has gone through recently with losing Joe and his mom he really needed it, but then almost losing Danny yet another person he loves I feel that it was the final straw that made him really go through with the break from it all. And he needed a change of scenery to do it.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah. Especially since Danny was mentioning a sabbatical. I think that is all it is, and he is just taking a sabbatical to find happiness in his life in other areas of his life (meaning not his work) because I think that is the part of his life that was missing the happiness so ending the series with him leaving with Cath made even more sense. Because when he was with Cath while working with 5-0 it balanced his life out, but when he wasn't with her anymore it didn't get balanced. So I. see him coming back to Hawaii with his life re-balanced and he can sit on the beach and watch the sunset with Danny like they planned, but this time he has happiness outside of work. I do see Steve going back to 5-0, but when he does he won't go back to it in full force like he did for so long.

Yeah, I think after everything he has gone through recently with losing Joe and his mom he really needed it, but then almost losing Danny yet another person he loves I feel that it was the final straw that made him really go through with the break from it all. And he needed a change of scenery to do it.
I agree with you on both statements - again
Old 04-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
I agree with you on both statements - again
When he does go back to Hawaii with a family or starting a family, maybe he goes back to 5-0 or maybe not, but either way I don't think he'd go back to 5-0 as preoccupied with cases as he was.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
maybe he goes back to 5-0 or maybe not, but either way I don't think he'd go back to 5-0 as preoccupied with cases as he was.
think that too. and I know sometimes it really helps to get away from everything just for a few weeks. okay, in his case maybe a few month, but it will definitely help him.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
think that too. and I know sometimes it really helps to get away from everything just for a few weeks. okay, in his case maybe a few month, it will definitely help him.
Yeah, it definitely will. Like Danny said before, with the job, you can get burnt out. And maybe he never showed it or maybe he bottled everything up, but sometimes you just hit a breaking point and I think Steve did just that.

Old 04-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Like Danny said before, with the job, you can get burnt out. And maybe he never showed it or maybe he bottled everything up, but sometimes you just hit a breaking point and I think Steve did just that.
don't even think that steve had the problems with "just" 5-0, I think it is more or less because of the things he has done, seen and experienced as a SEAL and all the losses he had to cope with over the last few years and the guilt he feels about nearly all of them
Old 04-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
don't even think that steve had the problems with "just" 5-0, I think it is more or less because of the things he has done, seen and experienced as a SEAL and all the losses he had to cope with over the last few years and the guilt he feels about nearly all of them
Yeah, he did go through a lot as a SEAL and he did say a few seasons back that the loss oh his friend in the SEALS also brought him back to Hawaii so I think that when Danny got shot it was his breaking point and it brought a lot of the past hurt back to him. He couldn't another "brother".

Closed Thread   Post New Thread