Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Yeah?? I haven't seen it...
I did find it weird that based on gifsets it seemed like he only had scenes with Joe
He also had one scene with Cath and Steve he ask Steve what he could to do to help but w didn't saw anything and then we got the scene with Joe in the car,. This was only put in for the Danny's fans IMO it added nothing to the storyline. I hope in the future when one of the main cast is not available for what kind of reason they will let that character out the episode.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Moderator Manager

I think leaving a main character out of the episode would have a very bad repercussion. If they put meaningless scenes at least the hardcore fans won't bitch about it too much
Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think leaving a main character out of the episode would have a very bad repercussion. If they put meaningless scenes at least the hardcore fans won't bitch about it too much
The problem was they bitch a lot, twitter went crazy again after the episode the majority of the Danny fan base said that Cath took over Danny's job. I think Peter would have better said in the press release that Scott was not availbale to play in this episode then the Danny fans had a choice to watch it without Danny or to skip it totally.

Last edited by Immunity; 10-31-2013 at 01:28 PM
Old 10-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
The problem was they bitch a lot, twitter went crazy again after the episode the majority of the Danny fan base said that Cath took over Danny's job. I think Peter would have better said in the press release that Scott was not availbale to play in this episode then the Danny fans had a choice to watch it without Danny or to skip it totally
The bitching about it is inevitable. But I think PL still prefers that over risking announcing that one lead is not going to be present, and having the ratings fall. The network don't check twitter on a daily basis, so the bad comments and all means nothing unless the ratings are affected.
As for Cath taking over Danny's job... I haven't watched the episodes so I can't say... but it does bother me having her running around Hawaii carrying a gun like she is an officer. And yeah, she is part of a private security firm now, but they carry guns to protect, but don't really run around chasing bad guys and stuff. So I can understand some of the complaints.

Last edited by Immunity; 10-31-2013 at 01:28 PM
Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The bitching about it is inevitable. But I think PL still prefers that over risking announcing that one lead is not going to be present, and having the ratings fall. The network don't check twitter on a daily basis, so the bad comments and all means nothing unless the ratings are affected.
As for Cath taking over Danny's job... I haven't watched the episodes so I can't say... but it does bother me having her running around Hawaii carrying a gun like she is an officer. And yeah, she is part of a private security firm now, but they carry guns to protect, but don't really run around chasing bad guys and stuff. So I can understand some of the complaints.

Well if PL is willing to take that risk it's on him lucky for him the ratings are good sofar.

The fans only complaint about Cath taken over Danny job in the last episode in episode 2,3,4, Cath was hardly to be seen she had maybe 4/5 min screen time. As for Cath running around chasing bad guys the opinions are divided some say it's ridiclous some say it's allowed in the US. I have no idea what a private security firm can or can't do so I take it what they show me.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
Well if PL is willing to take that risk it's on him lucky for him the ratings are good sofar.

The fans only complaint about Cath taken over Danny job in the last episode in episode 2,3,4, Cath was hardly to be seen she had maybe 4/5 min screen time. As for Cath running around chasing bad guys the opinions are divided some say it's ridiclous some say it's allowed in the US. I have no idea what a private security firm can or can't do so I take it what they show me.
I actually think PL is making the right choice. Ratings count more than complains. He wants the show to continue, and it's not like he takes fan's opinion too serious

Like I said, I didn't watch, so I have no idea about Cath taking over whoever's place. But the whole private security been allowed to run around chasing bad guys, that's way too far fetched. It's a ridiculous notion. They can have guns, and actually use them against people attacking who they are supposed to protect. But can't go acting like officers in law. When they cross path with something suspicious they are obliged to inform the law enforcements and let them handle things. Otherwise they would all be a bunch of vigilantes and pseudo super heroes.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I actually think PL is making the right choice. Ratings count more than complains. He wants the show to continue, and it's not like he takes fan's opinion too serious

Like I said, I didn't watch, so I have no idea about Cath taking over whoever's place. But the whole private security been allowed to run around chasing bad guys, that's way too far fetched. It's a ridiculous notion. They can have guns, and actually use them against people attacking who they are supposed to protect. But can't go acting like officers in law. When they cross path with something suspicious they are obliged to inform the law enforcements and let them handle things. Otherwise they would all be a bunch of vigilantes and pseudo super heroes.
I agree ratings count more the the fans opinion, He only listen once that was when Lori was on the show.

Good point! I was always wondering what they can do I've seen many PI shows in the past some who worked on their one and some who worked with the Police but it's TV so nothing will go bye the law I guess.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Thank God he listened to it regarding Lori.... No offense to Lauren, but Lori was the biggest mistake in H50 history.

Well, like you said, it's just a show, so unrealistic things are expected .... just ticks me off sometimes.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lori was ok but really did not match up with the Five 0 cast.

But really if Scott left, a lot or really all of Five 0 would be there no more.

It would be lacking wit and charm and Scott brings both!
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I agree... I don't see how the show could survive without Scott/Danny.
I can see it managing if Kono or Chin left, but not Steve or Danny..... Hopefully that won't happen anytime soon
Old 11-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
^ I agree... I don't see how the show could survive without Scott/Danny.
I can see it managing if Kono or Chin left, but not Steve or Danny..... Hopefully that won't happen anytime soon
I don't either. In the original series, Kono left after season four and the show lasted 8 more seasons, so it is possible to survive after a main character leaves. I don't remember the original well enough to speak to the chemistry of those four characters, but I think the show would suffer if either Chin or Kono left because of the chemistry between the Core Four. However if Scott did choose to leave, IMO the show would fail. Not only that, while I have heard Scott isn't as happy in Hawaii as some of the other cast members and has many irons in the fire, I would stilll question what is happening behinds the scenes to cause Scott to be unhappy enough to leave.

Quote:
Like I said, I didn't watch, so I have no idea about Cath taking over whoever's place. But the whole private security been allowed to run around chasing bad guys, that's way too far fetched. It's a ridiculous notion. They can have guns, and actually use them against people attacking who they are supposed to protect. But can't go acting like officers in law. When they cross path with something suspicious they are obliged to inform the law enforcements and let them handle things. Otherwise they would all be a bunch of vigilantes and pseudo super heroes
Si is right here; private security isn't law enforcement and is to yield to them in certain circumstances, so having Catherine participate in these situations is just ridiculous and so unrealistic.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
I don't either. In the original series, Kono left after season four and the show lasted 8 more seasons, so it is possible to survive after a main character leaves. I don't remember the original well enough to speak to the chemistry of those four characters, but I think the show would suffer if either Chin or Kono left because of the chemistry between the Core Four. However if Scott did choose to leave, IMO the show would fail. Not only that, while I have heard Scott isn't as happy in Hawaii as some of the other cast members and has many irons in the fire, I would stilll question what is happening behinds the scenes to cause Scott to be unhappy enough to leave.

For sofar I know Kono was not one of the main cast in 1968 so when he left the show could go on without him and the time was different these day's fans have more input about what they like and don't like the producers will not always listen but for sure the keep it in mind. If these day's Chin or Kon would leave the show will suffer big IMO they belong to the core 4 in which we all fell in love in season 1................If Scott will get time off to do other projects to, I don't see him leaving H5O for the next 2 years.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree with you girls, if anyone of the Core four left, it would really affect the show, but still, I think that depending on how it's written, and as long as it's not Steve or Danny, the public would recover. It's all about good writing, and how emotional and consequences that would bring to the characters that remain.

I don't think Scott is upset because of anything related to behind the scenes things. Scott never hid that he doesn't like to live away from LA. And since he likes to engage in other projects, Hawaii is not a good place to handle things. I actually don't think he would break his contract (if it's even true that both him and Alex signed for 7 years), if the ratings go well, I'm almost certain he will stick around. What could happen is he negotiate more time off and less screentime (maybe TPTB is trying the waters with episodes like last week )
Old 11-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Jeff (the stunt coordinator) posted this

Quote:
Behind the scenes of Hawaii 5-0.
Scott told me he could do a gainer.
I called him out! ...... Fail
Old 11-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting this Si

At least they all had fun
Closed Thread   Post New Thread