Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes the Doris story does seem to be dragging. So she is a normal person 2/3 of the time, until something comes up and shes a former CIA operative? I wasn't sure if Mick was still trailing her or it was a joke. But he definitely wasn't there when she was robbed. Steve finally asking the right questions to find out what was stolen. The microfiche had a lot of info. on CIA. As she told her handler on the phone it could mean trouble. "Doris, I didn't expect to hear from you, again." "I hoped you wouldn't ," she replied. "Are you safe?" he asked. "Not for Long". she returned. Will it escalate this? And isn't it time for Joe White to return? I believe the Champ box story has more to do with Wo Fat then Doris, but it could be intertwined.
Catherine did a great job Roller Derbying. The same situation was used on Bones with Angela earlier in the Season.
I kinda suspected the Coach Eric Blair had something to do with it. It was nice to add that he didn't catch Catherine"Alice Trooper" I think her Skater name was. He thought "Crimson Bride" had fiddled with his laptop. But the doped Lingerie pics threw me. They find out he was Larry Banks with a record.
Danny's Roller Derby knowledge was unexpected. But NY does have teams.
Dana Moore, dead woman whos ex was John Hanson, a Hasseloff type life guard and bookie Ted Landry I figured were just dead ends. They came to early in show, lol.
Steve and Catherine's make up on beach was just right. Quiet and a big hug. Eyes did say all. it was a decent show.

Last edited by webruce; 03-19-2013 at 01:26 PM Reason: to make it easier to read.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I rather liked this eppie. Thought the whole roller derby SL was an interesting one. Not a sport I would like to try

Random Thoughts:

--Thought Coach Blair redefined the word "creepy".

--I don't mind Dog the Bounty Hunter but I thought it was kind of a waste of a guest star.

--Did anyone besides me think Steve looked smokin' hot in his black shirt and pants?

--I got a kick out of Danny's knowledge of Roller Derby and that his mom loved it.

--Ummm, did Steve get promoted to Admiral while we weren't looking? Does he really have the authority or influence to go to Catherine's CO and "borrow" her for a UC assignment? Seemed a bit unrealistic to me.

--Despite the fact that it was Steve asking Catherine AGAIN for another favor, I thought that scene was kind of funny. All the actors played off each other so well.

--I really thought Catherine was going to take Steve to task for getting the first place replacement arrested for unpaid parking tickets when Catherine finished second. He needed to.

--I enjoyed all of Catherine's scenes UC and liked watching her bond with the other girls.

--I KNEW Steve was going to go off the deep end about Catherine keeping Doris' secret. Did you notice when he was getting into it with Doris, Steve said that he and Catherine HAD a good thing?

--If that was Steve and Catherine's "rocky road", we should all be so lucky (although the whole "favor girl" STILL hasn't been addressed) Seriously, glad to see them make up in the end. It also showed me that Steve's anger was directed at who it SHOULD be directed at: Doris.

--Speaking of her, can Doris get any more arrogant?!! Of all the things she's said and done, the thing that makes me the most irritated at her was after Steve telling her that he has "issues, trust issues", Doris told him to "Get over it"

Oh, okay Doris you're right, Steve, you should get over it, You should just get over the last twenty years: the trama of your mom's "death" which scarred you and permanently changed the course of your life, watching your father grieve and then sending you away while he chased your mom's "killers", and listened on the phone while your father's head is blown off by the man hunting your mom's sorry, old, bony, CIA spy butt.

-- And can someone explain to me the logic of hiding a microfilm that could, in the wrong hands, threaten the lives of innocent people, in a house with her husband and two children?!! Geeze and if she says one more time, I did it to protect you I WILL SCREAM!!!!

--Sorry for the rant but frankly the woman shouldn't have reproduced--or stayed dead.

--Doris needs to go away.

A good eppie. If I think of more, I will write more later.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wasn't sure I was gonna like this episode, but I was pleasantly surprised I really enjoyed it.

Typical H-50 hyping the "Dog the Guest Star" and giving him 30 seconds but you will not me hear complaining about It was glad we didn’t saw him again later in the episode.

Roller derby case was secondary to the trust issues w/Steve, mom and Cath.

Finally Steve tells Doris he has trust issues off what she did to him, and what did she said “Get over it” Seriously!! Doris you abadon your family for 20 years and all you can say it “Get over it” al she thinks of is herself the way she told Steve she had lunch with Cath gave me a bad taste in my mouth it was of she was teasing Steve and at the look of Steve face he was not happy that Doris had lunch with Catherine .

Mixed feelings about Steve this episode how he treats his girlfriend most of the time he need a lot to learn on that front didn't like that he went over Cath head and ask the CO if she could work for Five-O without even Cath asking first.

So Steve saw pictures from Catherine when she was young and ice skating in tutu’s and he met Cath father hope to see him some time show up in H5O

I love the scene at the HQ, when they asked Cath to get undercover ! Danny and Cath cracked me up and it was awesome to see the 5 together laughing great ohana scene~ And they had a great reason to send Cath instead of Kono !

So someone broke into Doris house (glad to know she moved out Steve house btw) and took the microfische she had hidden in the floor board of her old house for 20 years when Steve saw her at the hospital he knew right away she was lying again to him, and when he went to Doris house and Catherine finally told him the secret she kept from him I totally understood he send her away at that moment it was to much for Steve but you could see it hurts him.

Finally a Steve/Doris confrontation Steve wants to know who broke into her house he asked the right questions after all these months. Steve mentioned the good thing he has with Catherine and how difficult it is for him to trust. Was nice of Doris to tell Steve Cath loves him but I think what hurt Steve the most, is that first of all his mother lied to him again but what even worse for Steve was that she used Cath, she played with her feelings to make her keep that secret.

Now we know what was on the microfilm and again Doris only thinks about herself did she even realize that Steve life is in danger now to. Was glad Steve walked away from her and went to see Catherine on the beach was glad to see Steve forgive her. When he kissed and hugged Catherine, it was clear that he loves her. Their eyes and expressions said more than words could've.

My opinion of Doris is lower than ever she has to go, dead or alive .....wondering after her suspicious phone call what she is up now!

Alex was amazing as McGarrett and seeing him all dressed in black was candy for my eyes.

Michelle did a wonderful job rollerskating

I found it rather refreshing not having the focus on Steve and Danny for a change. really nice episode for me

Last edited by Immunity; 03-19-2013 at 02:46 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
So someone broke into Doris house (glad to know she moved out Steve house btw) and took the microfische she had hidden in the floor board of her old house for 20 years when Steve saw her at the hospital he knew right away she was lying again to him, and when he went to Doris house and Catherine finally told him the secret she kept from him I totally understood he send her away at that moment it was to much for Steve but you could see it hurts him.

Finally a Steve/Doris confrontation Steve wants to know who broke into her house he asked the right questions after all these months. Steve mentioned the good thing he has with Catherine and how difficult it is for him to trust. Was nice of Doris to tell Steve Cath loves him but I think what hurt Steve the most, is that first of all his mother lied to him again but what even worse for Steve was that she used Cath, she played with her feelings to make her keep that secret.
I agree with you about Steve/Cat thing. From the clip it looked a bit harsch but Cat took Steve's remark rather lightly and with no offense Also I did like the end scene between the two of them. You could see Steve's affection for Cat and that he was seriously worried about them. Doris really did bring trouble onto the family - I guess she should have just stayed quiet in Japan and never reappear.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Doris really did bring trouble onto the family - I guess she should have just stayed quiet in Japan and never reappear.
The sad part is that I don't think she is through causing trouble.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Little late to post my review.... but here it is:

To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to watch this episode because of reasons. But it surprised me and was actually an okay episode.

I have to say that the participation of Dog the Bounty Hunter wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I actually liked that chase scene.

The case was good. Roller Derbys living it as a secret life.... And then having the coach be a pervert sort of put a good twist on things.

The fact that everything happened very quickly, I mean, Max did an authopsy, Fong found the tickets, the team went to investigate leads and possible suspects all in one day?! The Island must be really small and have no traffic at all.
So, since when the CO of the Navy just let a person got out to go UC for another law enforcement to investigate a case that has no connection to either the Navy or National Security?! And Steve asking said CO before even talking to Cath? Is she his employee now instead of girlfriend?
But moving on, I guess I wanted an explanation whether the Navy knew Cath was running around waving her gun, and I got my answer, so can't complain.
Also, nice excuse why they couldn't use Kono UC, another thing I wanted and got it.

The scene where Steve was trying to convice Cath to go UC, along with Danny explaining the Derbys positions, Chin and Kono giggling like schoolgirls.... was priceless. Now I'm curious to see Danny's mom or hear him telling more stories about her

Cath as a Derby was cute. I liked it.

Did not like the way Steve talked to her when she was so excited about being in Second Place... he was RUDE! No excuses!

I know I've been completely and total against Doris since pretty much the begining of the season, but I do have to admit that I liked her in this episode. Starting with she and Steve spending some time together. I don't trust the woman, but it was a nice interaction.
Granted her cockiness annoys the hell out of me, so when she is all indignant that Steve hired Mick to follow her, I mean the woman is anything but trustworhy. And she telling Steve to get over his trust issues is like saying to a victim to get over the grudge over the assailant (although I did think it was cute the way Alex said "I have issues, I have trust issues" lol).

Now, when did Doris get a house of her own? A few episodes ago when Mick went to pick her up, she was at Steve's, and now all of a sudden she has a new home, with a safe built into a wall?! Continuity anyone?
The fight scene was cool though. For once I was cheering for Doris LOL

As for the microfiche (don't know if that's how it's called), it makes sense. It's was an ensurance for Doris, quoting Last Resort for the "Unlikely case of she ever becoming a liability". C'mon, if she was such the badass CIA spy that they're talking about, the CIA could easily be the first one to try kill her for precaution. Steve being a Navy Seal that did operate in some secret missions should understand that. Not the fact that she involved Cath in the lying but why she would hide such a thing.
And Doris contacting what I can only assume is the CIA actually gave me an idea that maybe she never really stopped working for them... And could possibly turn into an interesting SL if the writers allow it to be. Have to admit that right now I'm curious, and not wanting Doris to just disappear.

What I don't get is why Cath is spending so much of her time with Steve's mom. Because of Doris she already made that stupid promise, she knows Doris is not honest, so why keep digging her own grave and getting closer to her?!

I really liked that Cath was the one that told Steve about the secret instead of him finding it out on his own. I think he did forgive quite too fast. I'm not really in my McRollins mood, so couldn't enjoy the scene as much as I would, but it was cute.

ETA: I really dislike the fact that Kono had like 3 scenes in the whole episode. I don't get why it's either screentime for Kono or Cath... Why can't they both have a good amount of screentime in the same episode?!!

Last edited by Si_Crazy; 03-20-2013 at 04:19 PM
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

As for the microfiche (don't know if that's how it's called), it makes sense. It's was an ensurance for Doris, quoting Last Resort for the "Unlikely case of she ever becoming a liability". C'mon, if she was such the badass CIA spy that they're talking about, the CIA could easily be the first one to try kill her for precaution. Steve being a Navy Seal that did operate in some secret missions should understand that. Not the fact that she involved Cath in the lying but why she would hide such a thing.
And Doris contacting what I can only assume is the CIA actually gave me an idea that maybe she never really stopped working for them... And could possibly turn into an interesting SL if the writers allow it to be. Have to admit that right now I'm curious, and not wanting Doris to just disappear.[/QUOTE]

I always thought Doris was in a safehouse in Japan and the CIA knew this don't tell me that Joe was the only one who knew where Doris was for the last 20 years. That would be horrible for Steve if he ever finds out that.

Quote:
What I don't get is why Cath is spending so much of her time with Steve's mom. Because of Doris she already made that stupid promise, she knows Doris is not honest, so why keep digging her own grave and getting closer to her?!
Maybe Cath spending so much time with Doris is because in the season premiere she promised Steve to keep a eye on her
Old 03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I always thought Doris was in a safehouse in Japan and the CIA knew this don't tell me that Joe was the only one who knew where Doris was for the last 20 years. That would be horrible for Steve if he ever finds out that.
I don't think the CIA knew... after all she just waltz back to Hawaii... so if she was with the CIA she wouldn't just leave Japan with Steve. Or come back now, and live the perfect life again. Not to mention that if Mangosta was already after her, why didn't she contact the CIA before?! I think that after she met Steve's dad, she really quitted the CIA.

Quote:
Maybe Cath spending so much time with Doris is because in the season premiere she promised Steve to keep a eye on her
In the premiere she was taking care of the safe house. I don't think Steve meant for her to spend off time with Doris. He was genuinely surprised and not the good kind when he found out that Cath was joining Doris for lunch. And then Cath made that comment that if he didn't want the two to have lunch he didn't have to create a UC job for her. So to me, it seems like Cath was spending time with Doris because she wanted to. To what point? Bond the woman that made her keep a secret she knows she shouldn't have kept from her boyfriend?! I don't ge't that part.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I don't think the CIA knew... after all she just waltz back to Hawaii... so if she was with the CIA she wouldn't just leave Japan with Steve. Or come back now, and live the perfect life again. Not to mention that if Mangosta was already after her, why didn't she contact the CIA before?! I think that after she met Steve's dad, she really quitted the CIA.
Still missing the point on what time Joe comes in all this did he knew it for 20 years or contact Doris him after Steve father died I want some answers about this.

Quote:
In the premiere she was taking care of the safe house. I don't think Steve meant for her to spend off time with Doris. He was genuinely surprised and not the good kind when he found out that Cath was joining Doris for lunch. And then Cath made that comment that if he didn't want the two to have lunch he didn't have to create a UC job for her. So to me, it seems like Cath was spending time with Doris because she wanted to. To what point? Bond the woman that made her keep a secret she knows she shouldn't have kept from her boyfriend?! I don't ge't that part.
After Steve and Doris came on shore I think Doris said to Steve "You wanted that we get to know each other" maybe for that reason Cath was having lunch with Doris
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Still missing the point on what time Joe comes in all this did he knew it for 20 years or contact Doris him after Steve father died I want some answers about this.
This seriously need info... I think Joe knew about this for a very long time, even before Steve's father died.

Quote:
After Steve and Doris came on shore I think Doris said to Steve "You wanted that we get to know each other" maybe for that reason Cath was having lunch with Doris
Yeah, but Steve said it, he didn't know the whole facts, Cath knew, so I find it hard to see her being all gracious and happy going out with Doris.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
This seriously need info... I think Joe knew about this for a very long time, even before Steve's father died.
That would be horrible because if Joe knew it before Steve father died in my eyes he is in a way responsible for his bf death. Why let your bf looking for the murderer of his wife when you know she is still alive.

Quote:
Yeah, but Steve said it, he didn't know the whole facts, Cath knew, so I find it hard to see her being all gracious and happy going out with Doris.
That is true I hope we get a answer from Cath some day why she want to spend some time with a woman who keeps lying and hiding stuff to your boyfriend.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
That would be horrible because if Joe knew it before Steve father died in my eyes he is in a way responsible for his bf death. Why let your bf looking for the murderer of his wife when you know she is still alive.
I agree... This whole story is a mess... It would made sense if Joe was actually Doris friend and not John's friend. I mean, I think it was said on the show that Joe thought of John as a brother, right? Why would he keep such a secret from him? At the same time, after so many lies from Joe, I wouldn't take it pass him to actually have lied to his friend all this time.

Quote:
That is true I hope we get a answer from Cath some day why she want to spend some time with a woman who keeps lying and hiding stuff to your boyfriend.
I don't think we're ever gonna get that. I think overall the Mangosta/Cath keeping a secret SL was dealt in a good way. Of course, it would've been better if it hadn't take so damn long for this arc to conclude, since it was all resolved in one episode, and iif there had been more continuity after the first episode the SL was introduced, like Cath being a little more distraugh over the fact, or Doris making some sort of emotional blackmail to her. I just mentioned that I found it weird for them to be spending time off together, because to ME that didn't show the knoledge Cath said she knew she shouldn't have kept the info from Steve.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Why would he keep such a secret from him? At the same time, after so many lies from Joe, I wouldn't take it pass him to actually have lied to his friend all this time.
To me, if I was Steve and I found out that Joe knew Doris was alive from the beginning and kept it from his grieving Dad, and seeing what the whole thing put his Dad through, I would never forgive him. This would be a deal breaker for me. Not only that, but the whole event caused John McG to send his children away to protect them while he pursued Doris' "killer". And to top it off, John told Steve "you can trust your Uncle Joe". Hardly.

Quote:
I hope we get a answer from Cath some day why she want to spend some time with a woman who keeps lying and hiding stuff to your boyfriend.
Maybe Catherine thinks if she can spend enough time with Doris, Doris will reveal some information and answers that Steve needs to hear IDK . Of course, Catherine needs to stop promising Doris she will keep her secrets and go to Steve right away. Steve may not be so forgiving next time.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
To me, if I was Steve and I found out that Joe knew Doris was alive from the beginning and kept it from his grieving Dad, and seeing what the whole thing put his Dad through, I would never forgive him. This would be a deal breaker for me. Not only that, but the whole event caused John McG to send his children away to protect them while he pursued Doris' "killer". And to top it off, John told Steve "you can trust your Uncle Joe". Hardly.
But that would be double standarts in STeve's part.. I mean, he did forgive Doris right away when he found out she lied. And she was the main reason why the whole mess in his family started. So if he could forgive the woman that was responsable for that, even if she is his mother, he should be able to forgive Joe, since he was there for him when Doris or his dad weren't.
Not saying that I want it, but since the writers made Steve quite forgiving, I think it would be odd for him to direct his anger towards Joe and not Doris in the same way.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

++