Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 5.01 “A'ohe kahi e pe'e ai” ~ September 26 ~ SEASON PREMIERE ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

5.01 “A'ohe kahi e pe'e a”

“Nowhere to Hide”

THE ISLAND OF O'AHU GOES ON LOCKDOWN WHEN FIVE-0 HUNTS A TERRORIST WHO STARTS USING WEAPONIZED DRONES ON CIVILIANS, ON THE FIFTH SEASON PREMIERE OF “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, SEPT. 26

“A'ohe kahi e pe'e ai” – The island of O'ahu goes on lockdown when Five-0 hunts a terrorist who starts using weaponized drones on civilians. Meanwhile, McGarrett and Danno must go for a mandated review with a psychologist, resulting in a session which looks a lot like couples therapy, on the fifth season premiere of HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Sept. 26, 2014 (9:00-10:00, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

(*A'ohe kahi e pe'e ai is Hawaiian for “Nowhere to Hide”)

CHEAT TWEET: Aloha Season 5! Is it #troubleinparadise 4 our favorite #H50 #bromance?! McG+Danno+therapy = #2good2Btrue CBS 9/26 9pm

REGULAR CAST:

Alex O'Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)

Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)

Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)

Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)

Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)

Chi McBride (Lou Grover)

Jorge Garcia (Jerry Ortega)

RECURRING CAST:

Ian Anthony Dale(Adam Noshimuri)

Taylor Wily (Kamekona)

Christopher Sean (Gabriel Waincroft)

Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)

Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)

Shawn Garnett (Flippa)

Shawn Thomsen (Officer Pua Kai)

GUEST CAST:

Anthony Ruivivar (Marco Reyes)

Amanda Setton (Dr. Mindy Shaw)

Johnny Sneed (Edmond Venit)

Ned Vaughn (Jonathan Redmond)

Matthew Lund (Browser)

Greg Ellis (Owner)

Bonnie Berger (Dr. Carlin)

Morgan Ayres (Todd Sands)

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producer Peter M. Lenkov and Ken Solarz

DIRECTED BY: Bryan Spicer

Promo

Old 09-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread, Lena!!!

The promo looks good, and I love the picture you choose

Great guest list!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Can't wait!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cant believe its back already.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

One more day!!!
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."-John Lennon
Sritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:55 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm so happy that the hiatus is coming to an end
Old 09-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I actually only finished S4 a few weeks ago so it hasn't been very long for me
Old 09-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Moderator Manager

I've just did a rewatch of the whole series because my mom decided to give it another shot, so I also was entertained during the hiatus
Old 09-26-2014, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

YaaHoo!!! The hiatus is over

Happy Five-O day everyone!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
YaaHoo!!! The hiatus is over

Happy Five-O day everyone!!!!!!
Hurra Hiatus is over and I'm ready for my H50 annual fix.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was not great but oke for me I expected more from the season premiere!!

Here are my thoughts about the episode:

I loved the opening with Steve and Danny at couples counciling and all the flasbacks to the pilot

Danny's action scene when he was on his own was awesome! And he got to drive his own car with Steve in it! FINALLY!!

Adam and Kono talking about marriage seems they are ready to take the next step. Which will probably end with the dead of Adam at the end of this season. Because we all know his show got renewed and he also plays in HOD. But I keep my fingers crossed H5O can keep him I love Kono and Adam together!!

This episode was also a set up for future storylines for some of the cast Danny & his brother, Kono with Adam and Chin with IA. Sofar no SL for Steve.

Talking about Steve how is it possible to run so fast after the bad guys with a gunshot wound in your leg and 5 min later you sitting in wheelchair leaving the hospital

Sorry but I think already Lou and Jerry are taking screentime away from Chin and Kono previous seasons it was always Chin who was first at the crime scene and now it's Lou I also think he doesn't fit into the team it looked weird for me. Knowing Jerry will not appear in every episode for now he can stay, Grover has to go IMO!!!

I think the plot line with this episode was so over the top, it was ridiculous and dumb. I mean to use a military drone device to shoot people randomly on the beaches or streets for he only purpose to divert the attention and empty the streets of waikiki so a jet plane can land on the streets to pick up a terrorist? Really? what would happend if some people had left their cars and trucks there. Some writers of this show have quite the imagination!!

Looking forward to next week!
Old 09-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

It was weak to me. I saw the ratings on a website. It's weak.

I love the McDanno moments.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

The episode wasn't very good but I do like seeing the whole cast. I can't believe I am saying this but I'm tired of Adam and Kono SL, why all of a sudden her sl is about marriage, having a baby etc.. I still love Kono but enough already with her and adam, I want my old Kono back.
Adam007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immunity (View Post)
The episode was not great but oke for me I expected more from the season premiere!!

Here are my thoughts about the episode:

I loved the opening with Steve and Danny at couples counciling and all the flasbacks to the pilot

Danny's action scene when he was on his own was awesome! And he got to drive his own car with Steve in it! FINALLY!!

Adam and Kono talking about marriage seems they are ready to take the next step. Which will probably end with the dead of Adam at the end of this season. Because we all know his show got renewed and he also plays in HOD. But I keep my fingers crossed H5O can keep him I love Kono and Adam together!!

This episode was also a set up for future storylines for some of the cast Danny & his brother, Kono with Adam and Chin with IA. Sofar no SL for Steve.

Talking about Steve how is it possible to run so fast after the bad guys with a gunshot wound in your leg and 5 min later you sitting in wheelchair leaving the hospital

Sorry but I think already Lou and Jerry are taking screentime away from Chin and Kono previous seasons it was always Chin who was first at the crime scene and now it's Lou I also think he doesn't fit into the team it looked weird for me. Knowing Jerry will not appear in every episode for now he can stay, Grover has to go IMO!!!

I think the plot line with this episode was so over the top, it was ridiculous and dumb. I mean to use a military drone device to shoot people randomly on the beaches or streets for he only purpose to divert the attention and empty the streets of waikiki so a jet plane can land on the streets to pick up a terrorist? Really? what would happend if some people had left their cars and trucks there. Some writers of this show have quite the imagination!!

Looking forward to next week!
Hi there Lena.

I for once enjoyed totally unbelievable story as nothing can beat that super funny chopter with flaws from season 3 premiere I just loved Steve and Danno therapy session. Steve had it coming and there were some nice reminders of season 1.
Now, I have to agree about Grover , it was strange to see him first on the crime scene. I really hope, he won't be in H50 entire season.
As always there were some nice scenes between Kono and Adam (please writers don't kill him off) and there were some nice set ups for the rest of the season. Not to mention Danno getting to drive the car with Steve in it
As for Steve running with wounded leg, it could be due to adrenline which is natural pain killer. After adrenaline wears off, person is much weaker in matter of seconds. That's not so farfetched, definitely not as much as landing a plane on the street or taking it down with a drone (way to go Jerry). But as I noticed, in each season premiere there are some totally over the top scenes, last season we had Steve going full commando and saving Wo Fat in prison. In season 3 we had this super funny chopter with claw. In season 2 we had this camera in governor's office that was somehow recording for over a year.
We all know, that plot and action in H50 have exactly zero probability of really happening and that will not change.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to agree with Lena, the storyline plot was over the top for me and Grover/Jerry are taking screentime away from Chin and Kono wait... I kinda remember Si and Lena jinx it before the show was even started
I happen to agree with Adam about Kono, what happen to my Kono, why the writers make Adam look so weak follow Kono around where the big bad Adam like in s2-4. I like the new ME, Dr. Shaw was good, I hope we will see her more with Max.
Will continue to watch the show because I do love my Kono.
Reply   Post New Thread