Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Her guys, just relax. For now we have only rumors about MB and they are spreading without any oficial information. Every season we had rumors about Grace or Scott leaving, now we hear about Michelle.
While I do agree, the writers dropped the balls with whole Clara Williams divorced, now it's over and the end of the season looks more promising. Cat will definitely present in the next two episodes, I cannot imagine her being absent when Steve will be in danger. As rather optimistic person, I think Steve and CAt will end up together eventually even with some obstacles.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by h50fan (View Post)
I thought I was watching the wrong season. It just makes no sense why the writers keep making their relationship hot and cold like this.

They were moving along so nicely in the first half of the season but now acting like strangers without any explanation.

I do feel sorry for MB with what she has to work with. I'm sick of reading that she's a useless character, well she wouldn't be if she was written better. I find Danny to be a useless character as well, but that's how he's written and I can understand Scott looking bored at times with the rubbish he's given.

If they get rid of Cath I'm done with the show. I still think they got rid of Lauren germain due to complaining fans and it was despicable how she was treated on social media sites.
The same is happening with MB. The writers should, particulary Lenkov take no notice of what certain fans say and just write what they want to and not what fans demand. I know he said he doesn't but Lori's character got chopped and changed a dozen times before they got rid of her and I think the same is happening with Cath's character.

Steve and Cath were the only dynamic I liked on the show and I'm sick of all these new characters.
Same here what a differance the show was after the winter break I've read on other fansite that fans also were wondering what happend between Steve/Cath when fans ask Peter about it if Steve and Cath still living together he said No they never did I feel tricked by this answer because there were several scenes this season that make you believe they were living together. Don't know what happend and why they changed the SL seems nobody can have a happy private life on H5O which piss me off

I'll have to wait if MB stay's or not but TBH don't know if I keep watching on a regular basis if Cath leave the show I have a feeling something terrible will be happening with her in 4.21 because to me it's weird when a main character is not in the season finale.

this is what MB said on twitter after the last episode Doesn't sound good right?

Scott had IMO to many projects running while he needed to be on the H5O set a play and he also starts in the movie Entourage which will comes out later this year. I am okay that they wanted to do other things outside H5O but they can do it when the show is on a long hiatus IMO.

Quote:
Her guys, just relax. For now we have only rumors about MB and they are spreading without any oficial information. Every season we had rumors about Grace or Scott leaving, now we hear about Michelle.
While I do agree, the writers dropped the balls with whole Clara Williams divorced, now it's over and the end of the season looks more promising. Cat will definitely present in the next two episodes, I cannot imagine her being absent when Steve will be in danger. As rather optimistic person, I think Steve and CAt will end up together eventually even with some obstacles.
I hope you are right Anna one day I am positive the other day I am not need that Peter confirm to the rumors that MB is staying and not going anywhere what he did in the past when the rumors where ther about Grace and Scott.

Last edited by Immunity; 03-23-2014 at 02:40 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Even if Michelle doesn't leave I think the writers need to stop messing around with their relationship as it just makes fools of the characters. Cath is still being pushed into the background and the writers just keep contradicting themselves about if they are in a relationship or not.
And since when didn't Steve and Cath live together...

This new Jerry character seems to be around to keep them apart and has some man crush or hero worship thing for McGarrett.. Suddenly he spots writing on the champ box that Steve never noticed in all the years he's had it.
I just want some consistency on this show and make use of the characters they have and stop with the stunt casting and extra characters.

Grovenor was fine but I don't see the need for yet another new character. What about Max. Why can't the writers cope with both Cath and Kono. Can't we have some girl power as well.

I've lost all interest now in catching up on the episodes I missed.
h50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Moderator Manager

I still think this is all a rumor... something bad will happen in 4.21, just to create a cliffhanger for the finale, and maybe that's why they're all quiet about whether she'll be in season 5 or not, to not give away the suspense.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I've lost all interest now in catching up on the episodes I missed.
I'm not sure when you stopped watching but in episode 14 we had normal behaviour of Cat and Steve and then in episode 15 Clara Williams came and totally unnecessary subplot of divorce started, not to mention Melanie was a big miscast in the role. I would recommend you to simply skip episodes 15 and 17 (I did like ep. 16 very much despite Melanie's presence). These episodes felt overcrowded for me - we had Lou, Jerry, Clara, Max and H50 team so it was a bit much.
It's good that family drama for Danny is over and now hopefully he can come back to bickering with Steve

As for MB leaving, I haven't read any news about her being involved in a different show and I think we should have seen something in internet by now. It's not like she is wanted everywhere.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I still think this is all a rumor... something bad will happen in 4.21, just to create a cliffhanger for the finale, and maybe that's why they're all quiet about whether she'll be in season 5 or not, to not give away the suspense.
You have a good point here Si maybe the whole MB/Cath scenario is to let us believe MB is leaving to create a cliffhanger.......Okay I am good now
Old 03-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
If they get rid of Cath I'm done with the show. I still think they got rid of Lauren germain due to complaining fans and it was despicable how she was treated on social media sites.
From what I understand (and this could have changed because of the fans' reaction to her) LG was only supposed to be on for just a certain number of eppies in s2. I agree; the way she was treated on forums etc was inexcusable and rather abusive.

Quote:
The same is happening with MB. The writers should, particulary Lenkov take no notice of what certain fans say and just write what they want to and not what fans demand. I know he said he doesn't but Lori's character got chopped and changed a dozen times before they got rid of her and I think the same is happening with Cath's character.
If they had stuck with the original premise with Lori; having appointing her to 5-0 and butt heads with Steve instead of turning her into a love sick puppy, her character might have better received. I would have liked her better that's for sure.

Unless it has changed significantly over this season, I got the impression Catherine had far more fan support than Lori ever did.

Quote:
I do feel sorry for MB with what she has to work with. I'm sick of reading that she's a useless character, well she wouldn't be if she was written better. I find Danny to be a useless character as well, but that's how he's written and I can understand Scott looking bored at times with the rubbish he's given
I am kind of getting the impression they really don't know what to do with Catherine. IMO, 5 is one too many members of 5-0 (again see the way the whole Lori Weston thing was written) and she isn't in the Navy anymore. Why for crying out loud, could they have just kept Billy alive, drop the whole stupid love triangle angle and have her work for him?!! It would give her something to do outside of Steve. Having her on the show just for her to be Steve's girlfriend, is a waste of the actress and if this is the only thing they are going to do with her, maybe she should move on.

Sorry, but I have actually enjoyed the second half the season better than the first mostly because Kono and Danny are back, but there is also less of Catherine. Personally, I enjoyed Catherine more when she was a recurring character like she was back in s1, where the show's emphasis was more on the cases and less on the Core Four's personal lives.

Quote:
Same here what a differance the show was after the winter break I've read on other fansite that fans also were wondering what happend between Steve/Cath when fans ask Peter about it if Steve and Cath still living together he said No they never did I feel tricked by this answer because there were several scenes this season that make you believe they were living together. Don't know what happend and why they changed the SL seems nobody can have a happy private life on H5O which piss me off
Unfortunately Lena, a lot of people would rather see conflict than happy. Blue Bloods is the only show I have seen recently that we actually see a happily married cop (Danny).
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I understand that fans watch the show for different reasons and have preferences as to which characters they like.

The problem for me is that this show has always suffered from bad writing and inconsistent characterisation. Lori was no exception. The reason she got more hatred than Cath was because she was brought in to be a possible love interest for Steve and the McDanno fans were enraged because they felt she was taking screen time away from Steve and Danny.

The writers then did a U turn with her character to appease these fans and made her character into a joke and she ended up receiving more complaints because she did turn into a terrible character ... But it was the writers who destroyed her character because they listened to whinging fans instead of doing what they wanted.

The only reason Cath didn't get as much hate in the beginning is because she wasn't a threat to McDanno... As soon as she was made a regular and her relationship became stronger then the hate started. Cath has more fans because she has been around a lot longer and not everyone wants McDanno.. They seem to be the most vocal though and I believe the writers still pander to them, thus the strange behaviour now between Steve and Cath.

I don't think that Cath is the only character the writers don't know what to do with. I think they all suffer from bad and inconsistent writing and I feel they haven't a clue what to do with Danny. They rehash the same childish stuff between him and Steve and he doesn't bring anything else to the team at all. I could quite easily enjoy a Danny free show so I guess for me it's down to which actors engage me the most and that's Alex, Michelle and DDK , despite how bad the writing can be for their characters.

Last edited by h50fan; 03-24-2014 at 05:49 PM
h50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I understand that fans watch the show for different reasons and have preferences as to which characters they like.

The problem for me is that this show has always suffered from bad writing and inconsistent characterisation. Lori was no exception. The reason she got more hatred than Cath was because she was brought in to be a possible love interest for Steve and the McDanno fans were enraged because they felt she was taking screen time away from Steve and Danny.
Quote:
The writers then did a U turn with her character to appease these fans and made her character into a joke and she ended up receiving more complaints because she did turn into a terrible character ... But it was the writers who destroyed her character because they listened to whinging fans instead of doing what they wanted.
Funny you say that; I was thinking the same thing after I was done posting.
I think it is one of the reason why I would be happy to see them really scale back on the Core Four's personal lives; the writers are incapable of writing good consistant stories in this gendre. Look at the whole Doris mess. We are soon going to end the second full season with this SL with more questions than answers and no end in sight. As I have stated in the past, I am not sure PL and the writers know anymore where this SL is going.

Quote:
The only reason Cath didn't get as much hate in the beginning is because she wasn't a threat to McDanno... As soon as she was made a regular and her relationship became stronger then the hate started. Cath has more fans because she has been around a lot longer and not everyone wants McDanno.. They seem to be the most vocal though and I believe the writers still pander to them, thus the strange behaviour now between Steve and Cath.
My major problem with Catherine has nothing to do with McDanno at all; I was curious what exactly they were going to do with her when that they made her a regular. She can't go on doing Naval favors for Steve all the time; there is only so many times she can do that and it makes her look weak. And now she is out. I'm sorry I just don't like her as a member of 5-0 but at this point what else can be done with her?
IMO, the best idea for her was for her to continue working for Billy; she can have her own career and at the same time help out 5-0 more often. But the writers HAD to concoct some stupid love triangle which never really developed and then they killed Billy off.

Quote:
I don't think that Cath is the only character the writers don't know what to do with. I think they all suffer from bad and inconsistent writing and I feel they haven't a clue what to do with Danny. They rehash the same childish stuff between him and Steve and he doesn't bring anything else to the team at all. I could quite easily enjoy a Danny free show so I guess for me it's down to which actors engage me the most and that's Alex, Michelle and DDK , despite how bad the writing can be for their characters.
I haven't liked the way they portray Danny for awhile now; he comes off stupid, immature and a bad cop. Chin's screentime has been better this year but where was that dark side we were to see after Malia died? I mostly watch for the Core Fours chemistry, GP and DDK. I used to throw Steve in there (I like Alex the actor) but for a while 5-0 was turning into The Steve McGarrett Show and Steve's attitude from s1 to now has changed and not in a good way.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:57 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
IMO, the best idea for her was for her to continue working for Billy; she can have her own career and at the same time help out 5-0 more often. But the writers HAD to concoct some stupid love triangle which never really developed and then they killed Billy off.
I think the writers didn't intend to kill Billy at first. They had to rewrite his SL because the actor who played Billy got a part in a new TV show. He couldn't be in both show so the writer had to think of a way to let go Billy.
But I agree with you, Cath shouldn't work in 5-0. I wish she resumed Billy's compagny.
sweetylucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetylucie (View Post)
I think the writers didn't intend to kill Billy at first. They had to rewrite his SL because the actor who played Billy got a part in a new TV show. He couldn't be in both show so the writer had to think of a way to let go Billy.
But I agree with you, Cath shouldn't work in 5-0. I wish she resumed Billy's compagny.
Exactly, I was hoping she could take over Billy's company but I guess decided to add Cat to the team because of łacinie female member Kono. Now that Kono is back, Cat is really not needed in H50 anymore!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetylucie (View Post)
Oh that's right, my bad!! It's too bad that Billy didn't simply recruit Catherine for the coompany he worked for; it would have given Catherine continued employment instead of joining 5-0.

Quote:
Exactly, I was hoping she could take over Billy's company but I guess decided to add Cat to the team because of łacinie female member Kono. Now that Kono is back, Cat is really not needed in H50 anymore
I agree. I still maintain 5 is one too many. These writers have a rough enough time writing for 4.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Moderator Manager

HMmm starting the episode with shirtless wet Steve is always a good way to start an episode

Loved the continuity of Jerry still living with him And nice way of getting the Champ box into the story... after all, when you speak of conspiracy, you think about Jerry, and of course he would snoop around Steve's house

Good story of the week... I mean lots of twists, and I was surprised in the end that the girl was actually a psychopath poor Tommy, thought he was a hero and turns out he was just a tool for her. Great twist in having her dad not pay the life insurance because he was thinking about her future
Ohh nice trick the airbag thing that Tommy pulled with Steve and Chin It's nice seeing that 5-0 is not always the smart one in the episode

It seems like Danny's family SL has come to an end... I have to say that I did think Melanie and Tom made a cute couple, but the guy didn't call her for 1 month, even with his lame excuse, I think she forgave him way too easily (not that I wanted the SL to drag, I just think they emphasis so much that he didn't call, and then he was there saying he thought about calling )
Very thoughtful of Danny and his sister to do all that romantic thing, but that was not respectful to his mother's wishes at all... so they lose a few point with me because of that.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
HMmm starting the episode with shirtless wet Steve is always a good way to start an episode

Loved the continuity of Jerry still living with him And nice way of getting the Champ box into the story... after all, when you speak of conspiracy, you think about Jerry, and of course he would snoop around Steve's house

Good story of the week... I mean lots of twists, and I was surprised in the end that the girl was actually a psychopath poor Tommy, thought he was a hero and turns out he was just a tool for her. Great twist in having her dad not pay the life insurance because he was thinking about her future
Ohh nice trick the airbag thing that Tommy pulled with Steve and Chin It's nice seeing that 5-0 is not always the smart one in the episode

It seems like Danny's family SL has come to an end... I have to say that I did think Melanie and Tom made a cute couple, but the guy didn't call her for 1 month, even with his lame excuse, I think she forgave him way too easily (not that I wanted the SL to drag, I just think they emphasis so much that he didn't call, and then he was there saying he thought about calling )
Very thoughtful of Danny and his sister to do all that romantic thing, but that was not respectful to his mother's wishes at all... so they lose a few point with me because of that.

I agree

Hated that girl and I was so pissed that while Steve yelled don't fire the cops killed him

I agree Danny's mom had to suffer her husband for a while if he didn't had the guts to call her after so many years of marriage he could take a plane right back and could wait when she was willing to come back!!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Me too! I mean, Steve specifically told HPD to hold their fire, and yet they didn't listen to it Poor kid!

Yeah... I thought that Danny's father's excuse was lame.... his mom just wanted to be appreciated and he didn't call once. So I thought he should've suffered a bit more too. And maybe Danny should've lecture his dad on the his behavior
Reply   Post New Thread