Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

~ 4.02 “A’ ale Ma’a Wau*” ~ October 4 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

4.02 “A’ ale Ma’a Wau”

“Fish Out of Water”

A FIVE-0 MURDER INVESTIGATION LEADS THE TEAM TO HELP A TEXAS RANGER WHO COMES TO THE ISLAND TO FIND HIS MISSING DAUGHTER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 4 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
Tim Daly Guest Stars as a Texas Ranger

“A’ ale Ma’a Wau*” – A Five-0 murder investigation leads the team to help a Texas Ranger who comes to the island to find his missing daughter. Meanwhile, Kono and Adam fight to stay alive when their hidden location is discovered, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Friday, Oct. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Tim Daly guest stars as a Texas Ranger.

(*A’ ale Ma’a Wau is Hawaiian for “Fish Out of Water”)

CHEAT TWEET: #H50 fans, say Aloha 2 @TimmyDaly! + Kono & Adam fight 4 their lives! #OhNoKono #Five0Fridays! 10/4 9PM ET/PT CBS Press Express | A FIVE-0 MURDER INVESTIGATION LEADS THE TEAM TO HELP A TEXAS RANGER WHO COMES TO THE ISLAND TO FIND HIS MISSING DAUGHTER, ON “HAWAII FIVE-0,” FRIDAY, OCT. 4 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

SERIES REGULARS:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Teilor Grubbs (Grace Williams)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Shawn Mokuahi Garnett (Flippa)
Justin Bruening (Lt. Commander Billy Harrington)

GUEST CAST:
Tim Daly (Ray Harper)
Bobby Foley (Michael Maki)
Marcus Natividad (Tom Akuna)
Brando Eaton (Carl Jacobson)
Ajax Maharlika (Frankie Choi)
Kristi Lauren (Amanda Harper)
Jon Michael Zimbrich (Shrimp Player)
Tia Morales (Looky-Loo #1)

WRITTEN BY: John Dove
DIRECTED BY: Joe Dante

Promo

Old 10-03-2013, 09:03 AM
New Fan

i'm sad that there is no sneak peaks
oh my god i have to wait 2 more days until the ep is available in my country
looking forward to some cath/steve time .... and dteve reaction to billy
and danny/grace cute moments i hope it will be an amazing ep
maynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for opening the thread!!
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for opening the thread.

One only realises how fast the week has past by when comes the time for a new episode of one`s favorite show...

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynm (View Post)
i'm sad that there is no sneak peaks
oh my god i have to wait 2 more days until the ep is available in my country
looking forward to some cath/steve time .... and dteve reaction to billy
and danny/grace cute moments i hope it will be an amazing ep
Yeah I was wondering why we didn't got any sneak peeks either

You can watch ir online the next day if you want

Me too we know Steve knows Billy from his time in the Navy.

Monkey and Danny are always cute I adore their relationship

Quote:
One only realises how fast the week has past by when comes the time for a new episode of one`s favorite show...

I know Dessy the first part of the season always fly's by so fast wait till the next hiatus start
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just checking youtube - still no clips from episode 2, but I just found English title of the episode.
ateofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateofi (View Post)
Just checking youtube - still no clips from episode 2, but I just found English title of the episode.
Thanks ateofi very weird maybe the people who are responsible for the sneaks have to get used that the show airs on Friday this season

I have already put the english title in the OP but Thanks
Old 10-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Think it was pretty mean that Danno had the keys of his new Camaro snatched from him. As really that was not fair.

Steve really needs to learn humility and humbleness time to time. He may be the leader, but that does not make it his world.
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 (View Post)
Think it was pretty mean that Danno had the keys of his new Camaro snatched from him. As really that was not fair.

Steve really needs to learn humility and humbleness time to time. He may be the leader, but that does not make it his world.
I found that scene pretty funny actually - we all know Steve has "control issues".

The whole episode was pretty well written - the story was simple (season 3 made the mistake of putting some really radiculous and convoluted plots) and it was nice to see Tim Daly doing Chucm Norris impersonation, had actually something to do in this episode. I don't mind seeing him again as recurring guest.

This episode was not as fast paced and explosive as the premiere but it was good to see Kono do some serious ass kicking to protect Adam. They both have great chemistry together.
And nice Ohana moment at the end with Danno and Grace winning the baseball game. It was cute. It would be nice to see Danno and Gaby (as I recall Autumn Resser is pregnant)

What do you know - Steve and Wo Fat are not half-borther s for now.

On the side note: Danno had the best line at the end of the episode when they hit the docks where Amanda was held - "hey stupid" - I have to remember that.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not action packed as the season premiere but I liked it the epiosde was well written I agree with you ateofi

BAMF Kono is always a treat but I am scared for them and for what Adam will do to keep Kono safe.

I know not many fans will agree with me but I loved the Steve/Cath SL in these ep. Finally Steve showed a side I love he support his girlsfriend encourage Cath to take the job and telling her "We're good nothing's gonna to change that"

So Steve and Wo Fat aren't brothers. That was to obvious hmmm now I wonder if Doris is Steve's real mom.

Great to see Steve's opens up to Danny about Cath working with Billy and Danny giving him advice Steve should listen to Danny. Danny knows his friend won't like it at the end.

Good to see the Marquis back and the new black Camaro for Danny looks awesome I knew Steve wouldn't let Danny drive his own car, Danny needs to man up a take his keys back ASAP!!

Ray Harper Texas Ranger was a copie of Steve McGarrett, breaking the law to find his daughter I undertsand him I would do exactly the same when my kid would be missing

Danny is becoming one of my favorites this season 2 x in a row his my favortite LOVED him last night And Danny with Grace there scene are always a joy to watch.....Monkey finally hit a homerun

Next week looks awesome with Jorge Garcia can't wait!!!

Last edited by Immunity; 10-05-2013 at 12:20 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked and didn't like this eppie.

Random Thoughts:

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Tim Daly's Texas Ranger. I love badasses and he certainly was one. He obviously had a soft spot for his daughter and it showed with him doing anything to find his child. I know there probably wouldn't be a valid reason to bring him back but since they worked well together, I wouldn't mind seeing he and Steve working together again.

So Wo Fat and Steve aren't half brothers. I am glad for that because that would have been too easy. But still doesn't answer any questions and gets us no closer to having Doris JUST GO AWAY..

Did anyone besides me love Chin's hair cut?

Grace!!!!!!! Any eppie with Grace in it can't be all bad. Danny and Grace's interaction is some of the best on the show. Grace brings out Danny's tender side.

I am really liking Danny this year so far; they have cut back on the bitching and bellyaching and showed us what a good cop he really is.

Kamekono cracked me up as a umpire. Did anyone else see Flippa selling food in the stands?

Ahhhh, you know I really do like Adam but he seemed pretty helpless to me in this eppie. Kono seemingly was doing all the work. Does Adam even have any men loyal to him in the yakuza?

Spoiler:

I got a kick out of Danny telling Grace not to listen to Uncle Steve, even though we love him, because he knows nothing about softball. I rolled my eyes at Steve kicking dirt on Kamekono. He has never seen a baseball game but he knows enough to kick dirt on an umpire? I guess one doesn't need to know much about baseball or softball to do this.

Well, it looks like Danny doesn't get to drive this car either. Steve needs to get the rod out of his butt and relinquish control.

I know there are McRollins and Catherine fans out there and I don't want to offend anyone, but I liked this part the least. It kind of rubbed me the wrong way her coaching the Navy Brats. I would have been funnier to have Steve vs. Danny. Why couldn't Catherine be cheering from the stands for Grace (admittedly, I have a definite bias toward Grace). Does this woman have to be good at everything?
Okay, Billy wanted Catherine to have the job and she is very qualified but did everyone have to go on and on about it? Not to mention Danny having to mention how sexy, gorgeous, and intelligent she is? Even when she wasn't on the screen, she was on the screen. Kinda makes one wonder if Michelle Borth has her own personal writer.

By the way, I think Billy is a decent guy and got no "hidden agenda" or "dark side" vibe from him.

I really thought the whole "Steve tells Catherine to take the job and Catherine jumps on him and kisses him" could have waited for another time. For me, it took away from a moment which was, to me, for Danny and Grace.
It is only two eppies in and I am already frustrated with the time devoted to McRollins. Hopefully they'll back off a bit and concentrate on solving cases.

Looking forward to the Lost reunion with Jorge Garcia and Daniel Dae Kim.
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfor5-0 (View Post)
I liked and didn't like this eppie.
Okay, Billy wanted Catherine to have the job and she is very qualified but did everyone have to go on and on about it? Not to mention Danny having to mention how sexy, gorgeous, and intelligent she is? Even when she wasn't on the screen, she was on the screen. Kinda makes one wonder if Michelle Borth has her own personal writer.

By the way, I think Billy is a decent guy and got no "hidden agenda" or "dark side" vibe from him.

I really thought the whole "Steve tells Catherine to take the job and Catherine jumps on him and kisses him" could have waited for another time. For me, it took away from a moment which was, to me, for Danny and Grace.
It is only two eppies in and I am already frustrated with the time devoted to McRollins. Hopefully they'll back off a bit and concentrate on solving cases.

Looking forward to the Lost reunion with Jorge Garcia and Daniel Dae Kim.
I have to disagree - respectfully of course
I liked the interactions between Steve and Cat since premiere - finally they both behave like adults in serious relationship. Steve risked life and career to save Cat and she wanted to be loyal to Steve so she turned down the offer from well.. ex - boyfriend. Besides, Cat had very little screen time in this episode - 2 or 3 minutes maybe. I really cringed when Steve didn't want to call Cat his girlfriend in season 3.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi!

Long time, no post. RL and stuff. But I´m back, and still loving H50

I loved this episode. It had action, humor and a bit of romance.

Just one thing that bugged me. Danny speech about Billy and Cath, What was that about?
shimifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Enjoyed this episode, as soon as I saw Danny's new car I pretty much figured Steve would nick it.
Raemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Like Danny's new ride. Hated to see white Camaro blown up, but love new black SS Camaro. Seems Chins Traverse got fixed quick. Steve immediately takes the keys. To bad for Danny, but he had to know, if not immediately, it would be soon. Also liked seeing the 1974 Mercury Marquis Steve owns from the original Series. Kono and Adam with a Jeep. Not sure how many are in a foreign country like that.

Kono and Adam at the cabin, nice area. She took out those assassins very nicely. used the McGarrett perp shield to perfection! When the Jeep broke down I figured they would be attached again. Adam wanted to send her home. But Kono wanting to go on the offensive made me smile. Surprised they haven't let the story line rest. But glad they aren't. But also surprised they were found so quickly. But the break in did that I guess.

Must be Doris is in deeper. That is ok for now. But no word on Charlie Fongs condition.

Chin happy for his new Computer!

Car talk was good! Did Steve check the results from Max?? I must of missed that part.

Liked Tim Daly as Ray Harper, Texas Ranger. Had been watching Wings lately on Netflix. So was surprised to see him. As wife pointed out, he still looks good. Wondered when Walker (Chuck Norris) would show up??, Him chasing the kidnappers of his daughter, to Hawaii was a good story line. Throwing Michael Maki in the trunk was cute, but in front of the camera?? But found dead later, not so good. Then peanut buttering up Tom Akuna and leaving him in the fields was funny. He prefers chunky, lol And the rat vs. mongoose story. Later Steve and Chin finding Akuna showering and still with peanut butter on his head made me laugh. Tracking down Amanda took a little effort and that was good. Carl Jacobson(Scrubs), using his gf for delivery of $75,000. Then she is held for random then sold into sex slavery? Steve quipping "let's saddle up" was funny. Team took down fortress easily enough. The dock fighting was good. But when They open the cargo box, and Ray finds only Amanda. I thought 2 things. 1, they didn't have other women in there? and 2, Steve, Danny and Chin just stand watching, I thought you can get attached by anyone not out of commission!! But it didn't happen. Action was good to me and no outrageous stunts. Seeing Duke 2 episodes in a row is a good sign.

Catherine and Billy Harrington(Night Rider) working together didn't seem to make Steve upset. I wonder what they have in store. Steve and Catherine are showing more affection then in seasons past. That is a good thing. Some story lines may come out of her being Security. maybe this change is in relationship to all the complaints about her being Navy and not H50, or using Navy resources as her own?
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread