Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ 3.13 “Olelo Ho’opa’I Make” ~ Sunday!! January 20 ~ Episode Discussion Thread!!

3.13 “Olelo Ho’opa’I Make”

“Death Sentence”

WHEN CHIN IS KIDNAPPED AND DROPPED IN The Middle OF HALAWA PRISON DRESSED AS AN INMATE, HE MUST FIGHT FOR HIS LIFE TO ESCAPE, ON “Hawaii Five-0,” ON A SPECIAL DAY AND TIME FOLLOWING THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL GAME, SUNDAY, JAN. 20

Episode to Feature Seven Never-Before-Heard Songs from the Late Legendary Artist Jimi Hendrix

Lindsay Price Guest Stars as a Prison Nurse

“Olelo Ho’opa’I Make*” – When Chin is kidnapped in the night and dropped in The Middle of Halawa Prison dressed as an inmate, he must fight for his life to escape before the other prisoners recognize him as Five-0, on Hawaii Five-0, on a special day and time following the AFC Championship football game, Sunday, Jan. 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Lindsay Price guest stars.

This episode will feature seven never-before-released recordings from the legendary Jimi Hendrix. These tracks – "Bleeding Heart," "Mojo Man," "Hey Gypsy Boy," "Inside Out," "Crash Landing," "Hear My Train A Comin'" and "Somewhere" – will be available on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 as part of People, Hell and Angels, an essential all-new Jimi Hendrix album from Experience Hendrix LLC and Sony Legacy, comprised of 12 previously unreleased Hendrix studio recordings. The album is a keystone in the ongoing celebration of the 70th anniversary of the birth of Jimi Hendrix. Cover art from this album is available at CBS Press Express | CBS Entertainment.

(*Olelo Ho’opa’I Make is Hawaiian for “Death Sentence”)

SERIES REGULARS:
Alex O’Loughlin (Steve McGarrett)
Scott Caan (Danny “Danno” Williams)
Daniel Dae Kim (Chin Ho Kelly)
Grace Park (Kono Kalakaua)
Masi Oka (Dr. Max Bergman)
Michelle Borth (Catherine Rollins)

RECURRING CAST:
Taylor Wily (Kamekona)
Dennis Chun (Sgt. Duke Lukela)
Brian Yang (Charlie Fong)
Ian Anthony Dale (Adam Noshimuri)
Will Yun Lee (Sang Min)
Daniel Baldwin (Paul Delano)

GUEST CAST:
Jason Scott Lee (Kaleo)
Matt Gerald (Warrick)
Kila Packett (Dave Lockhart)
Troy A. Ignacio (Joao Caetano)
Lisa Barnes (Dr. Harriet Palmer)
Brickwood Galuteria (Warden Grier)
Brandon Molale (Guard)
Spam Laupola (Booth Officer)
Dennis Keiffer (Bald Inmate)
Lindsay Price (Leilani)

WRITTEN BY: Steve Cwik
DIRECTED BY: Steve Boyum

Promo's and Sneak Peeks

Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode lots of excellent action sequences loved that Chin got his moment to shine. And DDK knocked it out of the park.

I wondering how the hell anyone could handcuff Chin to the bed without him waking up

I'm glad to see that they mentioned that Chin was getting help with his grief, seeing the shrink surprised me. But it is nice to know he is still in mourning and grief. He should be. I hope it keeps on going. and it would be totally in character for him to hide it from his team. Definitely think they are setting up Leilani (the Nurse) character as another love interest for Chin. Wouldn't mind that I liked her a lot but why kill off Malia only so Chin can have another love interest?

The action was great, loved McG flying Kamekona's chopper in to rescue Chin. It was good to see the Steve from season 1 back when he said ("We going in!!)

Catherine is back and at work and in uniform finally!! and being back doing favors for Steve but I loved the look on her face how concerned Cath was for Chin this favor was really for Chin, not Steve
I don't mind her helping out for the team but please give her a decent storyline! then doing favors for Steve I sound like a broken record how many times I already have said this

I was glad to see that Kono was not all that trusting of Adam, feeling bad for her, but was glad she was cop first when Adam got that suspicious phonecall. See a lot of trouble coming her way hope she will inform Steve any time soon now and not hide it from the team like she did last season.

Loved Sang Min helping Chin out at first and then, of course, finding a way to escape for him it is not safe anymore to be in Halawa prison now that he has helped a cop.

Komekono's breakfast buritto was funny to see especially when Steve tried one

Loved the Ohana moment at the end on Chin hospital bed

Can I say that Halawa prison seems to me the easiest jail in the world to break into or out

Last edited by Immunity; 01-21-2013 at 01:38 PM Reason: spelling correction
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was to easy for Paul Delano(actor played a same style jerk in Cold case), and associate could get Chin. It was to easy to sneak him in prison to even with the help of dirty guard, C. Warrick. It was nice of Danny and Steve to subdue him. The shrink (DR.Harriette Palmer) surprised me. But it is nice to know he is still in mourning and grief. He should be. I hope it keeps on going. We talked a couple weeks ago about how he seemed happy, and it was kinda quick. I was worried Komekonas Copter would be damaged by the rioters. They used "nice" guns to not kill or maim, but in all that chaos I guess that is why they could get in and back out. Sang Min helping, then turning Chin in was typical. I thought though he would be taken to the Guard shack and one could sneak out a call. But now he snuck out as a guard. Will Kono track him down?
I know Steve and Danny didn't have to interrogate Paul Delano, but it would have been fun to watch.
Dukes smile also made me happy when the team flew over. Warden Grier I could see why he said what he did to keep 5-0 out, but will there be ramifications?
Chin held his own against the bigger Kaleo. Yes in the Laundry room he had help from Sang Min. I knew Chin would help Leilani against the 2 inmates. Kaleo stabbing Chin and Sang Min stopping him and saying use him for leverage was good, and the call would have gotten out the location of Chin. At the end it seems Leilani(BeverlyHills90210) is close to Chin. To soon?
Komekono's Breakfast burrito was fun to see.
Didn't hear at end if guards were OK, or anything, or if Warrick was arrested.
Also Kono being suspicious of Adam can't end well.
Good episode. Wonder if the special showing was scheduled from an earlier time this season that maybe the Sandy Hook incident pre- emted it?
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

God this episode was just Awesome, lot of good action, an amazing DDK (as always in a Chin centric episode) and the epi goes very quickly for me but there's an other tonight
The string of events that takes Kono relationship with Adam is very exciting, I can't wait to see more and I love Kono being a cop after all and whatever it takes (hope that she'll tell Steve and the team if something goes wrong).
Of course being a huge Jimi Hendrix fan I loved the music thanks to PLekov

Last edited by macelia; 01-22-2013 at 07:46 AM
macelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by webruce (View Post)
At the end it seems Leilani(BeverlyHills90210) is close to Chin. To soon?
I liked Leilani and I don't have problems with it if she becomes Chin new love interest in the future, but first I want to see Chin dealing with his grief over Malia after Malia's funeral we didn't seen nothing about Chin feelings he worked and smiled as if nothing bad was happend in his life.

Quote:
Didn't hear at end if guards were OK, or anything, or if Warrick was arrested.
Good point! I completely forgot them and will Paul Delano now joined Kaleo in jail makes me wonder how Paul Delano knew Kaleo?

Quote:
Good episode. Wonder if the special showing was scheduled from an earlier time this season that maybe the Sandy Hook incident pre- emted it?
This episode would have been actually 3.10 I wonder if we will see that Chin still is injured tonight. They mixed up the whole schedule so much this season I lost track. Think it also had to do with Hurricane Sandy

From another forum

Quote:
Actually, if things hadn't got switched around this fall and they had shown the episodes as they were written, cast and filmed this episode should have shown at the end of November, right after the US Presidential election. But unfortunately, since they needed the Halloween and Christmas episodes to fall at very specific times, this is one of the two episodes that got pushed back to a later date.
Source

Last edited by Immunity; 01-21-2013 at 03:44 PM
Immunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
New Fan

Definitely an episode where Chin kicked butt (go daniel!). I'm really happy about that since Chin had been a bit neglected in recent episodes. I really liked Sangmin too.

And I'll take any scraps of kono and steve I can get. lol.
rockturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Moderator Manager

This was the best episode of the season so far!

Starting it with them already finding Paul Delano was a good move, the story was more focused on Chin's situation than trying to find out who the bad guy was and where he was at. It was about time that Chin got the spotlight and DDK did what he does best
The beginning with the guy standing over Chin's bed (which looks very much alike to Steve's) and Delano just watching was sort of creepy.

Steve and Chin's reaction to Kamekona's burrito were priceless... And listening to him describe all the ingredients didn't make me want to try that LOL
And now Kamekona buying a helicopter actually came in handy...
Loved that breakfast scene, even though Chin wasn't there. My favorite part was without a doubt seeing Kono arriving in her rollerblades - she was more beautiful than usual with those.
Now, it was a hell of a coincidence that Paul Delano sent Steve a message saying that Chin was heading to the North shore, and that was the exact place where he and Malia met and the anniversary day. Only part that felt off to me.
On the other hand, great seeing them all remembering Malia. I think the councelor was a good move to make them realize that Chin was missing and also giving us a glimpse of Chin's way of dealing with his loss.

The team at Chin's house being detectives was a very interesting and with good pace scene.
Meanwhile, everything that happened at the prison was AMAZING. Will Yun Lee is an awesome recurring guest, his character Sang Min is layere, complex and very smart in his way of always trying to get something out of the situation whether it was helping Chin out or delivering him to Kaleo. Having him hit Chin and remembering that the first time they met Chin did hit him in the face with an ashtray was great continuity and I LOVED it (kuddos to the writers).
The riot was also very well done, I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode.

Interesting adding the nurse Leilani to the mix, I just hope that TPTB don't try to make her a romantic interest for Chin now because it's too soon (I don't mind if that happens later working it slowly in the story). We've barely saw Chin grieve over Malia's death, and the first time it's brought up they already introduce a new romantic angle?! Sort of feels like a bad timing thing.

The team being BAMF together just made the episode go from AMAZING to freaking PERFECT. We don't get many scenes like that (main reason why I want the team to have like a huge case maybe terrorism or something like that so they can do that again).

Cath is back in her uniform and that makes me a happy fan. And the fact that she did yet another favor in this episode didn't bother me so much, considering that Chin's life was at risk. I felt like even though Steve was the one that asked, she actually did it to help Chin.

And as a McKono fan I can't not mention the brief moment where Steve tries to reassure Kono that Chin is going to be ok.... as far as McKono scenes' goes this was the first one we got this season.

I loved that Kono/Adam bath tube scene... so hot and romantic. I'm also glad that Kono is starting to get suspicious and is not so blindly defending Adam. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge KoDam shipper, but from the way she was acting a few episodes ago, she was being way too naive.
I liked that she asked Fong to trace the phone number because he is her friend. And the fact that he readily helped her and asked if she was sure was super sweet.
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

I love how the H50 team has turned into a family. I was cheering so hard when they managed to get to the prison to rescue Chin!

Why were there 2 episodes this week? Not that I'm complaining But I am curious.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

Steve Cwik should write all the eps from now on.

Asian Invasion!!! WOOHOO!!!

DDK, Jason Scott Lee, Grace, Will Yun Lee, Ian Anthony Dale, Lindsay Price!!! Wow! I want an ep like that all the time!

Also, apparently someone bookmarked or has taken note of this post of mine and this from 2 years ago and is casting all of my suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a whut whut?? (OTH reference)

I really liked this ep! I loved that it was Chin Ho-centric and that it tied up loose ends and even allowed for a new potential (obvious) love interest for Chin I loved the Sang Min part too and that he’s free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Jason Scott Lee and I wish his character didn’t have to die. He’s such an underrated actor. He should be cast in other really good shows.

The Kono/Adam scenes (especially the bath tub) were just OMFGASLDFJASDLFAHSDGFASLDH
Too bad he’s becoming a shady character again. I bet it was his brother, Michael, on that phone. I don’t want Adam to be a bad guy again! I want Kono’s happy ending with him!

Cath! I’m guessing H50 is trying to slowly but steadily win the hearts of the anti-Cath club by not including her in a majority of the scenes. I get it, I get that they’re showing they learned their lesson from Lori-gate, but I have to say that they DON’T have to do that this time around. Cath has been on the show from season 1 and wasn’t shoved down the viewers’ throats like Lori was, so all this eggshell walking is for nothing. Michelle’s a regular already and I think she’s earned more airtime/onscreen exposure.

I LOVE Lindsay Price!!! Now that she’s Chin Ho’s potential love interest, I hope it’s a sign that she’s going to be a recurring guest

Very pleased with this ep!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Extreme Fan

With two eppie this week, I hope I don't get them confursed

This was a pretty good eppie. I loved seeing a Chin-centerd eppie and DDK was awesome!!

Random Thoughts:

It was good to see Chin facing his grief in therapy.

Gosh I love Sang Min!! What an interesting complex character. He always seems to come up with some good lines:

Chin: "I didn't do anything"

Sang Min: "That's what we all say"

I was afraid that he would be killed off, so I was glad to see his escape at the end.

It is good to see Catherine back in uniform and back at work. This time I didn't roll my eyes at Steve's favor because Chin's life was in danger.

I was cheering watching the rest of the Core Four storm the prison and kicking butt to save Chin. I got a big kick out of Sgt. Lukela's face when Steve at el entered the prison in the copter when told not to.

Good continuity with Jason Scott Leigh and his character.

I always enjoy watching Steve flying a copter and Kammekono telling Steve he still had 64 payments left.

While I enjoyed LeiLani and Chin's inteaction, I agree with everyone it is too soon for Chin to have a romantic interest.

Loved the bathtub scene with Adam and Kono. IMO they are still the show's hottest couple. Although why do I think the whole "Adam-going-legit" is going to hit a snag? Kono needed to open her eyes but I hope she isn't disappointed.

Overall: two thumbs up!!!
Crazyfor5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The team being BAMF together just made the episode go from AMAZING to freaking PERFECT. We don't get many scenes like that (main reason why I want the team to have like a huge case maybe terrorism or something like that so they can do that again).
I really would like that need more BAMF team scene's it was a pretty dam perfect episode!!

Quote:
Why were there 2 episodes this week? Not that I'm complaining But I am curious.
CBS decided to boost the ratings for H5O to show a episode right after the football game which had 42 million viewers.

I rather wish they showed a repeat last night because now we have a break for 2 weeks!

Quote:
Steve Cwik should write all the eps from now on.
Totally!!

Quote:
Also, apparently someone bookmarked or has taken note of this post of mine and this from 2 years ago and is casting all of my suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a whut whut?? (OTH reference)
well done Kara

Quote:
I really liked this ep! I loved that it was Chin Ho-centric and that it tied up loose ends and even allowed for a new potential (obvious) love interest for Chin I loved the Sang Min part too and that he’s free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was awesome Chin finally got some screentime and DDK rocked it!!
Happy Sang-Min escaped means we will see him back for sure I like Sang Min so much more then Wo-Fat

Quote:
Cath! I’m guessing H50 is trying to slowly but steadily win the hearts of the anti-Cath club by not including her in a majority of the scenes. I get it, I get that they’re showing they learned their lesson from Lori-gate, but I have to say that they DON’T have to do that this time around. Cath has been on the show from season 1 and wasn’t shoved down the viewers’ throats like Lori was, so all this eggshell walking is for nothing. Michelle’s a regular already and I think she’s earned more airtime/onscreen exposure.
Amen!! Kara you have read my mind this exactly how I feel about it!
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 AM
Extreme Fan

I actually watched the episode on an english airport and I loved it.It was a very intense episode and I felt like in the episode where Chin had that colar bomb around his neck and we had flashback as well.

I was happy to see a Chin episode and that someone is trying to punish him for what he did.He did pretty well but I am still wondering what is the part of Min Ho in this show.I like him when he is good and I think that in the most part he is a good man who wants to cooperate with 5-0 but he is playing his own game in the meantime and he is fighting for his survival.

I forgot her name but I think the doctor from the prison was very cute and I hope that something happens between her and Chin.Maybe it is because I am a woman but the first moment I saw her I thought that she would be a great fit for him.But if something happens it will be far in the future.I still hope to see how he coped with loosing his wife.

Kono`s story was nice too but I dont want to see Adam playing dark games all over again.But there has to be a drama right?

As I said it was a very intense episode and I liked that fact that it kept me on edge the whole time.But as good as the story was I still cannot understand how Chin could be brought in prison in the middle of the night and no one realises it.

icon made by:Si_Crazy
somehowsundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread