Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 06:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
I'm so glad that TVD is a show and not real life because having to go through something like that would be so awful.
On the other hand, living in the world of TVD means that you would never get bored . Your life expectancy might drop a lot though!
Old 02-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Credit
Old 02-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Those gifs are very nice! I've always found it funny how one of Elena's greatest fears is to become like Katherine. And Damon was quite fond of drawing up similarities between the two as well, at least in Season 2.

Last edited by Protean; 02-23-2015 at 03:27 AM
Old 02-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh those gifs are perfect thanks for them
Old 02-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protean (View Post)
On the other hand, living in the world of TVD means that you would never get bored . Your life expectancy might drop a lot though!
Yeah, that's true...but I don't know...I might prefer my boring life.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 03-04-2015, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protean (View Post)
Those gifs are very nice! I've always found it funny how one of Elena's greatest fears is to become like Katherine. And Damon was quite fond of drawing up similarities between the two as well, at least in Season 2.
Yes he was. And it did not make Elena very happy. They certainly are alike in appearance and taste in men
Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So much alike Elena just doesn't like to admit it
Old 03-05-2015, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

So true, but I don't blame her I think it bothers her a lot because Katherine was the one who slept with the brothers and was seen as bad for that but now she has slept with both so I think she's scared to be painted with that same brush
Old 03-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't blame her either she wasn't doing it at the same time like Katherine was but she still did fall in love with both of the Salvatore's
Old 03-16-2015, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

She did, and it did cause problems and was not a good thing to do, But she knows this, she really has guilt deep down. With Kath though, she seemed to love it, and enjoyed watching them compete to win her affections. They both made the same bad choice but they approached it very differently
Old 03-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Canary (View Post)
So much alike Elena just doesn't like to admit it
That couldn't be any more true.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 03-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just think that Elena should admit how alike she is to Katherine admitting it will just help her realize the truth and deal with it
Old 03-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

That's easier said than done for her, I'm sure.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
I just think that Elena should admit how alike she is to Katherine admitting it will just help her realize the truth and deal with it
Like Ash said, this is probably a hard thing for Elena to admit I imagine I think she knows deep down that there are similarities but doesn't want to hear it come from her own mouth or anyone else because she thinks being like Katherine is being an awful manipulating bitch that killed many and went by the motto "better you die than I" and that's but Katherine wasn't always like this. When we got to see Kath's human side in the flashbacks we got a different side to her, but then she's running from Klaus, he kills her whole family, and was made to give up her baby so those circumstances changed her for the worse so I think that human Katherine and Elena were alike but Elena never knew her as a human, she just knows the vampire version
Old 03-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
Like Ash said, this is probably a hard thing for Elena to admit I imagine I think she knows deep down that there are similarities but doesn't want to hear it come from her own mouth or anyone else because she thinks being like Katherine is being an awful manipulating bitch that killed many and went by the motto "better you die than I" and that's but Katherine wasn't always like this. When we got to see Kath's human side in the flashbacks we got a different side to her, but then she's running from Klaus, he kills her whole family, and was made to give up her baby so those circumstances changed her for the worse so I think that human Katherine and Elena were alike but Elena never knew her as a human, she just knows the vampire version
If Elena lives for five hundred years, she'll start to feel so distant from the world and everything around her would probably feel more and more surreal. IMO, the key difference between Elena and Katherine is that Elena hasn't actually felt what it is really like to be immortal, when the world you know is long dead and lives on only in your memory. When that happens, she'll have to embrace the every new era and just taste it like a fine wine, while laughing at how ridiculous its values are (whatever said values may be). Or she'll just get depressed and miss the "good old days" and everything will suck, (tut tut, Stefan anyone?). Katherine got a nudge from Klaus when he slaughtered her family and showed her exactly how much human values are worth when you are immortal and accountable to no one. (Well that and the fact that the most important thing in the Renaissance was social influence and prestige anyway, so Katherine grew up in an environment where power trumps all.) From Katherine's point of view, she doesn't sleep with the two brothers in spite of the fact of it being 'wrong', she does it because she believes it is perfectly acceptable for her, and the fact that she can . She doesn't need to listen to whatever the Victorian morals say at the time, as she thinks they're utterly ridiculous.

Last edited by Protean; 03-30-2015 at 07:58 PM