Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Thanks bb

Yeah, that's why it annoys me too! Titles are serious business for me

Old 08-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for adding me Kara

Isobel was amazing so intense and emotional for Elena she had so much to go through. First there was meeting her mother who only wanted to meet her to ge the device. Finding out Jeremy knows about Anna and everything else from reading her Diary. Isobel telling her that Damon is in love with her and then when she finds out what Bonnie did and what Damon figured out that John is actually Elenas father! Its a lot to take in poor Elena
Old 08-22-2010, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, IKR? But it's such a great episode for her!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Phoenix~ (View Post)
Thanks for adding me Kara

Isobel was amazing so intense and emotional for Elena she had so much to go through. First there was meeting her mother who only wanted to meet her to ge the device. Finding out Jeremy knows about Anna and everything else from reading her Diary. Isobel telling her that Damon is in love with her and then when she finds out what Bonnie did and what Damon figured out that John is actually Elenas father! Its a lot to take in poor Elena
It was an awesome ep for Elena Intense and emotional like you said, Emma. Very revealing of her character too. Poor girl had a lot to take in and deal with but she really showed her strength and fire and compassion once again. I liked that we saw her in a truly vulnerable space too--we often see her handling things and getting on with it, but this was just about too much for her.

That scene with Isobel where she hands over the device was just heartbreaking! Even after Isobel had threatened Jeremy and her friends, Elena was still kind of looking for a sign of humanity in her. Elena was really defiant and strong in the way she reacted to Isobel but then afterwards you could see how everything was taking its toll, she looked so sad and lost
Old 08-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

It did show more of her strong character all through the series she has had so much to deal with and handle and we do normally see her handle it and then get on with things. But this was so different she had so much to take in by the end she had had enough and she was so vulnerable she let herself appear vulnerable which was different because normally she puts up such a strong front not wanting everyone to see how upset or hurt she is
Old 08-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But this was so different she had so much to take in by the end she had had enough and she was so vulnerable she let herself appear vulnerable which was different because normally she puts up such a strong front not wanting everyone to see how upset or hurt she is
I completely agree Emma As heartbreaking as it was to watch, it was good to see that vulnerability, that side of her, how upset she was. And can you really blame her after everything that had happened and everything she was trying to deal with? Poor girl But she is a fighter I would like her to know one day that she was right about Isobel, that there is some humanity in her.. and that she does care
Old 08-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I hope so too Kara! She had too much to go through already, that would be a positive thing for her
Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline<3 (View Post)
I hope so too Kara! She had too much to go through already, that would be a positive thing for her
Yeah she needs some more positives in her life, it's completely crazy at the moment

A few questions..

What do you like most about Elena?
What are your favourite Elena scenes/ episodes?
What would you like to see from Elena's character/ storyline in season 2?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

What do you like most about Elena?That's she's positive and sees the best in everyone. Also she's really enegetic and fearless.
What are your favourite Elena scenes/ episodes?Any episode that we can see her being a strong young lady.
What would you like to see from Elena's character/ storyline in season 2?I'd love to see her battleing with Katherine.

I am selfish. I am brave.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

What do you like most about Elena? : That she's outgoing and a risk taker, she doesn't back down.
What are your favourite Elena scenes/ episodes?: 1x14 - she wouldn't leave Damon in the tomb to die and 1x20 - she stood by DS even thoigh some wouldn't
What would you like to see from Elena's character/ storyline in season 2? : Her growing stronger and not backing down from a fight even more so.
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr

Last edited by like a perfect storm; 08-25-2010 at 09:33 AM
Old 08-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to see stronger Elena in season 2!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 08-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

I bet she'll be awsome!

Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, I posted a response last night and lost it

Anyway, I agree with you girls. I love Elena's fearlessness, strength, independence and resilience and the fact that she looks for the best in everyone. She's got a fighting spirit that I love and admire so much And I love her feisty side too, I want to see more of it She's headstrong and courageous and she sometimes goes into dangerous situations without thinking of the consequences but she does it to help the people she cares about

I have a hard time narrowing down my favourite Elena episodes I made a list the other day - 1x03, 1x04, 1x06, 1x07, 1x10, 1x11, 1x14, 1x15, 1x19, 1x20 and 1x21, and I don't know what to cut Like Sara said, Elena standing by Stefan and Damon in 1x20 is one of my favourites. She really showed her love for Stefan there. Another one of my favourites is in 1x19 when she stabs Stefan with her vervain dart, which would have been extremely difficult for her. She did what she had to do, she wanted to help Stefan. I also really love the scene with Stefan in 1x10, where we learn more about her past (her interest in becoming a writer etc) and she tells him that she knows what she wants. She goes after what she wants. And then 1x21, it's my favourite episode of the entire season, and one of my favourite Elena episodes... I just love the vulnerability she shows there. All the time she's trying to be strong but by this ep things were starting to get on top of her/ get too much for her and her interactions with Isobel, in particular the final encounter, were just heartbreaking. It was just getting too much. By god, she's resilient, but I can see her breaking down in future.

In season 2, I want to see her showing more of her kickass and feisty self, and more SLs that are her own, rather than being entangled with the brothers. Like you mentioned Sille--- a showdown with Elena and Katherine is another thing I want to see!

Last edited by arakha; 08-26-2010 at 01:11 PM
Old 08-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

I couldn't agree more Kara! I love that she's so courageous! Not everyone would have reacted so "well" and could deal with the supernatural like she does! That would have scared the **** of me if I was her, but she was strong and I admire that! She stands up for what she believes in and she would always be here to protect the persons she loves, that's just fabulous!

She sure should kick a bit Katherine's ass in season 2