Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Wicked Book Discussion 1: And they should know by now that I'm always watching.

This is the place to discuss Wicked, the 5th book in the Pretty Little Liars series.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait to start discussing all these books
Old 08-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Disappointed by two references to Spencer as OCD. OCD is not a trait, it's a disorder, and Spencer has actually little in common with it. Why not just say "uptight"?

I liked Andrew/Spencer, better than Spencer/Toby on the show. And I prefer the book version of Lucas to the show one.

edit: I was also annoyed by the constant brand name dropping. Yeah, it really makes a difference if the shirt is Lacoste or something else.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually did really like Andrew/Spencer, I wish they would have had him as a character on the show but I guess there's still time for that, if they wanted to add it. And I do like that there's no logical reason for book Lucas being ostracized other than Ali had just decided it was so.

I think the point of the name dropping is just well so that we don't ever forget just how wealthy these kids are. It tends to happen a lot in books that are essentially about rich kids.

Chrissy |
Old 08-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I actually did really like Andrew/Spencer, I wish they would have had him as a character on the show but I guess there's still time for that, if they wanted to add it.
I wish SA could happen in canon too; I won't give up hope yet!

Quote:
I think the point of the name dropping is just well so that we don't ever forget just how wealthy these kids are. It tends to happen a lot in books that are essentially about rich kids.
Agreed, also, Spencer and Hanna are more ~aware of fashion. Emily's sections have less brand name drops. I THINK Aria's do too, but I can't remember off-hand.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope they'll decide to bring his character on for the show. I'd be okay with her ending up with Andrew since I doubt she'll end up with Wren. But maybe they'll save Andrew for a later season?

Yeah, Hanna and Spencer have the most name drops, and the kind of name drop depends on the girl. I felt like Emily basically didn't have them and I don't really remember them being in the Aria sections either

Chrissy |
Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

They were in the intro too, that was the most annoying bit.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Addicted Fan

I like this book.