Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Mona being alive is crucial at this point. The show needs it, and she's always been a character worth keeping around. I would love to know how I would have reacted had I not known, but at the same time, I kind of like knowing

Probably where they left off Anything else would be annoying imo.

I think the Charmed writers job, in a way, was so much harder. They had to create this fantasy world inside the real world and write it in a way that didn't seem completely childish. In a way that actually seemed applicable to real life, and they managed that very well, imo.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-09-2015, 05:36 PM
New Fan

No that's totally true, to create such a magical ambiance within a show without it being deemed as child like is one hell of a job. Make believe is always reaaaalll fun

When Mona and Alison were absent for them episodes in 5B i think it flatlined. Without those two within the show, i think it lacks that extra spark. When them two are around you know stuff is about to go doooowwwn
Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It is, but it's so easy to fall into the trap of it becoming childish when you bring in the fantasy elements. Charmed avoided that, and I'm so glad they did. It was a fantastic show.

Those two being missing was annoying. Mona's by far one of their most interesting characters, so her being absent sucked, and they went through all that trouble to get Alison back in the mix and then stopped using her, which was ridiculous, but made worse by the story she had, because it was so much better than anything the others had, and we didn't see it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-09-2015, 06:16 PM
New Fan

Everything you have said i agree with 100%. The writers sometimes need to remember the show wouldn't be what it is without Alison, after all the plot is pretty much based around her. Obviously over the years we have had story-lines that have stemmed from the other characters personal lives but the really missed out on so many opportunities to play with Alison's character.

I really disliked how they had the audience and characters thinking Ali was A. Although it worked for certain plot lines to fit in, i think they could of gone down a complete different route and even made one of the other liars look suspicious.

Mona on the other hand is on of those characters you hate but you have to love at the same time. She was the original A we all learned to dislike and by loosing her it, i personally felt a bit lost. Bringing her back was the best decision, although i'm not liking the repetitive habit the writers are getting into in regards to bringing characters back from the dead.

I'm now hoping anyone who dies, stays dead. My tiny little sherlock brain can't take the strain anymore
Old 04-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There is no show without Alison. It's that simple. Why they aren't using her is beyond me

I've replied to the rest of your post in the episode discussion thread so as not to unexpectedly spoil anyone that haven't seen it yet.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 PM
New Fan

OMG here's me totally forgetting people are only just starting to watch it. WOOOOOPS

Yes reply there. Or private message, whatever suits you
Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I forgot too Figured when I noticed that we should move to the episode discussion thread.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f346/welcome...-2-a-63146788/
Old 04-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

http://www.fanforum.com/f346/house-h...bout-63146790/

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieBirds (View Post)
Hi i'm new on here i want to be able to find some place other than twitter where i can speak to fans of the show!
I copied the questions from a previous reply just to make things easier
Name: Billie
Birthday/Age: February 27th- age: 23
Favorite characters/ships: Emison and Haleb all the way!!! Character wise i love Ali, Mona and Hanna
What other fandoms are you part of: Lady Gaga, OUAT and Charmed
What's your dirty little secret?: Haha who says i have any hmm?
Welcome. I love Charmed. I started watching PLL because of Holly and got hooked on the show.

IG | Tumblr
Old 04-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We should rename this board the PLL & Charmed board.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2727 (View Post)
We should rename this board the PLL & Charmed board.
Ahaha i love this
Old 04-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f346/benzo-n...hday-63146954/
Old 04-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Name: Iael or Selena, whatever you like.
Birthday/Age: April 27th- Age: 23
Favorite characters/ships: Ezria // Aria and Spencer.
What other fandoms are you part of: Jennifer Lawrence // Grey's Anatomy // Ellen Pompeo.
What's your dirty little secret?: I get obsessed with thing really really easy :s