Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Wanted Book Discussion #1: Emily, Hanna, Aria and Spencer could get everything they've ever wanted.

This is the place to discuss Wanted, the 8th book in the Pretty Little Liars series.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening. Now, I need to stay out of this thread
Old 07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

I just decided I'm gonna open them all now while I was at it . I'm gonna take care of OPs tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

this is the book i liked the least i didn't really liked the mistery solution
Old 07-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in Love ~ (View Post)
this is the book i liked the least i didn't really liked the mistery solution
Yeah, I thought the whole solution was a bit weak. Right up until the very end, I was convinced it was Melissa who was A and who had killed Ali. It just seemed right to me.

The parts I loved best: Emily/Ali, Hanna/Mike, Aria/Noel (FINALLY), and the ~open ending~
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Supreme Fan

I liked this book very much. After so many possible killers, it was surprising that Ali was the one who did it. I didn't see that coming.
I loved the couples that ended up together. Hanna/Mike were so sweet, Aria/Noel-finally!!! Spencer/Andrew....
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was convinced it was Melissa who was A and who had killed Ali. It just seemed right to me.
me too

it didn't make sense that ali killed ali since in the first/second book they say that spencer couldn't have killed her because she wasn't strong enough, melissa would have made sense, i thought it was her when she said "you have to be an unique person to kill"

Quote:
Hanna/Mike were so sweet, Aria/Noel-finally!!!
two of my favorite pairings, on the other hand i never really liked spencer/andrew
Old 07-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

I was glad that Aria/Noel and Spencer/Andrew ended up together!! They were my favorite couples.

At first I wasn't sure that I liked how it ended but then the more I thought about it I think that Sara Shepard did a good job with the last book. I did enjoy reading it. I was sad that the series is over though.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

100 more pages and I'm onto this book! Just wanted to pop in and see what was going on in here. :]
Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Got the book last night and finished it today. Here are some of my thoughts:

I was really bummed that Ali had a twin sister, since that's what I was thinking since like, I don't even remember, something like book 3/4? I was really bummed that I was right about that, I wanted to be surprised.

The Pretty Little Liars were awesome in this book. I was a little surprised that I still love everyone in the books. Aria is so much more unique in the books, a bit kooky and mysterious, and that's what I love so much about her (and that what I miss about her in the show). Hanna is as amazing in the show as in the books, she's fabulous. I like that in the end of this book, she really doesn't care that Naomi and Riley call her a loser or a bitch. I was so proud! Emily is still my least favorite, but I really liked her a lot more in this one, she's a really good girl. I loved the little scene we got with Caroline, I really love her, I wish she was in the show. Spencer is just such a smart, brave girl. And I feel like even though she went through so much in this series (first of all Ali's disappearence/murder, Wren, Golden Orchid, Mona almost killing her, her bitch- um, birth mom, everything with Ian, the affair between her dad & Jessica DiLaurentis a.k.a. finding out Ali is her sister, suspecting Melissa, and almost getting killed again) she'll be ok, eventually. I also think this will somehow help her be less, idk, perfectionistic about everything.

I hated the constant hints to Melissa being the supposed killer. I really never ever believed Melissa could be the killer. But sometimes, I guess, writers want to create chaos and confusion.

I really wish we could've gotten some more of Jason in this book. I just felt that somehow, we needed to know more from Jason's side, and I was just sad we didn't get anything.

About Wilden, I really felt we also needed more of him. I mean, I still need some explaning about his Amish girlfriend . . . Cause that was weird. I also wanted a scene of Wilden & the girls, maybe at the end of the book. Especially since it's like the end of the story for us, but also for the whole murder investigation and all. I just wouldn't loved a moment between him and the girls.

Kate was a real bitch in this book, I still can't believe Tom (Hanna's dad) was always on his side. I obviously totally yayed when we found out Ashley was coming back to save Hanna. Phew!

About the whole Billy thing, obviously everyone knew that he didn't kill Ali, and Ian, AND Jenna. It's just too ridiculous for words that a man they didn't even know would kill the three of them, all, AND send creepy messages to them. Seriously creepy. I'm glad we didn't have a whole book about Billy, cause that wouldn't have been interesting.

Okay, back to the whole twin sister thing. From the moment we met Courtney, I couldn't stand her. I seriously believed that either she was CRAZY or that she was Ali. Lol, seems I was right about both things. I was really confused when the girls read that letter about "Courtney" actually being Ali, after the real Courtney made them switch places and sent the real Ali to a mental hospital. (I can't believe their parents couldn't tell them apart. That's just crazy.) Still, seriously, that seems like NO reason to kill your sister over. But that's just me.

I love that this book has an open ending, it's really genius

Sorry this is all out of order!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

The book kinda revealed to be boring in the beginning, but then it just got better. The secret twin thing was kinda obvious (like when Hanna saw the Ali-lookalike picture at the preserve, Ian seeing two blondes in the woods that night, and the PLLs seeing Ali the night of the fire) , and I suspected that the twin might be behind the murder, but it was still crazy to believe!
I would've never thought in a million years that Courtney became Ali and vice versa, that has to be the major twist in the story. Sure, I hated Courtney for that, but the real Ali also revealed to be just as insane (if not more) as her poor mentally unstable twin who had no control over what she was doing. 'Cause if you're willing to kill your own sister and so many other innocent people to get revenge on her for stealing your oh so perfect life than you're the real psycho in the story!

Anyways, I thought the book was a great conclusion to the series. Tho, I agree about Wilden and Jason. They're the only characters that didn't get any closure. I would've loved to see Jason's views on the whole thing and yeah I would've liked to learn more about him. About Wilden, I would've loved to learn more about the Amish girlfriend storyline and also his views on the investigation (I was surprised that he knew about the twin!) and a moment with the PLLs at the end. And speaking of the PLLs, I love that they became BFFs again. Just like I hoped all along.
The open ending cracked me up big time! About Ali possibly surviving the explosion at the Poconos, and Emily hearing a familiar giggle at the cemetery. Now she might be off somewhere in the country tormenting other girls and picking them as her new BFFs!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The open ending is great. I wish there was a follow up book, but that would probably ruin it though
Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Well, i'm on book four and totally in love with Aria/Ezra. I don't think I want to finish the series if she doesn't end up with him I'm so sad.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

^Wow, you're only on book 4? are you sure you wanna be spoiled by coming to this thread?
Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

After Ezra moved to Providence in like the 4th chapter I wanted to know if he came back because they are my favorite parts of the book. I found myself skipping chapters just to get to them.