Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame.of.love (View Post)
I'm sure Toby knew his girlfriend was seeing a therapist. He figured out that Spencer said something to her about what was going on, so he went looking for Dr. Sullivan to get some answers. The only question is how he found her.
I don't know how he found her but he def knew Spencer was seeing her because when they are making out in the truck in 2X11 she says something like "Dr. Sullivan said not to be afraid"
Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Extreme Fan

A quote from Oliver Goldstick's interview about last night episode (he's an executive producer of PLL) :
Quote:
TVLINE | How are things for Toby and Spencer?
They’re back on track — how could you not forgive this guy for everything he did now that you know it was all a ruse?
And look at these even if a little out of Spoby topic :

Ratings - ABC Family's "Pretty Little Liars" Finale Generates the Most-Social Media Buzz in Television History; Network's #1 Telecast Ever in Women 18-34 | TheFutonCritic.com

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ratings-302240
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...

Last edited by Nanours; 03-20-2012 at 04:08 PM
Old 03-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Also can we add Dr. Sullivan to our list of unofficial Spoby fans? Feels fitting after she smiled at them last night
Old 03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterpatronus1 (View Post)
Also can we add Dr. Sullivan to our list of unofficial Spoby fans? Feels fitting after she smiled at them last night
I agree she should be added ...
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Yes she should be added! I loved everyone's reactions to the kiss ♥

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 03-20-2012 at 05:06 PM
Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How did Toby know how to contact Dr. Sullivan in the finale of Pretty Little Liars? If she was that easy to locate, wouldn’t the girls have found her already?

Ausiello: We put your burning question in front of exec producer Oliver Goldstick, who explains, “Toby hiding his valiant effort to protect Spencer was very connected to Jenna because he really was hoping that if she was indeed treacherous, he could find something from the inside. So, that’s what that was about. All of the loved ones of the PLLs were aware of Dr. Sullivan, and her sudden disappearance from Rosewood would have sparked interest and curiosity among them. Again, Toby had been clued in that someone was torturing the girls, so he made the connection that that person could have been holding Dr. Sullivan at bay. I can’t explain all of that to you now — it will certainly unfold — but he knew there was a time she could come back and confirm who indeed was tormenting the girls. Obviously, Mona was seeing Dr. Sullivan, too, if you remember the episode where she was looking through her files and realized who ‘A’ was.”
Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I can't wait for season 3!
Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Addicted Fan

So my question now is, how was he clued in to the fact that girls were being tormented? Or did he put it all together like he did with the other stuff? Ashley figured out someone was bullying them so he could have too.

And what Goldstick said makes me love ST even more if that is even possible. Toby went to such great lengths to protect her.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Toby's smart. I think he probably realized that someone was tormenting them. Spencer had been cryptic and saying things like "it's not safe" and "I'm so close to telling you" for months. It's not that hard to put the pieces together that they were being threatened and the person threatening them probably had something to do with the weird disappearances going on all around town.
Luna/Neville, Charlie/Clare, 13/Chase, Sean/Ellie, Caleb/Hannah, Emma/Graham, Gale/Katniss, Monica/Chandler, Luke/Lorelei, Kurt/Blaine, Eli/Clare
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

GUYS! A future sex scene?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltandvinegarchips (View Post)
Toby's smart. I think he probably realized that someone was tormenting them. Spencer had been cryptic and saying things like "it's not safe" and "I'm so close to telling you" for months. It's not that hard to put the pieces together that they were being threatened and the person threatening them probably had something to do with the weird disappearances going on all around town.
Very true. I feel like I need to re-watch all their scenes again so I can pick up on all the clues Toby would have picked up on based on what Spencer told him and what was going on.

She told him more than once she wanted to keep him safe. The first time she broke up with him she said she found a way to keep her secrets without everyone around her getting hurt. He knew she was being framed for Alison's murder like he was. He knew Jenna was after her. He knew she was seeing Dr. Sullivan and after the girls got arrested Dr. Sullivan disappeared. He also first found out about A when they were in Jenna's hotel room. The note on the bag of ice said "you are getting colder-A". Then he was there at the fashion show when A ruined the Alison dedication. He was there the night at the carnival when A trapped Spencer in the fun house so she would have told him what happened there. Finally, he knew Spencer was always playing detective.

He definitely could have figured a lot out based on that alone. And he could have found out more by living with Jenna than we even know about.

It will be interesting to see how this whole thing is unveiled in S3.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyoubemycharizard (View Post)

GUYS! A future sex scene?
OMG OMG OMG! I had no idea a future sex scene is coming. Now I'm really going to die waiting for June 5th to hit! Agh...my dream is coming true

If I don't make it out of this, tell Jack that I love him
Emily Thorne
Old 03-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

I usually don't post in this thread, but I just thought I'd be one more person to vocalize my appreciation for the Spoby scenes in 2.25.

An excerpt from my blog post about the season finale:

Quote:
By far, the most interesting couple in the Pretty Little Liars' season finale was Spencer and Toby. What could have been construed as a red herring that Toby was A turned out to be Toby as the hero. All this time, he was pretending to not love Spencer anymore. Not only did his actions prove that he is Spencer's equal – a good match and partner for her, but Toby also made his case for being the liars' best asset in whatever battles await them yet. After all, if Toby can fool Mona as A, there aren't going to be many people he won't be able to outsmart. Plus, his little moment with Spencer when they reunited was perhaps the sexiest moment on this show thus far. Spencer went to slap him, but Toby caught her by the wrist, trapping her hand and wrenching her closer with it so that he could kiss her, reclaim her, possess her. It wasn't overt like a naked Caleb in the shower, but perhaps that was half of its charm.
Also, I love that it was Troian's idea for Spencer to try and slap only for Toby to grab her hand.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Fan Forum Star