Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
sounds like a nice idea
There was only three of us, but we enjoyed it. We stopped when the show came back (after the time jump, I think, so 6B) and kind of never picked it up again.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

I would hate to lose the PLL board as this board has been around since the show started. Those were some great memories. I would love for it to remain open for the old fans and for the future fans who may decide they might want to watch the show from the beginning, but it’s not up to me.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 07-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

We could try to keep it open for now. As long as we get more traffic. We'll see how the next couple of weeks go and then I'll re-evaluate.

Last edited by Artemis; 07-28-2017 at 07:02 PM
Old 08-03-2017, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah I've been avoiding this thread, because it makes me sad to think of this board closing. Although it may be for the best, I loved modding this board so much.

Our livechats were epic y'all. I still can't believe the show ended tbh I feel like it was just yesterday were going crazy over 225
Old 08-06-2017, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

No, the board can't close.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

what?! closing the board? no please
Old 08-23-2017, 03:05 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

There's 2-3 active posters here. We need more people posting to keep the board going. So, post. AND we'll need another moderator. So if you want to keep the board going, apply.

I am willing to give the board another try, but I need help.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

the orphan black board is closing this weekend, and having been a mod of here AND there, i will say sometimes it's just time to let a board go. posting is no longer fun when it becomes an obligation you must fulfill every day. it's very difficult to keep a board running in general, but especially after a show has ended. yes there are exceptions, but they are EXCEPTIONS. i think it can be difficult to grasp the amount of time and personal effort it takes [for mods] to keep a board running for 7 whole years and beyond. this is why i have always been a proponent of closing a board when it feels right and not just hanging on for the sake of hanging on.

just my two cents. i have seen boards limp along for years after a show ended and really, it wasn't very fun.
S T A R D U S T
Old 08-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Some boards definitely do need to be let go. It can be difficult sustaining interest once the show has ended. If a board has enough regular, dedicated posters that are willing to stick around it's worth trying to keep it, but those do seem to be rare.

It would be nice to keep this board, but it needs more than a handful of posters that only post in one/two shipper threads - a board cannot be kept open solely for a handful of shipper threads that get posted in once or twice every couple of days.

It's not an easy decision with this board because the interest does seem to be there, but not everyone showing that interest seems to be posting.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thanks, Leigh. That is correct. If the ships are the only reason to post, we have a Couples board to keep those going.

But if people want to continue talking about the show, having rewatches, survivors, talking about the friendships, that's good to keep the board open. But those other threads need the traffic. We can organize rewatches and survivors, as long as people participate. We have so many family and friendships from this show, but those threads rarely get activity. That's what makes the show and that's what should be able to sustain the board.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Hey everyone! Sorry about this but I understand that traffic can be low once a show ends and it's difficult to sustain interest. I had the same dilemma when I moderated Downton Abbey.

If you all decide to close the board, we have a thread on the Television board that you can visit and talk about the show: http://www.fanforum.com/f40/pretty-l...g-us-62957931/

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Thanks, Lindsay!

The board will be closing Sunday, September 17. We've had a great run! There's still plenty of places to chat about PLL. TV board. Troian's board. Celebrities board.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Aww! A board closing is always bittersweet but at least we have this time to say goodbye.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the tips.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for letting us know. I'll continue the movie inspiration watch at Troian's, for anyone that is interested.

ETA: Started a thread at Troian's for the movie watch continuation - http://www.fanforum.com/f399/monthly...-1-a-63196495/

Leigh Tumblr

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 09-16-2017 at 03:07 PM