Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

"Mona-Mania!" (3x15): Episode Discussion 2

[made by Twisty]

3x15: Mona-Mania!
Janaury 15, 2013 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
After the shocking events at the school marathon, Aria, Emily and Spencer are sure now more than ever that Mona is up to her old tricks. Hanna, still holding out hope for her former friend, is not so sure. With Mona seemingly popping up everywhere, it sure seems like she has a plan. But with no real evidence to prove Mona is back to her evil ways, how can the Liars prove what they believe to be true? Meanwhile, Aria's fears about her father grow stronger when something vital that is hidden in her room goes missing.

» JOIN U§ FOR THE LIVE♥CHAT DURING THE EPISODE «

PREVIOUS!

PROMOS!

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship, try not to insult
other ships, just stick to the one you like and be positive, please.
Let's remember to show our fellow posters some respect, thanks. :]
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive
when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it. Any posts with that topic will be deleted.
Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs Eastern time in the USA.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

S T A R D U S T
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for starting the new thread

let the games continue
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Andrew is scrumptous. Total nerd swag. He probably got turned on by Jeopardy Spencer. Spencer vs. Mona is very dynamic and interesting. I can't even speculate how she's going to react when she finds out Toby was Mona's henchman. Probably punch her in the black hoodie covered-breasts and Toby in his black sweatpants groin...I don't know.
Speculation: I think Spencer already is starting to suspect Toby. She thinks Mona cheated and we saw Toby helping her with that last question. He may have let her memorize it wrong. She new as soon as she started she was skipping names. Both Mona and Toby new it would come down to the last question.

I think Aria is pregnant. I don't see how the flu is an important plot devise.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

unless it's to keep her as a sitting duck while the A team terrorizes Rosewood, but just the flu with this much discussion about not feeling well?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by timehealsall (View Post)
unless it's to keep her as a sitting duck while the A team terrorizes Rosewood, but just the flu with this much discussion about not feeling well?
I bet Meredith is poisoning her. I notice Meredith didn't actually DRINK any of the tea that she gave Aria. And with her being so nice all of a sudden ... I know Byron is shady, but Meredith just did a 180 right there. I think she has her own agenda. Next week's episode is supposed to be inspired by Stephen King's "Misery" and with Byron being out and Meredith suddenly taking care of Aria ... seems suspect.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Andrew is scrumptous. Total nerd swag. He probably got turned on by Jeopardy Spencer.
bless this

Meredith poisoning Aria? That would be insane
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I think Aria is pregnant. I don't see how the flu is an important plot devise.
Because she's ill next week with pyscho Meredith looking after her. She's not pregnant.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
New Fan

The flu is probably just happening in order for Ali to visit her. Aria can't really afford to start another storyline just yet, she already has Byron, Meredith and Ezra's son drama.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Meredith poisoning Aria? That would be insane
And awesome.
S T A R D U S T
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

wait... why is Meredith looking after Aria? Why can't she stay at Ella's place or wtv
Old 01-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The flu is probably just happening in order for Ali to visit her. Aria can't really afford to start another storyline just yet, she already has Byron, Meredith and Ezra's son drama.
That makes sense too. It seems like they need Aria in one place for the narrative so that the Meredith/Byron drama can be focused more at home, where it would make sense, as opposed to Aria going out to Hollis/Meredith doing something at Rosewood.

As far as not staying with Ella, who knows? That seems like the most obvious choice, unless Ella just doesn't have room at her place? We never really did find out the details of Mike and Aria's custody tbh (or am I forgetting?)

I don't think Spencer suspects Toby just yet. I think if she doesn't actually find out next week, she's definitely getting ideas about it being him.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Interesting that the flu is becoming a factor in the show as it's so much in the news right now,really bad year for it.

Byron's looking spookier by the minute and is displaying a violent streak.Still,seems awfully early for Meredith to be becoming Aria's confidant.It DOES make me question her ''herbal tea''.

Spencer once again displayed one of her major weakness's,arrogance.She assumes she's the smartest person in the room and sometimes allows OTHER smart people to play her.Mona totally suckered her.I wonder if Mona got HER answers from Lucas or if she truly knew all that material ? Mona is clearly VERY smart.

Speaking of Lucas,he becomes the second character of this half of the season to leave Rosewood High (Jenna transferred schools too).He confirms to Hanna that he was forced to work as Mona's bagman because she could dime him out for selling test answers.Is that all there is to the story? He delivered an envelope from Jason to Mona (I guess that was Jason in the baby zombie outfit in the web show).Lucas also admits that he (like Melissa) was supposed to distract Jenna at the Masquerade Ball.Seems distracting her was a MAJOR concern for the baddies,perhaps a clue that Jenna ISN'T part of -A.Still looked like Jenna kissed Lucas on the cheek at the Masquerade though.Why would she do that ? Lucas also admits HE started the fire that hurt Meredith,but was really trying to get Mona.Why a fire,this is the third time someone has been trapped in a fire on the show ? Is someone trying to make a point ?

I think Spencer IS starting to slowly question Toby's truthfullness.Even earlier this season she seemed baffled as to how Jenna spent two months with Toby and their parents and they never suspected she could see ("What did she do,sleep wearing her glasses ?"),no when she brings up Jenna and N.A.T around Toby he gets angry (''Why are you so obsessed with this !").Remember it was Toby that supposedly found Jenna's eye drops.Something bad is playing out and it's gonna gut Spencer.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo H. (View Post)
Byron's looking spookier by the minute and is displaying a violent streak.Still,seems awfully early for Meredith to be becoming Aria's confidant.It DOES make me question her ''herbal tea''.
I really do question Meredith's motives from time to time. She knows how much even being in that town messes with Aria's head and then she is telling Byron's illicet activities the night Alison was murdered? Then it's on to being her BFF with the "herbal tea" bit is just a bit far fetched. I think Meredith is up to something and I'm sure it has to do with the night Ali died...maybe making Byron look guilty to deter people from suspecting her. If Meredith thought she had any future with him and Alison was blackmailing him, Meredith had motive to kill Alison....and this good girl BFF act is a poorly sold story and I'm not buying it for a second

Quote:
Spencer once again displayed one of her major weakness's,arrogance.She assumes she's the smartest person in the room and sometimes allows OTHER smart people to play her.Mona totally suckered her.I wonder if Mona got HER answers from Lucas or if she truly knew all that material ? Mona is clearly VERY smart.
That is one trait to Spencer that gets her into trouble and with her losing to Mona...it's going to have long reprocutions.

Mona may not be as study smart as Spencer, but she definitely knows how to get what she wants and always knows where to get it. Lucas is as guilty as a death row inmate on his last day and moving to a new town isn't going to make a difference. Mona has her hooks into Lucas and anytime she wants, she can reel Lucas in by the information she holds on him. You can never be far from -A.

Quote:
Why a fire,this is the third time someone has been trapped in a fire on the show ? Is someone trying to make a point ?
Everyone involved in a fire has been, well, "not-so-innocent"

Ali (I think it was Ali) Jenna....then Meredith. These fires are not random and have meaning. It's all to get outsiders away from the -A game. Jenna and Meredith were definitely getting too close to the girls and that is not what -A wants. -A wants to torture them like the -A team was tortured by Ali. Sadistic, but makes sense.

Quote:
Spencer IS starting to slowly question Toby's truthfullness.Even earlier this season she seemed baffled as to how Jenna spent two months with Toby and their parents and they never suspected she could see ("What did she do,sleep wearing her glasses ?"),no when she brings up Jenna and N.A.T around Toby he gets angry (''Why are you so obsessed with this !").Remember it was Toby that supposedly found Jenna's eye drops.Something bad is playing out and it's gonna gut Spencer.
And whenever Spencer mentions -A, Toby gets ver defensive or just tries to change the subject entirely. It's just not making sense anymore and Spencer is about to break it all open
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 01-17-2013 at 02:37 AM
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dp
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Elite Fan

A concise conclusion of this week's romance: Haleb and Ezria are off. Paily is on. Toby spies on Spencer as usual.